Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. scapa May 7, 2021

Yep. Had to double-take when it showed up on my alerts. Sigh.

Still hoping for mine to land before Xmas but not holding out much hope at this point. Under a dozen delivered to Canada thus far, according to my AD.

2. stevec14 May 7, 2021

Yeah, it’s not great - the TRF are also not impressed (he has several other usernames) - it’s listed there also!

even better, he announced an incoming there and then proceeded to bung it up for sale. It’s his and he can do what he likes with it, but it’s poor form IMO as he (again) was one of the fan flamers in the hype discussion.

3. Omega-Q May 7, 2021

Yep...loads of discussion from that user. I was surprised to see him post it here as well.....

4. petay993 May 7, 2021

It's sold now.

Guy has some front putting it through the forums.

Hopefully people will remember.

Ian_km, griffith_500 and pdxleaf like this.
  5. pdxleaf ... May 7, 2021

Different if he was upfront about it. Nobody forced someone with deep pockets to buy it. But it feels like it's abusing the forum.

Also feels more like a dealer sale than a private collector sale. Up to the mods, they own the forum so their choice.

Archer and griffith_500 like this.
  6. nicolamilton May 7, 2021

No mods needed, and fits perfectly.

7. Caliber561 May 7, 2021

Do you really need validation from me?

Taz101 has outed himself as a flipper. Does that mean everyone ought to disclose their OB and waitlist information? Conversely, does also that mean we shouldn't explain to new members why others may be suspicious of them? Perhaps, because of a poor username choice?

8. pdxleaf ... May 7, 2021

Not directed at you. I agree with you. I was thinking you would agree with me once we learned of the recent for sale snoopy. I meant to say to that new user that the person who responded roughly to them was the same person who flipped a watch, thus proving your statement.

Hope we're good.

Dave

Caliber561 likes this.
  9. Caliber561 May 7, 2021

Ah, sorry about that. Seems like I'm somewhat jaded myself as I automatically assumed that was a jab.
    And as to your first statement, it's true that there's some irony. Should've remembered that Taz was plain dirty after his shenanigans during the Apollo 11 50th anniversary.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...

YY77, stevec14 and pdxleaf like this.
  10. PandaSPUR May 15, 2021

I was trying to avoid looking at this watch and all the hype/threads/info around it because I knew it would take forever to get...

Then my OB goes and shows me a sample Snoopy they had in the shop when I went to look at Tresors. Now im on whatever infinite waitlist exists.

Pun likes this.
  11. chadeaux May 15, 2021

It’s irresistible!
    Did they put you on the wishlist or on the waitlist?

12. PandaSPUR May 15, 2021

Not sure what the technical difference is, but they could not accept a cash deposit (yet) so I suppose wishlist?

13. chadeaux May 15, 2021

It depends where you are located geographically.
    Anyway in general
    wishlist = no deposit allowed, you are on hold to get on the waitlist
    waitlist = deposit may be allowed (in some instances is required i.e. US), your request is sent to OmegaHQ, the chances of getting the watch are definitely higher. Whoever is on the waitlist with the full price payed (essentially in US) and or a client with good history, will get the Snoopy at this stage.

on the waitlist the major variable is time.
    Until few weeks ago they had people with full deposit with an expected time of delivery of more than 3 years. Recently it seems they are ramping up production and deliveries, so the feeling is that they might allocate most of the watches ordered by last October within 18 months.
    We will see!

14. PandaSPUR May 15, 2021

Its unclear whether the slow production is intentional or due to some real constraint, but yea lets hope they pump out more of these soon.

I'm not in a huge rush since I really do want to get a Tresor as my next piece anyway. I figure I'll buy that, maybe get a little higher on the "wishlist" and then get a snoopy next year.

15. DBEOTS May 18, 2021

Says it all really that one of the mods has two advertised for £21,995 a piece!!

16. Bp1000 May 19, 2021

Slow production indeed. Haven't seen many incomings on here recently. Last flood was Feb/March. Globally. \

The number of watches on Chrono24 has stayed fairly static too. Seems distribution has slowed down. Not sure why. This movement is being produced, very quickly, for the new speedmaster.

Nothing else on the Snoopy is that complex as to slow things down this much.

17. PandaSPUR May 19, 2021

Hmm.. it might not seem complex to us, but I don't recall Omega doing these special "animated" case backs before. Any new thing that falls outside of their usual industrialized/automated process probably slows things down considerably.

18. Bp1000 May 19, 2021

Indeed but I think the animated module is just a hand coupled to the running chronograph hand. I don't think it is a production slowing complexity.

I suspect the reverse side hand needs some movement modification but its odd to me to see how slowly these are being rolled out

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 19, 2021

The movement requires virtually no modifications per se. It's simply installing a different fourth wheel, and a different chronograpoh wheel when the movement is assembled.

Here's what a "regular" fourth wheel looks like:

[​IMG]

The "Snoopy" fourth wheel has an extended post that the earth fits on to:

[​IMG]

The chronograph wheel is a similar situation - regular wheel:

[​IMG]

The "Snoopy" wheel again has an extended post that the hand that carries the lunar module is pressed in to:

[​IMG]

That's the extent of the movement's modifications. It's a very simple change, so the movement wouldn't be the hold up.

Cheers, Al

Eve, Scarecrow Boat, pdxleaf and 8 others like this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 19, 2021