Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. JesterP Mar 5, 2021

Congrats enjoy your lovely watch. Your so lucky. The picture looks great.

2. man winding Mar 5, 2021

Thank you! The dial has a life all of its own, it’s beautiful.

Are you waiting for one? If you are, hang in there it’s well worth it.

3. man winding Mar 5, 2021

I’m in the UK. I’m amazed anyone’s sending anything here anymore...

amiga500 likes this.
  4. KnoP Mar 5, 2021

I would love to have one too... on waiting list ;)

5. taz101 Mar 5, 2021

AD or OB? assume it was sent to your house as OBs are closed in the shop

6. Flysatchmo Mar 5, 2021

Congratulations! Wear it in good health!

man winding likes this.
  7. Boony Mar 6, 2021

either post or click and collect if they’re as flexible as my OB was

8. man winding Mar 6, 2021

I heard it hasn’t been released to ADs yet. All done through OB in London and sent out from them directly by courier. I’d have liked to pick it up in person but it was still a great experience.

taz101 likes this.
  9. Bp1000 Mar 6, 2021

Little bit disappointed that (based on forum reports) the 6 or 7 snoopy speedys that have come into the UK have all gone to Greater London.

Whilst good the UK has had these sent in, all to one region when there are other OBs is disappointing.

10. taz101 Mar 6, 2021

one doesn’t simply walk into Mordor and ask which OB you got it from

sgrenald and JesterP like this.
  11. taz101 Mar 6, 2021

The fact you have 2 posts and your name is 'snoopywaitlist' might have something to do with it

12. Flysatchmo Mar 6, 2021

So I preordered a Ford Bronco last month and have been struggling with color choices. I initially had decided on a silver finish but wasn’t sure. My wife was pushing me towards the color you see here, Velocity Blue. I made my decision today at the dealership and it just dawned on me that it’s very similar to Snoopy 50! Subconscious at work?
    I wasn’t even wearing Snoopy today. 9F59A4E5-53AF-4CA9-A098-33D06F8DC5A0.jpeg B602B8EE-74D0-4F99-B8B1-C8ED8ED27D6E.jpeg

13. SSGMT Mar 6, 2021

That color looks good, plus, it will go well with your Snoopy! :)

Flysatchmo likes this.
  14. Soulcreek Mar 6, 2021

I’m personally wary of giving out details of ADs/OBs I get my watches from because I don’t want people contacting them and pestering them.

amiga500 and scapa like this.
  15. Caliber561 Mar 6, 2021

Why would it matter, which OB he got the watch from? You're already on the waitlist, are you not?

Your username seems to indicate that you may have only joined the forum to get information solely about the Snoopy, which is probably why some are hesitant to aid you, as this is something somewhat characteristic of a flipper.

If you're really an Omega enthusiast, just don't take it personally and chalk it up to a the fact that a lot of members here have been burned by flippers or dealers treating Omega watches as high-return speculative investment. If you stick around, you'll probably understand why some tend to be fairly jaded.

amiga500 and Snoopywaitlist like this.
  16. Bp1000 Mar 7, 2021

Nobody is poncy here. As far as watch communities go this is one of the best. All you have to do is look in the WRUW thread to see the diversity, a lot are real enthusiasts / collectors.

People generally don’t give out OB / AD details because imagine if you said who supplied you or what discount you got, especially for a hard to get watch like the snoopy.

Others members who are waiting or buying would ring up and the OB would have to concoct some sort of diplomatic story to diffuse the situation as to why they haven’t got theirs yet.

amiga500, Caliber561, scapa and 2 others like this.
  17. jonney999 Mar 9, 2021

Update from my OB in NYC that I thought I'd share

They expect 10-12 watches this year - my position on the deposit list puts me considerably into 2022 (list ranking determined by purchase history etc. as has been extensively discussed here!). Disappointing, but at least I know.

What I was pleased about is that they've done the right thing and offered to refund the deposit but keep my place on the list. I've always thought that holding on to a full deposit for 18-24+ months is a really poor customer experience, so I was pleased to hear this & will be using the deposit to purchase a 2021 speedy sapphire (which will still need a wait of 2 months to receive!)

Sharing as I think that's the right thing to do. Still looking forward to getting my snoopy, but it's nice to get my hands on a watch this year and wierdly it kinda feels 'free'.

Congrats to all who received & hope this helps others.

JesterP, AK1, Newatch321 and 2 others like this.
  18. amiga500 Mar 9, 2021

Hey all. Delighted to see they are coming through. I got to collect mine from a London OB today. It's as good as I thought it would be...

[​IMG]20210309_134527 by ataripower, on Flickr

Vaipec, jaegodylan, JesterP and 12 others like this.
  19. fasttimes Mar 9, 2021

I was told the same thing at mine.

20. chadeaux Mar 9, 2021

thanks for sharing the news.
    Can you explain better the deal about the deposit, you will use it toward a new Speedy and get a refund for what is remaining? The new Speedy is less expensive than the Snoopy.
    Also, they guaranteed you will keep your spot but without deposit.
    So I’m wondering what is the meaning of the people that are waiting in the list of interest hoping to put a deposit and jump on the official list. I believe that this move From Omega doesn’t make much sense.
    But I guess if this is the new rule they will be refunding all the deposits.