Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Vale21 Sep 17, 2020

Don't want to bloc fund if not surr and it won’t change anything with my OB

2. 83n Sep 17, 2020

I am a little sad. I bought my watches at the 2nd biggest AD in my country. Building a nice relationship over the years. I discovered Omega as my favourite brand later and of course my AD does not sell them.

I bought one Omega at another AD but he told me again (as for the Apollo 11 50) that I have no chance of getting any sought after LEs from him...

3. Vale21 Sep 17, 2020

That's a pity situation. Maybe you should ask your historic AD if he can help... Nobody knows...

83n likes this.
  4. weimi1 Sep 17, 2020

That's not a problem. October's Snoopy won't be limited.

WatchNurse, 83n, Dedlock and 2 others like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 17, 2020

Been known to speculate spot on before.

Predicted the case back of the 50th spot on. 12 months before hand ;)
    Predicted the number ;) Predicted the two tone gold ;)

Longbow, lando and rohnin like this.
  6. 83n Sep 17, 2020

I hope you are right.

7. Japanred Sep 17, 2020

Even a broken clock is right twice a day... ;)

Vale21 likes this.
  8. EricCsN Sep 17, 2020

i prefer limited, that way i can have a chance at having my chose of numbers (assuming they are willing to consider my request)

rohnin likes this.
  9. Martin_J_N Sep 17, 2020

Definitely don't want the watch limited if the numbers are similar to the last A13 LE. This LE needs to be spread as wide as possible to celebrate the achievement.

My 10c of opinion.

drhex likes this.
  10. Z06Pat Sep 17, 2020

My OB was not sure if it was going to be a numbered piece but they did say it would be 'limited production' and supposedly not readily available.

11. mjb Sep 17, 2020

My possibly pessimistic feeling is that Omega will do their typical "limited to the number of that we can sell" production run.

Which is good from the perspective of attainability, but not always so good from the retaining value outlook.

Because I'm fickle and I like to change-up the collection.

12. Rglaz Sep 17, 2020

My deposit was placed on Tuesday this week with possibility of seeing it in 2021

13. riimar Sep 17, 2020

What about the final price tag?

Im afraid it will be like when they launched the speedy with 321 movement and new bracelet.
    (311.30.40.30.01.001)

I really wanted it, until I saw the insane price for some stainless steel.

14. Martin_J_N Sep 17, 2020

Surely the object of this exercise is to celebrate the anniversary and not line the pockets of a few people? I firmly believe that the watch will be an LE but with over 7000 pieces available to purchase. Giving as many people as possible the opportunity to own this watch.

riimar likes this.
  15. Capt Cave Man Sep 17, 2020

If, as some have heard it's limited production over 2 years, it's basically a limited edition under a different guise.

I still think 6,970 pieces being another prominent 50th anniversary milestone in Omega's history :whistling:

Pun and Martin_J_N like this.
  16. shutterlife Sep 17, 2020

So, the question is, how many can and will they make over the course of two years. Perhaps they're going for a false supply and demand. Released in batches over the course of a couple of years. If they see the watch sitting, they won't make more, but if it's hot, they just keep pumping it out. If it was limited, and all pieces accounted for, those who didn't get it will feel left out. but this way it still give them a chance to stay on a "list" and they may still get it.

Pun likes this.
  17. pw92676 Sep 17, 2020

I’m not very active on OF but this thread has changed that. Have enjoyed reading the insight here, very knowledgeable group.

I just put down a deposit with my boutique. Staying tuned here as well :)

WatchNurse, Japanred, Z06Pat and 2 others like this.
  18. Japanred Sep 17, 2020

Probably not going to be a popular opinion but I just don’t get all this “the watch needs to be unlimited so everyone can celebrate the anniversary”.

Its a watch at the end of the day. Why do you need one to celebrate it? You can celebrate the anniversary without it can’t you? Or if you are that bothered about “celebrating the anniversary” then you can buy the watch on Chrono24 if you weren’t lucky enough to get one...

At the end of the day it’s a piece of jewellery. Yes we are all watch enthusiasts but I wouldn’t say that anyone “needed” to celebrate this.

I’m not 100% sure I will get one of these from the dealer. If I don’t and I fall in love with the watch I’ll simply buy it second hand (at a premium no doubt) like I did with the A13 45th Snoopy. There’s no getting around the fact that part of the special feeling of the 45th snoopy is it’s low number. If 50,000 were made no one would be bothered about it and there wouldn’t be any hype surrounding the 50th either...

rohnin likes this.
  19. orlis Sep 17, 2020

It’s interesting people are still speculating it will be LE. OBs already confirmed it’s not. It’s limited production and time will tell if it’s as limited as Apollo 8 and 300m No Time to Die that you won’t have problem getting one if you really want to, or closer to Ed White which will generate long waiting lists.

also confirmed it won’t have cal 321 but 3861.
    I cannot wait to see it on Oct 5th and curious of the first reactions on OF :)

20. texasmade Sep 17, 2020

I put my deposit down today, $5k. I was told it would be a LE to 5,000 pieces so who knows now until Oct 5 when information is actually released.