Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

2. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

I don't think anyone here is implying that a deposit outright guarantees a watch. Nothing is 100% guaranteed until you have watch in hand. I would put the likelihood of US deposit allocations at 90%, however, which is good enough for me.

STANDY and Martin_J_N like this.
  3. Hoddspur Oct 5, 2020

No wish to turn this into a football thread but...unbelievable Jeff! :D

planetoftime likes this.
  4. 《007》 Oct 5, 2020

if it is LE, then those who made deposit are more than the LE quantity

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 5, 2020

@Martin_J_N Because in the UK it is against the law to take money for something before it exists.
    A consumer protection thingy.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  6. queriver Oct 5, 2020

Sorry folks, it's all over, you can go home now. It's October 6th now.

garryap17, rustyduck, VjaceCZ and 3 others like this.
  7. texasmade Oct 5, 2020

There might be different laws on when Omega has to deliver a watch, pay interest to the depositor, or whatever in the UK/rest of the world bs US.

8. Hoddspur Oct 5, 2020

Dam it! I had an appointment booked with Watchfinder at 5.00pm today! :(

Only joking :p

rustyduck and queriver like this.
  9. Martin_J_N Oct 5, 2020

Didn’t know that, thank you

10. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

There were 700-ish Apollo 11's allocated to the US, those who put a deposit (usually 100%) got a watch. It was orderly and run by Omega USA. This time it seems a bit ad hoc and not as organized. Hope they haven't screwed it up.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  11. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

For those at Omega reading these forums, please just save us form ourselves and release the gd watch already.

Twocats and richiv like this.
  12. kelsey Oct 5, 2020

My gov have no trouble taking taxes for things that don’t exist....

E-wotch likes this.
  13. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Maybe this only applies to me, but the amount of productivity lost on this thread alone has already far outpaced my deposit by this point.

FBCello, Martin_J_N and sgtiger like this.
  14. Twocats Married... with children Oct 5, 2020

I am waiting on an email for a transaction I am doing and its a big deal for me. This thread is actually keeping me sane while I wait for that email to drop in. I really hope today is my day, double bubble, the deal and the watch.

15. sgtiger Oct 5, 2020

I was just thinking the same thing! This will be my first $25,000 (or whatever number accounts for lost billing) watch!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  16. midimanwatch Oct 5, 2020

Yes and this is what I have been saying since the start. All you are doing is registering your interest and they can give out their allocation to who they want.

Now in defence of the depositors here. Your deposit should give you some legal entitlement to what you are putting the deposit on But not if you don't have any T&Cs, or else it is not worth the paper it is written on.

And Omega are not taking deposits. So it looks like the ADs are running their own little deposit schemes. :D:D:D

But why? IMO this is going to lead to a lot of disappointment.

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 5, 2020

So as you can see below. UK law you need a description of the goods before you Can take a deposit.

This guide provides information about distance purchases made in the UK on or before 12 June 2014. For distance purchases made on or after on after 13 June 2014, please see our page on the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

What were the Distance Selling Regulations?
    The Distance Selling Regulations were the rules that protected your consumer rights when buying products from a distance, until 12 June 2014.

The Distance Selling Regulations set out information the seller must give about the goods or service on offer, including:

• a description of the goods or service
    • the price of the goods or service
    • delivery costs (where applicable) and any cancellation rights
    • the minimum duration of the contract (for services)
    • information about the seller
    The seller has to provide this information in a clear manner, and in a format appropriate to the means of communication used (so, for example, in the terms and conditions of a written contract, or verbally in the case of purchases over the phone).

Martin_J_N and hb8745 like this.
  18. texasmade Oct 5, 2020

So you’re saying the OB owned by Omega is actually an AD?

E-wotch likes this.
  19. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

Just bill it to the client! I'm sure they will appreciate your penchant for keeping accurate billable hours.

sgtiger and rustyduck like this.
  20. hb8745 Oct 5, 2020

True, if depositors don't get a watch, there's very little in the way of legal recourse that's worth pursuing.

The only "recourse" at that point is to pull a full Karen. Storm into the OB, demand the manager, and raise all hell at the top of your lungs with other customers in the room.

Then go home, create a live facebook stream of how the OB scammed you, and leave 1 star review (minimum of 300 words).

Martin_J_N likes this.