Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. demchocholips Oct 1, 2020

I made the conscious choice not to chase this one without actually seeing it. It may turn out to be an amazing piece, and my prior decision may mean a wait or paying a grey premium. I already have money down on the new Ed White (second on my OB list), and I just bought two Rolexes (one for my wife’s anniversary gift) within the last 30 days. My next watch chase will either be this Snoopy or a new Submariner. Hard for me to get excited enough to even call the OB before knowing what Omega is offering.

2. YY77 Oct 1, 2020

Only point I'm trying to get across is I believe every company if they have a choice will serve an end customer over a flipper.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  3. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

Interesting. At this point, I think OB's should have some sense. Now wether or not they feel compelled to speak the truth is another issue...

I've spoken with more than 1 OB who have all confirmed non-LE. It's possible that you have a better relationship with your OB, and maybe the SAs I've spoken to are straight up lying or making things up. In either case, it's not a great look.

The variance in answers could just boil down to the possibility of 2 or more models, with a precious metal version being LE and steel being LP. So both could be true.

4. Evitzee Oct 1, 2020

Limited Edition (LE) or Limited Production (LP), many boutique employees couldn't even tell you the difference, so whatever they are spouting is not something I would rely on. Omega has been particularly stingy with any information on this watch, the boutiques know very little. Some take deposits, some don't. Seems disorganized compared to last year's Apollo 11 release, but maybe there is a wizard behind the curtain twirling knobs and having everything in control. We will find out soon enough.

watchme, speedypants, pdxleaf and 2 others like this.
  5. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

True maybe they just don't know any better and I'm giving them too much credit. Just offering up my data points. Maybe they're all just confused with the semantics of it all.

However, from what I've heard, I would be extremely surprised (in a good way) if they released a <$10k LE (x / x000) version.

6. texasmade Oct 1, 2020

Not likely since I've only purchased accessories in the past 5 years from this OB. More likely that someone misread whatever internal notice was circulated to OB's and given the amount of people saying LP vs LE, I'm guessing my OB misread it. Either way it doesn't make a difference to me.

platogsd likes this.
  7. taz101 Oct 1, 2020

So I am on two boutique lists but not 'guaranteed' however my local AD who got me the 45th Snoopy has said if I pay a 1k deposit he will use it as leverage to get an allocation for the 50th lol. I didn't think UK AD's could take deposits but i'm gonna do it and hope

8. Evitzee Oct 1, 2020

Just make sure it is a rufundable deposit in case he can't get one for you.

taz101 likes this.
  9. phooi Oct 1, 2020

Hahahahaha... good one! It’s amazing how certain people are for something they heard from someone else.

It’s fun to speculate and people shouldn’t take themselves so seriously. All will be answered on 10/5.

10. Martin_J_N Oct 1, 2020

The manager at my OB said he knows absolutely nothing, he is happy to chat to anyone who wants to discuss the watch but he has nothing to bring to any discussion other than his opinion. He told me that all he is doing is keeping note of those that have e-mailed him to request a watch, (i'm in the UK so no deposits required as yet) the e-mails are sorted by date/time received and he will start at the top and work down the list once he knows numbers being released and how many he will be allocated (if any).

11. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

I see your point, but I can think of several businesses who have that very choice but strategically choose other way, especially when a VIP/history is involved.

watchme likes this.
  12. YY77 Oct 1, 2020

Sure, there are examples of VIP/customer with history getting preferential treatment but I wouldn't define those equal to flippers.

watchme and Martin_J_N like this.
  13. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

Fair enough. Just trying to add my thoughts for those who were confused. The base model is not going to be LE (although i honestly hope that I'm wrong).

Draw your own conclusions, but there are enough data points out there which all support this.

Edited Oct 1, 2020
    texasmade likes this.
  14. texasmade Oct 1, 2020

Just a few more days then hopefully we can stop with this speculation!

platogsd, 8100_RPM, pw92676 and 3 others like this.
  15. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

Not in the traditional sense and in all cases, but in terms of companies choosing end customers over flippers, there's definitely a large gray area where you often see the reverse happening on a case by case basis. Some flippers are valuable to some businesses in some situations - it's not all encompassing.

No one truly knows how the watch is going to sell a year down the road. What if the watch isn't received well, and sales plateau a year down the road? Then you'd be glad you sold to flippers who have effectively taken on some of that inventory and launch risk. If the watch is a huge success, flippers can price the watch at levels that Omega could never do at MSRP, and generate additional value for the brand.

I can see why most aren't fond of flippers (myself included), but I do think they have their place and value-add in the free market. In fact , they are playing a more fair "game" than VIPs are. If they beat you to an allocation in a level field, then it's their right to sell at whatever price they please. It's not like these people are getting huge allocations of 50 watches and fixing the the supply...

16. Omega-Q Oct 1, 2020

Nobody knows if this release will be LE or LP. Maybe Omega will surprise us and it will be neither and just be a normal production so everybody can have one? It is all conjecture at the moment. Just a few more days!

phooi likes this.
  17. shutterlife Oct 1, 2020

I'm sure some people know. They're just not saying anything. Like who would know? My guess, for example, would be a few people at Fratello. They're probably finalizing pictures and an article, if they're not done already. But those in the know, know better than to leak anything.

Pun likes this.
  18. phooi Oct 1, 2020

of course there is. They are not going to give it away here when they can generate followers and ad dollars elsewhere.

19. midimanwatch Oct 1, 2020

We are going to need a new thread for all the reactions once it has been released to the public.

It is going to be interesting to see what people think, and how many depositors decide to pull out or proceed with their purchase.

In fact, it is going to be interesting to see if anyone gets contacted at all, and if the deposit got them anywhere.

We know nothing.

20. Evitzee Oct 1, 2020

KnowNothing_button.jpg
    kelsey and Seaborg like this.