Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. chadeaux Jun 17, 2021

I would never say that your experience is false!
    What I’m saying is that what they communicated to you is discordant with what they communicated to me; and what they told me is actually what is happening. So, unfortunately, there is an issue with your OB/associate.
    Some OBs (in the west coast) took deposits before the lists were officially opened. This generated a problem, basically the had to issue a refund and to do a re-deposit in September.
    You are saying that you payed the full amount in September, and I don’t have any reasons to dispute this, there is only one practical issue: in September the watch price was not known. That’s why OBs could take only a deposit of 5k at that time.
    OBs usually require a deposit in full for references that are below 10K. So my best guess is that your OB/associate tried to be “creative” in order to secure your Snoopy, but that is not what most of the other OBs were doing.
    I’m not sure what is your story with the OB, when I met with my associate they told me clearly that yes there was the list but that historical clients (VVIP) had the priority no matter what, so they would have received the Snoopy first. I had only a couple of pieces with the OB, so I knew I wasn’t a VVIP.

if you have a huge history with the brand and they gave you all these partially wrong information (or no information), well... I agree you should be pretty upset with them.
    But in general, something is wrong with what they communicated to you and with how they proceeded with your account and full deposit.

Edited Jun 17, 2021
  2. speedy_fan Jun 17, 2021

For those who had received your snoopy, is it possible to share what is your total purchased amount history before you received the watch?

3. odanrot Jun 17, 2021

Oops. Sorry….the other 50% was in Oct on the day it was announced.

Yes…very interesting to see how this is handled. Throughout this thread, it seems quite a few different experiences.

It’s not unusual to have to wait for in-demand, luxury items. I’ve just never seen the inability to project an estimated delivery time. For those of us in business, it should be pretty easy to look at the deposit list, look at current production rates, and determine an estimated delivery date. I think that is the crux of my irritation.

4. chadeaux Jun 17, 2021

Now it makes more sense ;)
    Still, there are a couple of issues with how they proceeded with the timing of your first deposit.
    Anyway what matters is that you are in the official list since the beginning, so you will get your Snoopy.
    Also you are probably well positioned, but keep in mind that they are giving priority to their top clients.
    OBs had more power on the allocation ranking at the very beginning, but after few weeks after oct 5th, Omega HQ increased their control on the allocations, so that now most of the references are allocated directly in Switzerland and the OB receive notification just few weeks/days in advance.
    You could have been number 1 on the list, but if you have 20 clients with $500k + history with the OB, there is no way they are delivering your watch before them. Even if they entered on the list 2 weeks after you.
    This is the objective reality.
    And I have to say that when they told me this, back in September, I had to agree. Being a loyal and historical customer, needs to be rewarded.
    I agree that is annoying they are not even giving you an estimate. They should!
    Do you have any purchase history with them?

5. rafabond Jun 17, 2021

In my AD, only in the last 2 years I have bought 9 Omega watches, I know that I will be the first as soon as they are available for the AD, but in the meantime I have already commented with my AD that I will not buy any Omega until they serve the Snoopy, and if for some reason this Snoopy watch will not be distributed by AD and only for Boutique…. my relationship with Omega will be forever over.

nismo likes this.
  6. chadeaux Jun 17, 2021

The Snoopy was not launched as a boutique only piece, and I don’t think they will do that.
    My AD told me that they are sure they will receive some, sooner or later. Timing is the question.

7. PandaSPUR Jun 17, 2021

Sadly thats more of a punishment to the AD than to Omega.

I'm getting the sense that this is one big experiment for Omega, to see if they can boost loyalty and sales at OBs vs potential loss of frustrated customers.

8. texasmade Jun 17, 2021

For all intents and purposes in the US, the watch is boutique only for the foreseeable future. Only way I see this changing is if your AD is part of a large chain that moves a lot of Omega SKU's.

My experience so far with my OB.

When I put my deposit down in September I was told potentially end of 2020 but more likely Q1 2021. I knew that wasn't really going to happen but that was what the OB told me. Now, they're saying potentially Q4 2021 after the initial batch of 2500 go out to VIP's but most likely sometime in 2022. I always thought that this was more realistic so while I'm a little disappointed I didn't receive anything in Q1 2021 I was already prepared for this to happen. If for whatever reason I get booted off the list, well things happen and there are other things I can spend $10,000 on.

9. chadeaux Jun 17, 2021

My AD is WOS... so pretty big I shall say.
    They are pretty confident they will get some pieces, sooner or later, but the possibility I’ll get my Snoopy from them is 0.0001%.
    Im on the list with the OB, and I’m sticking with that!

10. scapa Jun 17, 2021

Yep. There are plenty of places served by Omega (like Canada) that have to rely on the AD system in the absence of an OB network. When I heard about this launch I contacted the one OB here and was directed to my local AD, from whom I've bought a number of pieces, including Omegas. When I placed my order, I was given a spread of likely dates upon putting down my deposit -- latest was Q1-2 '21. My brother, at an OB in HK, seems to be on a waiting list for the waiting list.

I certainly agree that whether or when these Snoopies arrive in greater numbers isn't the end of the world -- I'm perfectly happy to "settle" for a JLC Master Calendar or any of a number of other interesting pieces. But if this rollout was meant to be the beginning of a bold new Omega system for managing allocations of in-demand pieces, they might have to go back to the drawing board.

Mr Gadget likes this.
  11. Mr Gadget Jun 17, 2021

Yes, bought numerous watches from them. Was 1st on the list when it opened, bit now I think I am the 3rd based upon purchase history.

nismo likes this.
  12. DoctorEvil Jun 19, 2021

VjaceCZ, pdxleaf and Dedalus05 like this.
  13. AimForTheStars Jun 20, 2021

A hard decision but put the Snoopy 3 on the 3861 bracelet and it’s stunning. Of course you can enjoy the case back animation more on the nylon so may swap it back in the future. It’s worth the wait guys and hopefully those waiting will get theirs soon.

3695FD49-B72E-46D7-B783-35DE131B266A.jpeg
    Pun, Omega-Q, Longbow and 11 others like this.
  14. Mr Gadget Jun 20, 2021

20210620_141313.jpg

Picked it up today.

Pun, nwpan, MTROIS and 13 others like this.
  15. Newatch321 Jun 20, 2021

16. 149montblanc Jun 22, 2021

Thanks for sharing! Looks absolutely gorgeous on the steel bracelet :) Can’t wait for mine to arrive!!! :D Even though it might take up to 3 years!!! :(

Edited Jun 22, 2021
  17. 149montblanc Jun 22, 2021

Huge congratulations! How long did you have to wait? I’m from the UK. I’ve been told that worst case scenario the waiting time could be up to 3 years :(

18. Mr Gadget Jun 24, 2021

8 months. list is now 5 years if you can get onto one.

19. 149montblanc Jun 24, 2021

Wow! It was a lot easier to get hold of the second Snoopy watch! Even on the grey market, it was only a few grand over retail!

I had a feeling this would happen, especially with the price of the second Snoopy watch, going through the roof!

20. raclaims Jun 24, 2021

Mine just arrived !

Dedalus05 and SSGMT like this.