Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

But I thought you said it's best seen when you're young and stoned?

2. Dedalus05 Jun 9, 2021

This is the one to watch when you're stoned. Very Waiting for Godoty:

Pun, destroid and pdxleaf like this.
  3. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

Yes, I definitely need to be stoned for this one.

4. pdxleaf ... Jun 9, 2021

Because if you are young you still have options, the future is a vague thing, and if you are lucky, you think/hope better times are coming. You don't know who is Godot but you look forward to meeting him and believe he will be a fine gentleman to meet. Seeing the play may alert you that perhaps things are not as they seem, which is a message that a younger self may be better positioned to receive.

With a few decades of living, the future becomes clearer, your opinion of Godot will likely change. Seeing the play may help you understand where you are at that point and what you are experiencing.

It's a play that asks the audience to use their own experiences to understand the characters. It's probably something that a person could watch at different times in their life and think differently each time about what they have seen.

On a lighter note and to bring it back to Snoopy, if you are young, you want Snoopy now and are impatient, but you trust Omega is diligently producing Snoopys and yours will come in due time. If you are a bit older, you like the Snoopy and decide to put your name on the list because, well why not, maybe in a couple years you'll eventually get one and you've got time to wait. If you are even older still, you think Snoopy is okay but think this whole waiting list thing is manufactured to generate demand and that Snoopy isn't really coming. You have heard of other people who have seen or even received their Snoopys, but you don't think there will actually be enough Snoopys for everyone on the list. You are certain you will never get a Snoopy but you decide to keep your name on the list. At the end of your life, you pass away on the day that the boutique calls you to tell you you can come in to pick up your Snoopy.

But it's just a silly play. Pay no attention to me. I am sure everyone on the list will eventually get their Snoopy.

E-wotch, Pun, DoctorEvil and 3 others like this.
  5. az2598 Jun 9, 2021

The experience is, frankly, a huge turn-off ... putting down a deposit and then waiting 1.5 - 2 years for the watch is fairly ridiculous IMO

6. stevec14 Jun 9, 2021

I suspect it will stay as long as you can flip it for $15k more than you paid for it…..wait or not. I do hear you though and suspect many will drop away.

If you aren’t worried about the dog on the watch, a Tokyo 2021 Seamaster will give you the same colour way and you can get it today.

7. nismo Jun 9, 2021

Agreed. They can easily produce more and deliver them as the other watches they are making aren't having supply/manufacturing delays (same 3861 movement). We'll see if the promise to deliver to all those that put down a deposit here in the US. If not, then they will certainly be losing customers for life.

8. texasmade Jun 9, 2021

I have a deposit down and I'm not planning on purchasing anything from Omega until I have a watch in hand. I'm sure there are others like me who feel the same way.

neoguendia, SpeedyPete and nismo like this.
  9. dscoogs Jun 9, 2021

That was back around late March. I visited them last week, and was told that they delivered 2 more, or 4 total so far.

10. Hoddspur Jun 9, 2021

Maybe us wannabe Snoopy owners should demonstrate outside their HQ in Switzerland? I’m sure the media would be more than sympathetic to our cause! :D

landig and Pun like this.
  11. texasmade Jun 9, 2021

At this pace it might be awhile before I get mine from the Houston OB.

12. notchrishansen Jun 9, 2021

Don’t mind the wait, just would like at least one update from my OB.

I feel better waiting for this and having an option to put a deposit, rather than play the Rolex/Patek game. But I do like to thank Rolex for not taking my money all these years and letting it sit in the market.

Pun likes this.
  13. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

@pdxleaf Thanks for taking the time to explain the play to me. I appreciate it and get it now :)

And for those of you still waiting for Snoopy, be patient. Your day will come. Looking on the brighter side, from what I've read it's not like the Rolex game where ADs are getting people to buy dog watches or jewellery just to get on a wait list. And the wait for a Snoopy is not as long compared to a SS Rolex?

Om3ga321 likes this.
  14. chadeaux Jun 9, 2021

Considering that the official list with deposit is closed, and that actually they have an “interest waitlist” to try to hop on the official list...
    I’m not sure the estimated waiting time is much different that a SS Rolex, actually it might be more challenging getting the Snoopy.
    That’s why the premium is so hefty

15. DoctorEvil Jun 9, 2021

A wait list to get on to another wait list?
    Now I've seen everything...

pdxleaf likes this.
  16. Newatch321 Jun 9, 2021

Yes, there are others.

17. MTROIS Jun 9, 2021

Well, if the info included in the "broken 3861 movement" thread is accurate, then there may be a backlog as Omega may have had to make changes to the 3861 caliber. Who knows...

nismo and DoctorEvil like this.
  18. Newatch321 Jun 11, 2021

Really surprised that a member on another forum is selling a second snoopy and I still don't have mine, similar to many of you.

19. DoctorEvil Jun 11, 2021

I wouldn't be surprised if some flippers have mates who are ADs and know how to exploit this. Alternatively, when the wait list for the Snoopy was first opened they may have registered their interest several times using different names (friends, relatives etc), so that they can get more than one watch.

20. chadeaux Jun 12, 2021

The issue is that AD didn’t receive any yet.
    These are placed by the OB network, and they should verify they are not selling to flippers.
    Unfortunately that is a very difficult task that require resources Omega doesn’t really have.
    So, of course some watches are going to flippers and resellers.
    I know one person that already got 2 from two different countries. He has a relation with both boutiques, he is a “professional flipper”, and he is playing his game.
    It’s a shame, but... This is the market.

DoctorEvil likes this.