Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. sgrenald Mar 10, 2021

Reminds me of my cousin's friend. He's a car enthusiast and was on "the list" at the local Ferrari (I think) dealer for a specific limited edition model. The dealership offered him $50,000 to "buy back" his car, which he hadn't received yet, to give to another customer. Some time after that, he was on "the list" for a Porsche GT3 when that dealer offered to buy him off the wait list. This time he didn't "sell back" the car because he didn't want to get taken off Porsche's preferred customer list.

2. texasmade Mar 10, 2021

If I had spare money then I would put my name on the Ferrari list every year and hope I get bought out.

sgrenald likes this.
  3. gnuyork Mar 10, 2021

Genius :cool:

4. Bp1000 Mar 10, 2021

I don’t think it’s allocated by hq

The most recent pick up with no OB purchases but a couple of ADs doesn’t seem like HQ allocation.

If I look at my purchase history with omega over the last 5 years, this hq allocation on customer record doesn’t make sense.

Mtnmansa likes this.
  5. SoyuzPilot Mar 10, 2021

That's my understanding too - I received mine on March 1st from London. Distribution has been an iterative process for Omega as they elevate the brand - how to recognise customer loyalty and manage secondary market values is always challenging. No-one wants to repeat the fiasco of Ultraman.

Ferrari has been doing this for years as has been pointed out in this thread. They are well ahead in their customer 'management' journey, to the point where they now track every single vehicle and even have buy-back clauses on important vehicles. Ferrari have got to the point of producing specific one-off cars for some regular clients and literally just asking them to send the cash to take delivery. Tricky to game the system, but if you can afford to buy around 10 to 12 cars at $250k-$500k and hold them for a couple of years each (and keep one in every 3 or 4 for good) then it becomes very lucrative after that!!

Maybe that's why Omega puts the serial number on the lug now :cool:

I haven't read all of this thread so please accept my apologies if I'm repeating what others have said.

6. SoyuzPilot Mar 10, 2021

I can tell you 100% that HQ are involved in some allocations as I've interacted with them myself previously, but you're probably right in saying not all.

7. taz101 Mar 10, 2021

thats what my OB told me there is a VVIP list for the first 10 OB pieces that are already named on the actual watch delivery from HQ so cant be given to anyone but those recipients - only after that list does the OB manager get to decide who gets what from the store list/deposits etc

8. chadeaux Mar 10, 2021

Interesting, when I got mine activated I gave them my ID and they scanned it at the activation process.
    Also, once you get your watch you can actually log it under your account on the omega website to check the characteristics of the certification.
    So if you have done that in the past Omega definitely knows if you are a owner or not.
    No?

9. Dedalus05 Mar 11, 2021

I purchased an 300m SMPc today from my AD via Zoom. After I was happy with the price and closed the deal, I says "I'll just go get my bank card, but while I am doing that can I get a straight answer on something? Are you keeping a list for the 50th Anniversary Snoopy, and am I on it?" I'd emailed a couple of times before, but I'd never got a straight answer as to whether there was even a list.

He says, regular, local customers are being prioritized for the Snoopy. I am not sure how regular I am (I've bought maybe three watches over the last five years or so, but I am very local (five min walk)).

Anyway, he promised he'd put me on the list if I wasn't already on it. I don't mind waiting years. I don't mind being jumped in the queue by bigger spenders - if I am on a list somewhere I like my odds better than most, and can live with that.

Soulcreek and amiga500 like this.
  10. Cabinetman Mar 11, 2021

I believe you have the right attitude with regard to being on an AD list with no deposit. I recently got my white dial stainless Daytona after just over 4 years of waiting. I knew the wait would be long, but I wasn't willing to pay the secondary market price to speed up the process.

I think the issue for a lot of folks, me included, is the US OBs were quick to take our money yet slow to provide any solid information. When I placed my deposit last year, the OB manager thought I would get my watch in Q1 of 2021. When I spoke to her a couple of days ago it sounded like I will be lucky to get my watch this year. She really couldn't say because it all depends on HQ at the moment.

I am still excited about the watch. Enuogh time has passed that I don't really think about the money any longer. It will be fun to get the call and not have to think about the financial side of the equation. I just hope the call comes sooner rather than later.

Dedalus05 likes this.
  11. cknight24 Mar 11, 2021

What sort of deposit were they asking for for the Snoopy? I put $1k down for a $5250 Speedmaster they had to get from another OB.

12. Cabinetman Mar 11, 2021

The US OBs asked for payment in full, including taxes, to get a secured spot on the Snoopy list.

13. cknight24 Mar 11, 2021

Oof. I doubt they'd even let me on the list, but paying in full ahead of time is a rough prospect.

14. sgrenald Mar 11, 2021

Especially when it's going to be a year (or more) before you get your watch.

15. chadeaux Mar 11, 2021

In US it seems we didn't have many options, either deposit or out.
    I'm not sure if the practice of refunding the deposits while keeping you on the list is happening with some frequency in US.
    I'm leaving my deposit anyway, I don't want to take any risk of losing the watch!

16. Flysatchmo Mar 11, 2021

My OB is in the US northeast. I put down $5,000 the day it was announced. I received my Snoopy on Feb. 5th. I was number 4 according to them. I have been a longtime customer and have purchased 12 watches over the years. My very good friend who is also an enthusiast is on the list and also put down $5,000. He has purchased 2 watches from them and has been told he may not see his this year. Hope that helps a little .

17. cknight24 Mar 11, 2021

I'm also in the northeast. I purchased one watch and sent another for service. I don't really have $10k to spend on a watch but given the opportunity to buy a Snoopy, I think it would be a sound investment.

18. phooi Mar 11, 2021

thanks for that information. Not that it will change or help my situation but confirms that omega has now changed their initial plans with depositors.

19. phooi Mar 11, 2021

As a previous snoopy owner (my only Omega watch), I was offered an opportunity to put a deposit down in June. I was on a shortlist and my OB asked for $7k at the time. However, it looks like Omega/OB has completely abandoned their depositor list (as have been confirmed by folks here and elsewhere) and gone with an allocation model.

I plan on keeping my deposit there because I don’t trust omega to keep my position in line.

20. jayhawaii22 Mar 11, 2021

I made a couple purchases with my OB and just now (last week) asked to be put on the waiting list. Realistically how long you think it will take to get one? and do you think if i get closer they will eventually ask for a deposit ?