Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. taz101 Sep 17, 2020

It's interesting how all the US members are able to put down deposits when in UK we are told it's not possible

2. Spdfrk28 Sep 17, 2020

Just made my deposit today boys! I just hope omega makes enough for all of us

3. Rglaz Sep 17, 2020

My Deposit was placed on Tuesday this week 15 Sept 2020. They may start delivery end of this year but I was told not expect anything before 2021.

4. Rglaz Sep 17, 2020

Possible payback for the SPEEDY Tuesday release when Europe got first crack at them ?

5. EricCsN Sep 17, 2020

Why 6970. It happened in 1970. So 7070 sounds more logical ?

YY77 and phooi like this.
  6. Evitzee Sep 17, 2020

I was under the impression that a deposit in the UK binds the seller to produce the goods, so UK dealers pass on that avenue.

8100_RPM likes this.
  7. Dogmann Sep 17, 2020

@83n

As to what your current Omega AD told you below,
    "I bought one Omega at another AD but he told me again (as for the Apollo 11 50) that I have no chance of getting any sought after LEs from him."
    I would of of looked at him straight in the face and told him quite clearly to not only forget about the current sale he was ringing up but to forget about any chance of seeing any money spent by me with him ever and walked out. I then suggest you find a better AD or Boutique that are going to actually value you as a customer and not treat you as if they were doing you a favour or you owed them something for being able to give them money for a product they are selling.

You and we are not their for the pleasure of an AD or Boutique of any manufacturer they are their to serve us with goods in exchange for our money if they have an attitude like the AD you mention they would never see a penny of my money ever.

Marc

Japanred and Dedlock like this.
  8. EricCsN Sep 17, 2020

As I mentioned before: Fact of life is omega will want to reap maximum value for themselves by selling these mostly through OB (preferably those OB they owned) rather than through AD who will likely get a very very small handful of them (Not enough to go round except to their vip). Go to OB not AD if you wish to secure one

9. Sask1Omega Sep 17, 2020

what’s OB?

10. Sask1Omega Sep 17, 2020

I called my AD, not taking deposits. Said to phone the day of release and then go from there.

11. EricCsN Sep 17, 2020

huh? Omega Boutiques-and those owned by Omega themselves- vs authorized dealers AD.

12. Sask1Omega Sep 17, 2020

Got ya, yeah I phoned my authorized dealer. Lots of calls but not taking deposits preorders like the USA, says it’s a little Wild West, said to phone on October 5th. Said I working be calling!

13. phooi Sep 17, 2020

I’m not sure where you are located but you should see if you have an official Omega Boutique. Looks like they are the only ones taking deposits.

14. Sask1Omega Sep 17, 2020

I think
    Yes, I have phoned my official boutique too here in Canada. They are not taking deposits. :(

15. phooi Sep 17, 2020

Are there any laws that prohibit putting down a deposit like some of the other countries? I guess you can always call first thing on 10/5 or show up when they open. Sorry to hear about that.

16. Sask1Omega Sep 17, 2020

yeah if I like what i see, will call and put down deposit

17. texasmade Sep 18, 2020

It was pretty much impossible for me to get the ST2 because of the time zone. By the time I woke up at 7am CST, it was too late. Everything was reserved.

8100_RPM likes this.
  18. 8100_RPM Sep 18, 2020

I know the feeling. I was up at 3AM PST to order my ST2.

19. Dogmann Sep 18, 2020

@EricCsN

Not really sure why you quoted my post as it was just giving an opinion on how someone was being treated by an AD they were doing business with and of course whilst AD's and Omega Boutiques will of course have favoured clients that will get priority buying watches should help get you there being told you will never even be considered is not the way to get loyal customers IMO.

@all

I am based in the UK so as far as I am aware no deposits are being taken and yes usually most AD's and Omega Boutiques will have favoured clients to whom they will offer these watches first to. But on speaking with my local Omega Boutique within a major watch store the one I had purchased my Apollo 8 from last year I just happened to get the sales lady that I dealt with for that. They are not running a waiting list as such but are making note of those who express an intertest to whom they will then send as much information as possible as it becomes available. She also mentioned that they would get approval as to who can get a watch or not which is not something I have heard before in this thread and seems a strange course of action if this model is indeed not a Limited Edition. Anyone else hear anything similar direct from an Omega source? or has she got this totally wrong?

Marc

Edited Sep 18, 2020
    Japanred likes this.
  20. Capt Cave Man Sep 18, 2020

The Apollo 11 50th was an LE with 6,969 pieces - 5,000 + year.

Just applying the same logic for the Snoopy 50th - 5,000 + year = 6,970 :D

EricCsN likes this.