Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. phooi Sep 30, 2020

Awesome!!!

2. phooi Sep 30, 2020

I guess you’re not in the US although I believe the deposit waitlist is now closed. I wish you the best of luck!

Soulcreek and Karusel like this.
  3. Soulcreek Oct 1, 2020

Thanks. I’m in Japan. I have 2 options, go to the OB on the 5th and see what’s what or go through the OB at the dept store where we have a connection who helped acquire a couple of Rolex. The 2nd option sounds best but I don’t want to get that person involved again. Sorry this post is all about me me me lol but I hope every genuine watch lover can get this watch if they desire!

4. phooi Oct 1, 2020

lol! The whole point of a forum is to meet other people and share conversation about a common interest.

My suggestion is to make sure these locations are actual OBs and not ADs. I don’t believe the Snoopy is available at ADs yet but I could be wrong. Don’t want you to waste your time.

Good luck!

5. Swup Oct 1, 2020

I got no OB in my country, but got the call for a deposit in July by the AD.
    Think it really depends on your country and how Omega is represented.

watchme, Martin_J_N and 《007》 like this.
  6. midimanwatch Oct 1, 2020

They should create some kind of anti flipping rule where the buyer has to sign an agreement form that the watch is not to be sold on for the next determined amount of time.

For example, the original purchaser has to hold onto it for at min 2-3 years before it can be sold on the open market.

I know I have drummed this out and not thought about every avenue, but surely it would help to deter dealers from looking to make a quick buck and help others to get a watch that they want to keep hold onto like me.

Japanred likes this.
  7. wouter van wijk Oct 1, 2020

Although I have extensively argued against omega's strategy to release so many limited editions, of course as a dealer I will definitely buy this LE to flip

8. EricCsN Oct 1, 2020

take it whatever way you want - a mountain of salt even: I am hearing demand for this coming snoopy from AD and OB is very hot.
    For anti-LE folks if you can't beat them/ us, might be a case of join them/ us.

Japanred, Martin_J_N and spinnaker11 like this.
  9. wouter van wijk Oct 1, 2020

Joking aside. This will most likely be a very succesful LE due to the recent sell in and sell out of earlier LEs and the price appreciation of the Snoopy 2. And in all honesty a bigger number of the recent LEs are better executed than before

10. Martin_J_N Oct 1, 2020

Once you have bought and paid for a watch, this forthcoming LE or any other watch, it is your property and you are free to do what you want with it.

So you can wear it (preferred option), put it in a safe for your children and hope it rises in value, you can jump and down on it, smash it with a hammer or other suitable instrument, or you can sell it.

If you sell it, you can sell the watch the day you buy it, the day after, a week or a month or a year or at any point you determine.

The watch is your property, yours to do with as you see fit.

So whilst I dislike flippers and the grey market I understand that there is bugger all that can be done to stop this from happening, therefore I have decided that I will only buy from an AD at or below retail price.

pw92676, Dogmann and YY77 like this.
  11. YY77 Oct 1, 2020

Joke understood, I just can't comprehend why people think lighting will strike the same place twice. The 45th Snoopy was special due to the handsprinkled silver stardust in the caseback being unique for every unit which IMHO is the reason of the resale values.

12. Swup Oct 1, 2020

The 45th Snoopy is the only Omega that I loved the second i saw it. It felt and looked perfect ::love::
    I like other Omega watches, but that one just hit a homerun.

phooi and hb8745 like this.
  13. speedydownunder Oct 1, 2020

It is absolutely your right to sell it whenever you like. The real question is is it Omega's right not to sell you the next LE piece?

Ferrari and Porsche seem to think it is.

phooi likes this.
  14. midimanwatch Oct 1, 2020

Ok this is where we differ because if I was was going to release something special I would like to see that it goes to the people that really want it and not someone that is going to try and deprive someone else of the opportunity of owning one. Those type of people would go to the back of my list if I knew that was there intention.

It's not like Omega needs their money and are short on offers.

In fact I would rate Omega if they done that to most of the people on these so called lists.
    i.e. history checks and known dealers last.

I know that if the watch is good, and I manage to actually get one I am holding on to it for keeps.

15. E-wotch Oct 1, 2020

Business is..... business.

Japanred and BlackTalon like this.
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 1, 2020

So how would a company do this.

I have two LEs and how does anyone know if I still have them two years + on.

Do I have to bring them in when I buy a third. ( this leads to only selling to people that already have several and pisses another group of people off )
    History checks will only tell I bought one, No company knows what happens when someone’s gone home. ( cars are different )

There is no quick fix to stop flippers of any product that is valuable or limited. It happens with toys, clothes, knives you name it. Just look at concert tickets in today’s age. Scalping today is a major business that is done by companies compared to your mate Rick that stood in line for a few hours years gone by.

17. Martin_J_N Oct 1, 2020

Omega is in business to sell watches, unfortunately they cannot control what happens to a watch after it is purchased. So whilst the majority of buyers will keep the watch there will be a portion who decide to cash in on the watch and sell for a quick profit, unfortunately that's life, I don't like it so all I can do to protest is not buy a watch above retail price.

However, brands are getting smarter, buying back watches from greys and tracking them back to stores, AD's are refusing to sell to buyers who have sold on a watch especially a new model recently launched.

But, its all very mucky and murky because legally you can do what you want with your property, so if you want to walk out of the AD, down the road to your local grey dealer and sell your brand new watch after owning it for 10 minutes, you are free to do so.

18. hb8745 Oct 1, 2020

Another viewpoint - maybe Omega actually want some amount of flippers? Certainly not a ton, but some amount of flippers will drive secondary prices higher generating more hype and attention for the watch/brand. Resellers also give those who have more money than time the ability to facilitate transactions which are mutually beneficial. Sure some people might get upset they can't obtain the watch at reasonable prices, but many also understand and will attribute that to s/d dynamics of an awesome luxury watch, and not as an inherent fault of corporate strategy.

If they somehow came up with a policy to effectively enforce holding periods, I think this would turn off a lot of buyers who weren't planning on flipping anyways.

19. dstfno Oct 1, 2020

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal in most countries.

20. YY77 Oct 1, 2020

I don't think any company wants to have flippers making up part of their buying public.