Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

at least 3 years. Probably more.

2. sgrossma Mar 11, 2021

I don't think anyone inquiring at this point will get one.
    I was told it will definitely be years before the deposit list is fulfilled.
    And you are now looking at almost half a year between when the deposit list closed and today, with literally 1000s and 1000s of waitlist requests globally.
    I was also told by an OB that allocations at this point are all being made by HQ.

3. jayhawaii22 Mar 11, 2021

Well since it is not a numbered limited release i don't think it will never happen, Omega will keep making it as long as they can sell it. The dark side of the moon Apollo 8 is the same way, limited production but still obtainable.

4. sgrossma Mar 11, 2021

Just giving my opinion to the question.
    I don't think this watch will have a production run of more than 5 years and I think it is already oversold. It would be weird for them to keep making the 50th past the 55th anniversary, when they are likely to have another anniversary model.
    Anyone that wants one should certainly try, because if you don't try you will surely get nothing.
    There are always cancellations and relationship favoritism to consider.
    If you are to assume forever production, I think you are looking at 6-8 years. I think it will take them 3-4 just to clear out the deposit list and then you have everyone who is before you.

smitty190373 likes this.
  5. Soulcreek Mar 11, 2021

Is it a “local shop for local people”?

6. jayhawaii22 Mar 11, 2021

You don't think they will boost production now to fulfill all deposits and waiting lists? I mean at 10K a pop they are really making $$$ and they would be foolish to not pump them out to fulfill all orders.

7. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

Yes, like a steel Daytona. Not a numbered release. They will keep making them.
    It's obtainable.

8. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

Why they should inflate their own "halo watch" boosting production?
    It doesn't make much sense from a pure business model.

taz101 likes this.
  9. Hoddspur Mar 11, 2021

I’m in the UK and am beginning to get a bit concerned. I wasn’t asked for a deposit initially and on 7 October 2020 was informed: “We will be contacting you shortly to ask for you to pay a 10% deposit to secure the watch.
    Unfortunately, I cannot confirm any dates on when the watch will arrive in the Boutique, we are thinking early 2021.”

Yeah right! :(

10. jayhawaii22 Mar 11, 2021

I am also going off what the CEO said which is they want everyone who wants this new Snoopy to be able to get it. And i just think if they wait too long people will eventually lose interest, especially if we are talking years. Just my opinion though.

rafabond likes this.
  11. stevec14 Mar 11, 2021

I hear ya. I thought the same and ventured the same opinion. I do think that having thought about it some more that they won’t do that.

yes there are a lot of punters out there who would pay for it tomorrow. But how many really would if they said they were going to release 10k of them next month. Most of the flippers would get cold feet and the demand would probably be far less going forward.

omega sell millions of watches without trying that hard - they don’t need this to be the same. This, and to an extent the 321, take the brand to a point where people will wait to get their watches and they become genuinely desirable to many who wouldn’t be interested in the others.

you aren’t wrong, but there’s a balance to be struck between supply and demand, and they will want to be just shy of that mark to keep the fervour going I expect.

Pipes McGee likes this.
  12. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

naaa...
    Nobody is losing interest, especially with a 20K premium.

13. stevec14 Mar 11, 2021

But they might if they flood the market and the premium therefore evaporates. Thus why they, in all likelihood, won’t.

14. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

They will never ever ;)
    The only question is when they will deliver, especially now that allocation is decided in Switzerland.
    Anyway, I’m not moving 1 cent from my deposit. I don’t want to take any risk.

15. stevec14 Mar 11, 2021

Let’s not get into this ‘allocation decided in Switzerland’ lark again.

it’s clearly not. Customers with no/little purchase history have received. That’s a fact.

16. sgrossma Mar 11, 2021

Think about this for a second -
    The new 3861 dropped mid January and it was available for purchase in stores all over the world almost immediately with probably 1000s already sold and delivered.
    Yet so incredibly few Snoopy watches delivered 5-6 months after the launch? Top OBs are getting 1 Snoopy a month for the entire year. That is just astonishing.
    And this isn't the first time something like this has happened.
    Omega makes like a million watches a year and while this is somewhat of a unique watch, there is nothing revolutionary about it.
    It feels intentional... you have a backlog of probably $50 million USD waiting to be realized and that won't be realized until all watches are delivered. But they will spread it out and juice it for years instead :) - which is counter intuitive in a traditional retail setting.

odanrot, Evitzee and scapa like this.
  17. sgrossma Mar 11, 2021

Allocations are being decided in Switzerland, but nobody said it was based solely on spend. I've heard direct and very recently from a US OB that they are all coming in with names. Why lie?

18. stevec14 Mar 11, 2021

Because you will believe anything they tell you, And as boutique employees. They likely don’t really know what’s going on.

So it’s being decided by Switzerland. Imagine the conversation.

Switzerland - we need to monitor this and not let it get in the hands of flippers and into the hands of collectors.

Employee - ok - well we have someone who has no purchase history who wants it.

Switzerland - ok - let’s let them have one.

really?

And yes, plenty of people have speculated it’s by spend and other means. If it’s not that, what is it? Inside leg measurement?

19. rhr321 Mar 11, 2021

I am also hearing allocation by name from Switzerland. I don’t doubt it. More people on the forum are confirming this than those disputing it. This does not mean it’s entirely spend history based, and it doesn’t mean there aren’t exceptions or perhaps a small quantity allocated to newer customer with less history.

20. sgrossma Mar 11, 2021

Not looking to get into an argument over it, but have you spoke to any Omega OBs lately?
    Multiple US buyers have all recently confirmed the same thing, all the same story, directly from OBs.
    There is absolutely no reason to lie about it or make stuff up. If a store wants to allocate me at the end, it is up to them. It doesn't sting any worse hearing that vs Switzerland is bumping me to the end.