Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. chadeaux Apr 11, 2021

OBs need to communicate the names to OmegaHQ.
    OmegaHQ decides the allocation.
    But the official list is closed.

Lists with ADs are definitely more challenging. Maybe if you are a top client you have some chance.

2. chadeaux Apr 11, 2021

I know that large ADs had some allocations guaranteed by Omega. So sooner or later those watches will be allocated.
    ADs that took deposits should confirm the allocation.
    Anyway the numbers are low and the priority is for sure lower than having the full deposit with the OB.

3. abgul Apr 11, 2021

Ok couple of q's here -
    - do AD's also have to supply names?
    - Does the official list include the AD deposit list?

Omega did state that anybody who wanted this watch would get one. I wonder if that means they will fulfil the deposit list of communicated names, OB, AD or otherwise.

4. chadeaux Apr 11, 2021

- I believe the do have to give names.
    - The "official" list is with Omega boutiques. Only OBs were able to take deposits few weeks before the launch. That is the official list.

Omega stated that anybody who wanted this watch EVENTUALLY would get one. Check the official communication of the CEO.

5. abgul Apr 11, 2021

Cheers for all the info - super appreciated. On the CEOs word. I just don't see how that is possible unless they make it for the next decade (even longer) at current production rates.

6. texasmade Apr 11, 2021

My guess was the plan is for people to wait so long that they move on to the next Speedmaster special edition and move off the Snoopy. CEO said what he said to try and ramp down speculators but most people probably figured that the watch wouldn’t be flooding the market.

jjimfer, nicolamilton and E-wotch like this.
  7. Hotshot14 Apr 11, 2021

I rambled on in my last post, but imo, anything info that we had 6 months ago can be thrown away, more or less. So much has changed since release and I expect it to be different 6 months from now.

I think @chadeaux said it well. Better to be on the list and be patient if you want the watch. In terms of probabilities, OB > Major AD (LA or NY) > AD

Extra Thoughts: Even if you are guaranteed the watch from your OB or the AD, take that with a grain of salt. If they discontinue the bulk production of the watch after 5000 units (~2500 per year world wide, for 2 years was the plan) [OB Manager], they will still make the watch, just cut way way down on production. So you do still have a chance of getting the watch, which aligns with the CEOs thoughts, but it won’t be a fast process. Once OmegaHQ makes the call to end bulk production, OB/AD will prolly call everyone on the deposit list to see if they want to stay or give move back. This is similar to a lot of the major brands (Rolex, AP, PP) unfortunately, so it makes somewhat sense.

neoguendia likes this.
  8. abgul Apr 11, 2021

In no rush and can wait. Only thing that would be good to know would be if I will get the watch or not. If no that's ok - I can spend on something else.

Dedalus05 and Ralvari like this.
  9. Hany_AE Apr 13, 2021

I’ve put my deposit through an AD and he informed me that he has been confirmed that he will be allocated a few pieces. Fortunately enough, I’m high enough on the list to be getting one. Expected delivery Q4 2021 or Q1 2022.

10. abgul Apr 13, 2021

Nice! Which are of the world are you in? Might contact my AD and see if they have heard anything.

11. Swup Apr 14, 2021

My AD was told he would get ~3 this year. Was initially planned for Q1, but been pushed to later this year.
    This is in Europe.

12. Ralvari Apr 14, 2021

Makes sense. Omega is trying to create a "Rolex-hype" with these models... but probably they should measure much better their dependency of the ADs... Creating the sense of scarcery is something different of what they are doing And even, they need to explain the results in front of the shareholders and inverstors where this artificial scarcery could not be well understood.

13. chadeaux Apr 14, 2021

ADs have low priority and will have lower allocation.
    Omega preferred distribution canal is Omega boutiques, for obvious reasons.
    ADs will get some, but OmegaHQ doesn't really care that much about them.
    The Snoopy is so hyped that they can do whatever they want :)

It's already the "Rolex" model. The new Snoopy is performing Daytona style.
    They created a super hot steel chrono, really difficult to obtain and whoever wants it will need to play with their rules.

14. SSGMT Apr 15, 2021

Another one delivered! Beautiful watch, I love the dial, as many have said, pictures don’t do this watch justice!

C45E8714-F695-4318-8E5B-0E3E4B443EC3.jpeg
    Edited Apr 15, 2021
  15. Omega-Q Apr 15, 2021

Congratulations!!!

SSGMT likes this.
  16. Hany_AE Apr 15, 2021

I’m in Western Canada. Very limited amount of OB’s around so my only option to order in person was my local AD.

17. w@tcher Apr 16, 2021

Congratulations!!!
    Really beautiful!!!!

SSGMT likes this.
  18. nismo Apr 16, 2021

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what country your OB is in (assuming not delivered by an AD)? Did you have a purchase history through an OB?

19. texasmade Apr 16, 2021

Wei Koh posted his interview with the Omega CEO today on YouTube. CEO said that demand was for 15,000 Snoopy’s on the waitlist before closing them down.

20. Newatch321 Apr 16, 2021

Congratulations

SSGMT likes this.