Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Honis May 20, 2021

Has anyone in the nordic contries got their Snoopy yet? Still waiting for Snoopy to arrive Norway, guess we are the last country on the list? ‍♂️

2. Dedalus05 May 20, 2021

Dublin told me yesterday they expect their first in August. So looks like I'm in for a long, long wait.

3. chadeaux May 20, 2021

OB? or AD?
    Thx

4. Dedalus05 May 20, 2021

There is no OB in Dublin.

5. chadeaux May 20, 2021

It will be one of the first at an AD I guess!

6. PandaSPUR May 22, 2021

ADs in countries with OBs will likely still remain at the bottom of the list though

7. JesterP May 26, 2021

I can’t wait for Snoopy but I can. I won’t lie i have sold a couple of speedys that haven’t rung my bell and made money on them at the same time. Not sure if that makes me a flipper but im very excited to get my snoopy and it won’t be going anywhere, I’m hoping for a long time. I think the wait is all part of the fun. Through covid I joined some live streams with fratello and omega with Raynald, they are all sooo good. I asked Robert Jan questions throughout one video of which he answered them all. Buying another Omega to me is investing in a great company who create great things and all work very hard to involve us all.
    So we have to wait. We should all be glad that we are still here in the world and safe. I’m a practical man and let’s face facts if your 40 plus like me I’ve mabey the same again to go and im dead. The watch will come in time. All the best my patient friends.

pdxleaf, nwpan and DoctorEvil like this.
  8. DoctorEvil May 26, 2021

As they say:
    All good things come to those who wait.

JesterP likes this.
  9. az2598 Jun 8, 2021

Looks like there was a burst of deliveries earlier in the year (10-15 at my OB) and then they've only gotten 1/month since then. I put my name on the waitlist before it officially dropped in October with a deposit and I was told by my US East Coast OB there was 0% chance I would get it this year. There are ~25 people ahead of me, all with deposits, and they are only expecting ~5 more pieces this year

10. notchrishansen Jun 8, 2021

Ouch.. at least you got some info.. My US OB has been saying “no update from corporate” since October. Although they are a significantly smaller than say NY..

11. Newatch321 Jun 8, 2021

Great to see this alive. Was getting concerned of no more love for the piece.

12. Evitzee Jun 8, 2021

As months drag on and the initial enthusiasm ebbs and other watches come on the scene I wonder how deep and long the Snoopy craze will prove to be. I would guess some buyers will get tired of waiting and move on to something else.

raclaims likes this.
  13. pdxleaf ... Jun 8, 2021

Perhaps. Feels a lot like waiting for Godot, though.

14. scapa Jun 8, 2021

Yep.

I can't go on waiting for Snoopy...
    We must go on waiting for Snoopy...

Even as Lucky and Pazzo go strolling past with their splashy new JLCs and VCs....

pdxleaf likes this.
  15. chadeaux Jun 8, 2021

So many people threatening to leave the waiting list and getting the deposits back... but then they don’t.
    Here some reasons:
    1 the watch is a complete novelty for Omega
    2 there are thousands of people ready to hop on the official list
    3 the premium is pretty impressive
    4 the new Snoopy is much more interesting than recent releases from other brands (read “palm fronds)

anyway, I truly hope someone will really drop out the list, so I can get my Snoopy sooner! :)

Dbirds11 likes this.
  16. DoctorEvil Jun 8, 2021

Pardon my ignorance, but who/what is Godot?

17. pdxleaf ... Jun 8, 2021

I won't exactly explain. Something worth watching, whether in film or a live theater. It's a play called waiting for Godot.

A group of inmates watched it and became extremely upset. It has to do with waiting for something to happen that never happens, as well as the waiting for something to bring meaning and missing the living.

Best seen if you're young and stoned and wondering if this is all there is to life and when will my life get on track.

Something like that.

Pun and DoctorEvil like this.
  18. DoctorEvil Jun 8, 2021

Haha. I'm middle aged and sober but it sounds like I can relate to this play ;)

19. chadeaux Jun 8, 2021

I Would wait for either Vladimir or Estragon to answer to your question.

sgrenald likes this.
  20. pdxleaf ... Jun 8, 2021

You are the target audience