Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 15, 2021

I would say the above is a good result and you should be happy to get contact from your local Boutique. Things are looking up I would say.. chill as it will take time.

Sounds like he was contacted by someone local and is on the list....

2. chadeaux Feb 15, 2021

Yep, on the “waiting list”, not on the “official list”...
    There are two lists going on.

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 15, 2021

How do you know this ?? How do yo know what list he’s on... You don’t do you....

This shit is getting old..... if your on a list your on a list. There may be two lists at your boutique but not every.

Let him be happy for being on a list, and getting a call from your boutique after sending a email to Omega has to mean something.

Eve, MTROIS, 8100_RPM and 2 others like this.
  4. chadeaux Feb 15, 2021

it depends where you are. In US the official list is closed, only the waiting list is open.
    I believe you know what I’m talking about ;)

5. andre24 Feb 16, 2021

Thanks all for the reply.
    I truly appreciate all the info that we can shared to each other.
    I honestly dont know how many kind of lists we have here in Indonesia, and i also dont know how long the wait is gonna be, but i know that omega did respond to their customer's needs and wants. Oh well it all comes back to my luck then now. Fingers crossed!

6. chadeaux Feb 16, 2021

Omega usually has a great service, I’m confident they will treat you well.
    Outside US there was no mandatory deposit in place for this reference.
    So, you are on the waiting list and that is a good start. At this point it could be just a matter of time and of course demand and offer in your area.
    Fingers crossed!!

7. andre24 Feb 17, 2021

Another question: What is the most likely happens with snoopy silver? are they gonna keep making it until one day they decided to stop it? what do you all think?

8. pdxleaf ... Feb 17, 2021

Yes, that's what they said, until everyone who wants one has one.

How will they know that everyone who wants one has one? When the price drops on the used market and new ones are sitting and there is no waiting list.

Could take several years but that would do it.

9. chadeaux Feb 17, 2021

here, from the Omega CEO (I marked a couple of key words):
    “Every year we will make the number of watches that we are capable of. I’m sure that there will be a surplus of demand, but we will make more each year, and eventually, the people who dream to own the watch can make this a reality.

I think this is very important, because otherwise, with limited editions, sometimes people get upset because they feel left out. We are Omega, we don’t like to exclude people as some others do. We want those who dream about it to be able to get it eventually. This will be a model we will continue to make, but never in huge quantities and without any time limitation. It will be a limited production every year.

We already know it will be a very popular watch, and so, we will make precisely the quantities that we had planned, which will not be a lot. This also allows us to closely monitor the sale of each watch, so that we can do our best to ensure each Snoopy ends up in the hands of a true collector and not a reseller.”

10. Hoddspur Feb 17, 2021

Well Mr Aeschlimann, your plan of not liking to “exclude people as some others do (nice pop at you-know-who there!) and “to ensure each Snoopy ends up in the hands of a true collector and not a reseller” doesn’t appear to be working (if Chrono24 is anything to go by), does it?

In order to address any confusion, frustration and misunderstandings that have arisen, it would be helpful it you if could please come on here and offer your thoughts about what exactly is happening here together with your short, mid and longer term policy for this watch.

Many thanks.

odanrot likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 17, 2021

A) Good and well people that bought one can get their brother and sister to buy one. So you can’t stop that. But you can’t buy 3
    Flippers are going to flip and even non flippers will think about it for double what they paid. The worlds a greedy place ;)

B) short mid and long is they are making them and delivering to the people that probably put in first. The world is a big place ;)

Hoddspur likes this.
  12. Hoddspur Feb 17, 2021

Bah! And there’s me thinking Omega HQ would have gone to DEFCON 2 because of my strongly worded request - cunningly disguised as a whinge...:(

Nice watch though :)

13. petay993 Feb 17, 2021

When all the optimists on here a few months back were confidently stating "everyone who wants one will get one"
    I don't think they meant by paying $25,000:mad:

14. sgrenald Feb 17, 2021

My first thought was that these are two contradictory statements. But then I realized what he must be saying is that if the hypothetical collector demand is, say 20,000, and they are only making 2000-3000 (or whatever the number is) each year, they'll do it for the next 7-10 years. And, as suggested above, when the current wait lists are filled, the price on Chrono24 sinks below $12,000, and the dealers orders drop below some predetermined level, they'll stop making them.

15. sgrossma Feb 17, 2021

You guys need to consider the timing of that statement. They did not say this recently. They said that shortly after the initial release, well before the level and interest of today had become known. They have since made additional statements that the watch already has a 5 year waitlist, based on initial demand only. Hypothetically, If you were even able to order one today, you are looking at 5+ years. But I highly doubt production will continue into the 55th anniversary.

Since there seem to be a lot of new joiners to this thread and it is now 166 pages long, I will post this article again, which appears to already be2 months old:
    https://www.esquire.com/uk/watches/a35052522/snoopy-watches/

E-wotch, red crowned and taz101 like this.
  16. chadeaux Feb 17, 2021

I believe the general direction is still the same.
    They will produce a low number. We don't know for how long, hypothetically up to the 55th is the general consensus.
    They will monitor in order to have a high demand and fairly low offer.
    The key word was and still is "eventually".
    Eventually means after waiting a long time, and with struggle... and it's not the same as saying if you want one you will get one, like many people were saying few months ago..
    This was planned to be hard to get, and this is how is gonna be.

Eventually you can get a white face Daytona at MRSP.
    Eventually you can get a sub LV at MRSP.
    Eventually you can get a 5712 at MRPS.

Eventually... right :)

17. taz101 Feb 17, 2021

eventually b*llshit it's all to drive hype imo and it's worked wonderfully

18. pdxleaf ... Feb 17, 2021

Perhaps, perhaps not. A similar question is will people still be on the list or will they move on to the next LE? How much do they really like the watch?

A major appeal of a watch is what the brand stands for. You are walking around with it on your wrist. I still believe Omega will produce Snoopys as long as there is a list.

I suspect this thread will last longer than the list though.

19. chadeaux Feb 17, 2021

Lol... well, of course. It's working like a charm!
    Good for Omega, and good for who is getting the watch. With this change in direction the reference is at least holding value, instead of losing 20% after you leave the boutique.
    I see it as a win/win situation for Omega and the Omega enthusiasts.

20. rhr321 Feb 17, 2021

Yep, and the people that have supported the brand for years, love and wear Speedmasters regardless of whether they lose 30% value after leaving the boutique will get their snoopy , I see it as a good thing if it elevates Omega.