Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. stevec14 Mar 27, 2021

There are cheaper on chrono...albeit it’s at the cheaper end of the spectrum to be fair.

2. Hotshot14 Mar 29, 2021

Watch was labeled as limited production,non-limited edition officially by Omega at release, if I remember correctly. That language is no longer on any official documents from Omega. Swatch group has got to be keeping production numbers very close and the official number they want to produce will likely never reach the public, maybe not even OB based on recent behavior. This means they hold the power and everything is on their terms. Best info we have is past milestone editions as a gauge. Labeling as limited production with opportunity to make more in future for big clients makes sense, at least from a corporate perspective.

There seems to be a common theme throughout the thread of either no or very little information given to the public. Even to the extent that the OB are in the dark. In my discussions with my OB manager (Northern Region), they are echoing what has been said. This is above Omega, this is with Swatch Group. OB are just as frustrated as public because this is such a different process than all the other rollouts. As a baseline, the rules have changed. (Allocation by Local store lists -> Swatch Group assigning names, release in Oct -> Release in Dec, everyone will get one, etc) But if you piece what little data we have together, you can somewhat paint the picture (my assumptions)

Omega released 45th LE (huge success, big hype,1970 pieces)->people started putting names on list 1,2,3,4 years in advance-> Watch pricing was released in summer 2020 @ 10k USD->Watch was released through Omega Social Media and in stores “late Oct”->Public contacts OB and AD to get it on list (Omega most likely had a estimate of how many they were wanting to produce by this point)->List is massive, exceeding expectations by a big factor.-> Omega makes a call to collect full deposits to gauge true interest (where they can legally) -> Deposit list is still multiple times what they wanted to produce ->Swatch Group takes over, makes the call to stop taking deposits and will now be allocating watches to specific clients instead of OB.-> COVID and other factors delays release of watch to Dec (Omega radio silent)->As watches finally roll out, it’s slower than expected so they have to start giving info to OB (which we saw in earlier write up)->Swatch makes decision to sort clients into buckets (getting watch 2021 for first batch, get watch in 2022+, offer refund)->today while we wait.

All in all, this is totally different than what has been seen at Omega. It’s almost like a mix of Rolex+Patek for this watch. It’s definitely a tough spot for consumers, as the only thing is wait if you want the watch or pull your money out and be done. I’ll be keeping my name on list because I like the watch.

*Will say that for me at least, a guarantee means nothing. Swatch/Omega could pull the cord at any point and discontinue the watch and just issue refunds, just like all the other big brands. Unfortunately, only thing you can do it cross fingers and wait.

**My opinions, Reader since page 92.

red crowned, sgrenald and Newatch321 like this.
  3. rominvicta Mar 29, 2021

You
    You forget one main point. Omega and SG are legal entities supposed to make money for their shareholders. So if supply is scarce that has just one main reason behind, to lift the boat for all the rest of Omega proposals, including those communicated previous week.

4. chadeaux Mar 29, 2021

Nothing new, unfortunately.
    I’m not sure about swatch deciding everything.
    Production and allocation are slow.
    Number of Snoopy produced will never be revealed, and that was clear since the very beginning, when Omega CEO said something like “we will make exactly the number that we planned to be made”.
    Who has the deposit placed just needs to be patient.
    It’s a waiting game.
    I hope production will stay low. There are too many flippers around anyway, so the most important thing is that Omega keeps trying to limit the allocation to them.

5. neoguendia Apr 4, 2021

I sent OB an email yesterday to check on the status of my snoopy and they called me right away. The sales associate was very nice as always. She explained that production has been very slow and list is huge, However, I am guaranteed a watch since a placed a deposit. It will take time and not sure if it will be this year or the next!. I will keep my deposit in place in hopes of getting one. I don’t have any purchase history with them. Congrats to all who got theirs. Cheers

6. taz101 Apr 5, 2021

It is pretty ridiculous they expect to take paid deposits and even full payment for a product and just vaguely say 'could be this year, could be next year' never seen anything like it

neoguendia likes this.
  7. Walw2097 Apr 5, 2021

Just another data point here.

I've checked in with my OB, and they informed me that the earliest I could receive the watch may be at 2022, as the allocation will be going to higher spend customers first.

I've had no previous purchases from this or any Omega OB, but I did place a deposit a month before the watch was announced (Sept 2020).

Good luck to all of us out there.

neoguendia likes this.
  8. Newatch321 Apr 5, 2021

We are all part of the 0% loan to Omega. Life can't be better.

Lbennett, E-wotch, neoguendia and 2 others like this.
  9. Omega-Q Apr 10, 2021

Another one delivered!!! OB Tysons Corner!

4A628752-3B1B-4E82-BE53-7546A4D30E7F.jpeg 1597D71E-B567-4913-B1BB-CA552D8962C0.jpeg
  10. chadeaux Apr 10, 2021

sweet
    Congratulations man! That’s a TIMEPIECE!!

Omega-Q likes this.
  11. Flysatchmo Apr 10, 2021

Congrats! I put the 3861 steel on mine today...highly recommend!
    4501CBB3-3B34-4D36-86A8-EF5019FD90FC.jpeg 34384EA6-2A15-488D-BB0C-9278ABDCAC26.jpeg 7B7079CF-2939-4F73-B962-ED9A64C81108.jpeg

12. Omega-Q Apr 10, 2021

Pun and Flysatchmo like this.
  13. Flysatchmo Apr 10, 2021

I found the strap a little small for my wrist so I’m waiting for the longer one....I’ll be changing them out on a regular basis... agreed it is stunning in person ! Congrats again !

Omega-Q likes this.
  14. burnrbr Apr 10, 2021

Congrats!! Looks fantastic!

Omega-Q likes this.
  15. abgul Apr 10, 2021

Anybody heard of ADs getting delivery or only OBs?

16. Flysatchmo Apr 10, 2021

my OB told me today that ADs will be getting them when all OB orders are filled. Sorry to hear that...hopefully they can start ramping up the delivery dates.

david5807 likes this.
  17. abgul Apr 11, 2021

How does that work when OBs have waiting lists probably miles long. ADs maybe get in 2024?

18. chadeaux Apr 11, 2021

Most of the ADs will not receive any in 2022. Some of the large ADs are expecting a couple of pieces per year.
    OBs in US have list with deposits that will be completed probably in 2-3 years. Although deliveries as still very slow and OBs don't get regular allocations of the reference.
    I checked with different OBs recently, they told me that at this point they are seriously doubting that the official lists in the boutiques will be ever reopened.
    Actually they told me it's great to be on the list with deposit and that it's better to be patient.

19. abgul Apr 11, 2021

Also - does anyone know if the OBs/ADs have to supply their customers names etc to Omega? Is there any preferenc'ing going on?

20. abgul Apr 11, 2021

Ok gotcha. I'm on a list with an AD (with deposit) but I suspect I won't be getting the watch. Any info on whether Omega will honour AD deposit list?