Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Evitzee Mar 9, 2021

My feeling is a firm, hard deposit puts you in a pretty strong position to get the item. Putting your name on a list w/o a deposit may work, or you may never get 'the call'. If you can afford to keep the deposit on the watch I'd stand pat.

petay993 and Pipes McGee like this.
  2. sgrossma Mar 9, 2021

I agree with this sentiment.
    Even a deposit is not a firm guarantee, but would make me feel more comfortable.
    Of course if the AD doesn’t deliver after refunding the deposit, you’ve probably lost a customer for life, but might not know it for 3 years....

3. sgrenald Mar 9, 2021

There are probably legal issues (or potential legal issues) if they hold onto your deposit for too long. Especially when they can't give you a firm delivery date. Sort of similar, I was supposed to go on a photography safari in Botswana last April. It was postponed until this April, but I'd already paid in full. Last month they announced that the trip was being postponed until April 2022, and they gave me the option to refund me all but my deposit. Which I did, and I'll pay the balance next Feb.

4. jayhawaii22 Mar 9, 2021

Shouldn't Omega just boost production and focus almost solely on this piece to keep up with demand? Especially if it is not a numbered limited release, they should pump them out so they can fulfill orders when the demand is hot. Soon the demand i think will wear down and people probably will take their names off the list. Just my opinion. I was late to the game and just added my name to the waiting list yesterday at a boutique so i am not expecting anything for maybe years haha :)

5. sgrenald Mar 9, 2021

You'd think they would. But that's the difference between a "regular" manufacturer and a luxury goods manufacturer. They could boost production by 50% even.

6. amiga500 Mar 9, 2021

I can guarantee that if these were readily available in every country, in every shop and you could walk in and buy one anytime, very few people would be interested. Same applies to a Rolex Daytona and most luxury items.

7. jayhawaii22 Mar 9, 2021

Yea but Omega operates differently--from what i see. They want people to be able to walk in and get what they want. And this is further proved by this specific watch being non-limited or numbered. So the only thing stopping them now is production. Maybe they will start to boost it though in the coming months and hopefully everyone who wants one will get one by the end of this year. fingers crossed.

8. scapa Mar 9, 2021

Was in not picking mine up today. Omega rep besieged by requests/ complaints. Speculation that 1-2 received in Canada to date. Quite a few cancellations now.

9. amiga500 Mar 10, 2021

They do want to move away from the LE model. I understand they want this to be their Daytona and they will control and massage supply to ensure they achieve this.

Edited Mar 10, 2021
    JesterP and taz101 like this.
  10. Bp1000 Mar 10, 2021

I’m very pleased for the picks ups but that’s the 7th or 8th snoopy delivered to London, reported on this forum and none have made it to Manchester or Birmingham.

Not good distribution within the uk.

11. chadeaux Mar 10, 2021

It seems they are also allocating the watch for the specific client.
    Do you know if your Snoopy was allocated to you by Omega HQ?

Congrats btw... stunning watch ;)

12. amiga500 Mar 10, 2021

Thanks. Yes that's correct. I was told the allocations are being made by Omega HQ based on past relationship and transactions with the group

13. chadeaux Mar 10, 2021

Thanks for confirming. This is what I heard from different people in Europe and US.
    But from what I understood is not strictly related to the transactions, apparently once the "relationship" is verified the timing of request/deposit is playing a role. Ultimately nobody really knows the criteria for the allocation.
    The only point that they are trying to make sure is that the client is not a flipper.
    So far I see about 10 on the secondary market, so it seems they are doing a good job on this side.

14. amiga500 Mar 10, 2021

It's interesting actually. The watch is currently only being made available to OB's at the moment so all those you see on the secondary market will have been allocated to 'validated' individuals and still ended up being flipped. Omega are looking at the ones on the secondary market and where they can identify the piece, they are absolutely taking those people off those validated lists.

15. chadeaux Mar 10, 2021

Yes, unfortunately at that point the watch was already allocated to a flipper. Of course the system is not perfect.
    I guess nobody knows how many have been allocated until now and what is the rate of flipping.
    It's inevitable that some will end up on the secondary market. Hopefully the rate will stay low. Real watch enthusiasts will not flip this watch.

16. JesterP Mar 10, 2021

Patience my friend we will get there. I’m pretty sure there have been a couple up north. Although Omegas main distribution centre im sure is in London so they all do go there and then get sent to different OB’s around the country. Sometimes when people post my watch has landed in London might not always mean that they live there. At least that’s what I’ve always thought.

17. nicolamilton Mar 10, 2021

I didn't have purchase history with OB, but a few with ADs (2, the rest second hand), and got it anyway.
    Can Omega HQ know my history with ADs?

18. amiga500 Mar 10, 2021

Good question. Do AD's register watches with the manufacturer when they sell watches. Not sure

nicolamilton likes this.
  19. chadeaux Mar 10, 2021

They do, otherwise how can they activate the warranty?

amiga500 likes this.
  20. Evitzee Mar 10, 2021

The warranty is activated when the warranty card is stamped and dated. Unless things have changed the retailer doesn't report the sale to Omega.

nicolamilton likes this.