Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. scapa Jan 29, 2021

Just in from my AD (Canada):

I spoke with OMEGA yesterday and they have informed me not to expect the Snoopy Award watch you ordered until al least the fall of this year. Sorry for unfortunate news. There is huge demand for this watch right now. If you wish to cancel your order or switch your Snoopy deposit to another model we will do out best to accommodate you.

So now looking at Q3 or Q4 2021. Or later. I expect that such delays are likely to be the norm for ADs, here at least. This is a high-volume Omega dealer, with a substantial allocation of LEs. According to him their Snoopy list has been closed since October, and was massively over-subscribed for just under two-dozen allocated pieces.

Definitely a bit of a "should I stay or should I go" moment.

Edited Jan 29, 2021
  2. texasmade Jan 29, 2021

Is it free to list on Chrono 24? If so I'll list mine whenever I get it for $100,000,000. I hope I get a taker!

3. rhr321 Jan 29, 2021

How much of a deposit did they require?

4. scapa Jan 29, 2021

20%. Money isn't a deal-breaker, more so the likelihood of receiving the same email in 9 months' time.

5. rhr321 Jan 29, 2021

I get it. The uncertainty and/or slipping estimate is more frustrating than the actual wait. For 20%, I'd stay in.

sgrenald likes this.
  6. petay993 Jan 29, 2021

I have just ordered a Zenith Chronomaster Sport to tide me over

20% deposit with UK OB since October with an original ETA of 28/2/2021

7. scapa Jan 29, 2021

That seems like a wise plan.

Another AD I've been dealing with for an IWC also mentioned that Omega has been reducing dealer margins on some models, including LEs and selected new releases. Another data point maybe to suggest that the good old days of substantial discounts on Omegas may have passed -- at least on in-demand pieces.

Anyway, congrats to those of you with Snoopy in hand or on within sight.

8. Haddock Jan 29, 2021

Hi,
    Brand new on this forum (first post!)
    Just received today information from my AD (France) first delivery for them is postponed to 2023! They received the visit of the OMEGA sales guy that told them all first batches is for OB's only.
    I'm #1 on my AD list I made a deposit of 15%. AD said I can refund if you wish but I said no keep it as I WANT THIS WATCH
    When I made the deposit the day of the annoncement AD said delivery probably Q2/2021 now it move to 2023....too bad.

9. Capt Cave Man Jan 29, 2021

The more I read of late, the more I'm expecting a similar call from my AD :thumbsdown:

I'm apparently #1 on their list and paid a deposit on 6th Oct, I was told the watch should be delivered towards the end of Q1... I'm located in the UK.

My deposit isn't an issue, I'm willing to wait but if there is a delay, I'll certainly let them know I'm disappointed.

10. petay993 Jan 29, 2021

It is turning in to a bit of a car crash this isn't it, I mean where are all the watches, it has been an absolute trickle so far based on forum feedback which is admittedly not the real world but nevertheless a good indicator.

Meantime the watches are popping up in the usual places for insane money.

11. Hany_AE Jan 29, 2021

I was at my AD (Western Canada) as well last week and I was informed that it would be another 6 to 8 months wait, which brings us close to the timeline given to you SCAPA.

Funny how things go, since I was also offered to put in a deposit for the Zenith Chronomaster Sport to hep me wait, but I decided to hold off for that one as I am hoping that after the frenzy cools down a little I can have it at a discount.

12. scapa Jan 29, 2021

Welcome to the wait!

That Zenith is a beauty. Not really a fan of white dials but the Chrono Sport is one of the nicest out there. It's a pretty sweet same-price alternative to the Snoopy, should it come to that.

13. stevec14 Jan 29, 2021

Or about 20% less when you factor in that once AD’s open again you should be able to get that.

Either way, it’s a good looking one. I saw a few live pics and might even prefer the black....

scapa likes this.
  14. petay993 Jan 29, 2021

I ordered the black, the gloss dial and the way the sub dials sit within it won the day.

scapa likes this.
  15. stevec14 Jan 29, 2021

Similar for me - looks like it pops a little more. Can’t wait to see in the flesh.

16. scapa Jan 29, 2021

Nice. Haven't seen the black in person but a colleague has the white dial on order, not sure about an ETA.

Plenty of interesting alternatives. Since it was meant to be an anniversary gift, we've decided to wait it out until October, then throw in the towel if it isn't in sight by then.

17. Cabinetman Jan 29, 2021

I'm approximately number 15 of 30 fully paid for Snoopys at a US OB, and they have yet to deliver a single piece. I don't know my exact number because the OBs are using purchase history to allocate. Mine is pretty small (less than $10k) with this OB. I was told that half of the pre-paid orders have no history which is where I came up with number 15.

Unless Omega starts sending out large shipments to the OBs it looks like I will be waiting a while on mine as well.

18. petay993 Jan 29, 2021

Will post a review and pics to help kill the Snoopy waiting time. God knows we need some entertainment,

Traditionally Zeniths depreciate fast and discounts can be deep, I know as I have benefitted; I am not quite so sure on this release though, something about it seems to have created waves! All hail the Zentona::facepalm2::

19. stevec14 Jan 29, 2021

Yes, I can imagine no discounts and supply being a bit low for a while. It’s great to see other brands releasing some good stuff.

20. chadeaux Jan 29, 2021

Anybody got in touch with the OB recently?
    Omega HQ should release the estimate of deliveries for 2021 soon. So at least we could understand if there are any chances of getting the watch this year.