Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Hoddspur Jun 12, 2021

All lot of people were moaning about how Omega sold both Speedy Tuesdays online but with hindsight, it appears fairer and with less faffing about than this one. They should have limited it to say, 6,500 and repeated it with the Snoopy :unsure:

landig and david5807 like this.
  2. david5807 Jun 12, 2021

So true :(

3. Newatch321 Jun 12, 2021

Concur, it is a shame on Omega and that an online purchase could have been the best possible scenario.

4. PandaSPUR Jun 14, 2021

Have you seen whats going on with GPUs, the PS5, and even some fitness gear? Stuff thats available online get bought up by scalpers almost immediately. No one has really found a good system to get rid of scalpers unfortunately.

I'd say Omega limiting it to OBs and ADs only, and then OBs/ADs selling based on their relationship with the buyer keeps it away from more scalpers than selling online would.

E-wotch likes this.
  5. Omega-Q Jun 14, 2021

Just visited my OB a couple of weeks ago. The last Snoopy delivered to that boutique was mine and that was over 2 months ago! They have zero visibility on any future allocations...

6. Mr Gadget Jun 16, 2021

Just got the call. Mine is here.

149montblanc, raclaims, AK1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Newatch321 Jun 16, 2021

Congratulations

8. chadeaux Jun 16, 2021

Awesome, congrats!!
    Share some pics then :)

9. Mr Gadget Jun 16, 2021

london

10. Mr Gadget Jun 16, 2021

picking it up over the weekend

11. Evitzee Jun 16, 2021

Omega either gets these LE's right, or they go off the rails. The Apollo 11 50th (6,969 pieces) went very smoothly, the two ST's (2,012 pcs each) sold out online in less than an hour which caused a lot of complaining but they are still available at a reasonable premium for those that really want one. Ditto for the two CK 2998 LE's (2,998 pcs each). But the Snoopy thing completely overwhelmed them it seems and production seems to be dribbling out. Not sure why, the complication isn't that difficult, but they can't seem to get them to marketplace. Maybe they should just offer NFTs in the future and be done with it. I'm no way in the market for a Snoopy but if I had good, hard money down on one of these I'd be getting a little irked at this point.

tenvol98 likes this.
  12. AimForTheStars Jun 16, 2021

I have also been lucky enough to get the call today. Absolutely thrilled! Literally wearing it at home watching TV as I don’t want to take it off

8F9F80D6-29C8-421C-8CCF-5A730D65F5A5.jpeg
  13. Mr Gadget Jun 16, 2021

Where did you pick up yours?

14. scapa Jun 16, 2021

Agree.

I get that there are reasons for the various production halts, but they seem to able to crank out other models, including the 2021 Speedies and get them to market efficiently. I'm willing to wait through the autumn, but that'll still be over a year since I made the deposit, and I haven't been impressed with the communication of these delays.

While the rapturous reception and high demand for the Snoopy may be positive for the brand the slow rollout and incoherent allocation may not. Some enjoy the machinations of long queues, VIP status, buying history, the endless foreplay of coveting that halo product — others just want the damn watch, or will move on from it.

Congrats to all who have received yours to date. Still a beautiful piece for sure.

Edited Jun 16, 2021
    Newatch321, orlis and AimForTheStars like this.
  15. AimForTheStars Jun 16, 2021

In London

Mr Gadget likes this.
  16. chadeaux Jun 16, 2021

Omega had some objective issues with the production, but the extremely low production rate is something that was planned since the beginning.
    They are in the exact position they wanted to be.
    Hot reference, huge demand, overall increased attention to the whole brand.
    They had the perfect plan, with the perfect halo watch, and they executed it pretty well.

AimForTheStars and E-wotch like this.
  17. Evitzee Jun 16, 2021

Yeah, well, in some markets the price of admission to get on the sacred list was a FULL DEPOSIT with no time schedule as to when said watch would be delivered, and in the interim news from Omega and their OBs have been somewhere between nil and none. I'd hardly call that execution as being done 'pretty well'. And it seems in the UK some ADs are now refunding deposits without being asked. But some people have convinced themselves that this is some sort of an evil genius plan on the part of Omega. Righteeo.

odanrot likes this.
  18. odanrot Jun 16, 2021

I agree. So much assumption from people who think they know what the “grand plan” was.

Here’s how I see it: Initial deposit in June, full deposit with announcement. First in line both times. No communication at all. They’ve had my money for a year with no anticipated date of arrival. Not even an estimate of which year. When I check with the OB, they have no information.

How is this brand building? How is this winning customers?

After the initial press…there isn’t any significant press on this watch. I haven’t seen any of the key watch YouTube channels discuss it. Haven’t seen much of an update from Hodinkee or Fratello talking about the watch (compare to all the videos on the hard to get Rolexes).

So….what was the grand plan here?

When I couldn’t get any info from my local OB, I called the customer support number for Omega for an update. They apparently staff it at times with OB managers (talked to one from another state). He stated that after the announcement, Omega made a policy change to reward the best OB customers by prioritizing them on a their lists. OK…a semblance of a grand plan. It seems to me that they didn’t fully consider that some people, like me, purchased their Omegas from ADs before there was a local OB. Didn’t matter. He stated that even if you brought in proof of purchase from an OB…the plan was to reward OB only key customers. He stated the same for the 321 Ed White.

Perhaps this will work. Perhaps not. Sometimes, as an Apple customer, I wish my long history of purchasing everything they make would push me to the front of the line. I don’t think I would have been that bothered by this if they could have made enough to meet the deposit need.

I guess that’s where I’m still confused. It can’t be that hard of a watch to make. What’s the real reason for the scarcity (other than the “grand plan”). And why, by most accounts, the unbelievably poor amount of communication?

Just some thoughts.

landig likes this.
  19. chadeaux Jun 16, 2021

Lol... guys, I advise you to stick to the facts.
    I’m not sure what relation you have with your OB associates but:
    1) I was told clearly and in written by email that this was a “limited production” with very long waiting time
    2) I was told clearly and in written that they wanted a deposit to be on the official list and that they would be expecting drop outs given the long waiting time.
    3) I was told clearly and in written that with a full deposit my allocation was guaranteed
    4) the official list opened for the whole world on September 2020. I have no idea of how it’s possible that they kept your deposits for more than 1 year, when it’s actually about 9 months now.
    5) US OBs that took deposits before September were forced to issue a refund and request a new deposits. Some OBs in Europe didn’t do that. Huge mistake imho.
    6) clients with strong history had a priority, this was communicated multiple times to me. Even before I placed my deposit.

I believe the issue here is with communication with your OBs. Maybe they haven’t been so effective in delivering key information. Their bad of course.
    I would suggest you to get in touch with your associate. If you are with full deposit they should be able to give you at least an estimate for your allocation.
    Good luck!!

20. odanrot Jun 17, 2021

Looks like you had a completely different experience than I had in the US. And here at least, the official list, at my OB, opened in June. I have a 50% receipt dated from that month with the other 50% in September. Facts.

Not true that US OBs that took deposits before Sept were forced to issue a refund. Fact. Mine didn’t.

Fact. I was told I would get the first one. Fact. I did not.

LOL…see how facts work? Your experience was quite a bit different than mine. It doesn’t mean yours was true and mine was false.

And my associate at my OB, as I stated, can’t give me a delivery year. Fact. :)

neoguendia likes this.