Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. stevec14 Feb 12, 2021

Some of them will wait too if the demand is as some say it is. Will depend on your location and the demand there

you could have got your deposit in then and be quite a way down the list.

2. nicolamilton Feb 12, 2021

For those, I understand frustration.
    For others trying to get one now after realising of the hype (because they weren't sure about not limited edition or they were waiting for discounts after first releases), not.

3. sgrenald Feb 12, 2021

Or maybe they didn't have the money in October, but had it in December or January.

4. nicolamilton Feb 12, 2021

If someone didn't have the money in October, neither should they buy it now.

5. griffith_500 Feb 12, 2021

Without being disrespectful I don't think it's up to you to decide how people should spend their money. Live and let live.

rafabond likes this.
  6. nicolamilton Feb 12, 2021

I'm not deciding, I'm giving my opinion.

nwpan likes this.
  7. sgrenald Feb 12, 2021

Uh...I hate to point this out to you, but there are some people who didn't have the money in October, but have the money now. Or will have the money in March or April.

8. nicolamilton Feb 12, 2021

Ok maybe, what I really mean is that someone can regret not having pulling the trigger at the moment, but at least there was a choice and they shouldn't feel frustrated now if they were in doubt about placing an order, in my opinion.

Edited Feb 12, 2021
  9. sgrenald Feb 12, 2021

I agree. FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) is a big motivator for me, and has resulting in many mistakes and many successes. I chose to not buy a Speedmaster 10 years ago because there was no "urgency." I know that they'll be making Speedys as long as they continue to make watches. So there was always some new watch with a narrow "purchasing window." With the benefit of hindsight, I should have gotten a 3570.50 back then and skipped the Tourneau TNY Chronograph. The TNY is a really nice watch, IMHO, but it cost about the same as a used moon watch when I got it, and now can be had for $600.

However, I'm a good example here regarding ordering a Snoopy. If the watch came out a year ago, I'd gaze at it wistfully (like I did the 2015 model) because it was out of my price range. I was laid off due to COVID last year, so in October, I wouldn't have even gazed at it wistfully. I would have just grunted and moved on. Also, the closest OB is about a five hour drive. NOW, though, I'm starting a new job, making more money. So realistically, I shouldn't be thinking about a 2020 Snoopy for at least another six months. But if an OB called me and said "We have an extra, and it's $10,000 including tax and shipping." I'd whip out my credit card so fast that I'd fracture my wrist. That wouldn't have happened any time in the last few years, for me. And if they do, in fact, keep manufacturing them for years, as long as people keep ordering them, I'll probably get one. Although if they jump the price $5000 in 2023, I won't...

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 12.36.24 PM.png
    rohnin and nicolamilton like this.
  10. texasmade Feb 12, 2021

That's the way life goes. I wanted a white Patek 5711 and those were readily available in 2015. I didn't have the money then. By the time I made enough to afford one at MSRP, I was SOL because the hype was too much. I missed out on a bunch of watches I wanted back in the day that I couldn't afford then but can now.

rohnin, Omega-Q and nicolamilton like this.
  11. sgrenald Feb 12, 2021

I got into watches in late 2009 (ironically by walking into the Omega Boutique on 5th Avenue) and there are a few "expensive" watches that I was eyeing that I didn't pull the trigger on back then, like the 2003 Snoopy and the Alaska Project. Both were around $5000-6000 at the time. So unless the price collapses :p I will probably never buy one. Even if I was looking for something in that price range. Speaking of which, one my grail watches is the Nardin Le Freak, and you can get a "Freak Out" for less than any Snoopy on Chrono24 right now. :whistling:

12. Om3ga321 Feb 12, 2021

Mine arrived last Sunday.
    Been wearing all week and the strap has softened up nicely.
    It will not be getting a bracelet.
    Looks great the way it left Omega.

Snoopy.jpg

Eve, rohnin, E-wotch and 24 others like this.
  13. Stereo Feb 13, 2021

14. Stereo Feb 13, 2021

Has anybody in the UK received a snoopy yet

15. taz101 Feb 13, 2021

074F7439-80C0-48B9-8183-C5EAD30D864E.jpeg D20F3247-AAD9-4944-ACAD-7F4E1291C97B.jpeg
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 13, 2021

17. Smspectre Feb 13, 2021

My motto is. There’s never a bad time to take a profit.

cvalue13 likes this.
  18. sgrenald Feb 13, 2021

Years ago I bought some stuff from the US Mint that I flipped. Then I made the mistake of buying some stuff that I thought would be "hot," and held onto it for too long...

And, I'm sure those Snoopy flippers are all kicking themselves

19. andre24 Feb 15, 2021

I actually did emailed the omega through their email at the website. Surprisingly, they did noticed and tried their best to accomodate my email. A day or two after they replied me, my local OB called me, saying that the principal asked them to contact me. After they "write" my name on what they called "waiting list", i have not hear anything again. I mean, how do i know if they really put my name there? How do i know if the list is even exist?

20. chadeaux Feb 15, 2021

The “waiting list” exist. It’s something they are doing to organize customers that might jump on the “official” list, when they will reopen it.
    Being on the waiting list doesn’t guarantee you a watch, and doesn’t mean you will be transferred to the official waiting list.
    You should try to have a sale associate name that can work with you. If you have history with Omega, that helps in making your case.