Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. WatchNurse Aug 1, 2020

I hope lol. I really hate that, but I understand why they would do that. It's just frustrating to those who just want a watch and actually wear it versus safe queens.

2. Martin_J_N Aug 1, 2020

Not been asked for any deposit for the 321 that I have ordered, the OB has spoken to me about the watch and I am getting one, just not sure when. Maybe I will be asked for a deposit once the watch is actually allocated to me but for now no deposit.

WatchNurse likes this.
  3. david5807 Aug 1, 2020

I'm feel the same, and they do charge your credit card immediately for the deposit cost.

WatchNurse likes this.
  4. texasmade Aug 1, 2020

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this go for like $33-$35k. That’s what they’re being listed for on chrono24 before the 7.5% tax that just got implemented yesterday.

5. WatchNurse Aug 1, 2020

Jeez.... ruins it for us all that want to own one lol.

texasmade likes this.
  6. phooi Aug 4, 2020

Not sure if you’re going through an AD or OB...

As mentioned before, my OB required a $7k refundable deposit. That meant my credit card was charge and I’m paying that bill. If I were you, just call and get all the info you so you can decide. If you’re set on this watch and you have the means, $5k isn’t too bad for 2 months.

Good luck!

7. phooi Aug 4, 2020

I wouldn’t call my 2015 snoopy box small. It’s bigger than any Rolex or Tudor box I own.

8. phooi Aug 4, 2020

Sorry to say, but that watch was ruined pretty the day it reached people’s hands. I remember within weeks of picking up the watch it was already $15k. I have not seen the price of that watch decrease since.

WatchNurse likes this.
  9. WatchNurse Aug 4, 2020

I'm going through an OB, as I've heard there's a better chance at obtaining one through them versus an AD. I spoke to the manager yesterday regarding the process and he patiently explained it. He said so far there are only 2 people who have posted up a $5k deposit because no matter what the watch looks like, they want one. He said that despite not having a deposit, that I still have a good chance at obtaining a piece. I told him the closer we get to October and more info comes to light/the reveal, would determine whether I'd be in or not. It seems like I'm not the only one.

10. abrod520 Aug 4, 2020

Yep with the rumored 7000 units, I think I'm going to wait to see it (and what the package w/extras is) before going in on it. Should be interesting.

WatchNurse likes this.
  11. WatchNurse Aug 4, 2020

Yeah, I've heard both rumors 7000 units and limited release, like the Ed White. I suppose time will tell. ;)

12. phooi Aug 4, 2020

I still hope for an LE vs limited release but who knows.

I guess with 7k units, waiting might be ok. I’d make sure you check in regularly to see if their procedures hasn’t change. You might want to let the OB know to contact you if they change their wait to a deposit. That’s what happened to me. I received an email on 6/5 to be on a waitlist. I had to put a deposit down on 6/26 to keep my spot.

WatchNurse likes this.
  13. WatchNurse Aug 4, 2020

I wouldn't mind either, as I'm more interested in the watch itself than all the hype surrounding it. Sadly, flippers are ruining the fun for us. You're absolutely right- I plan on checking in with them every few weeks just to make sure it doesn't change. He did say as soon as he knows more, he would let me know. I'll keep you all posted.

14. Capt Cave Man Aug 4, 2020

Thanks @WatchNurse, will do the same as I'm keeping in regular contact with a couple of local ADs.

Edit: Agree with your comments in hoping it will be a larger number of pieces limited edition or production release so us mortals have a chance of acquiring one.

WatchNurse likes this.
  15. YY77 Aug 5, 2020

WatchNurse likes this.
  16. texasmade Aug 5, 2020

Still cheaper than Chrono 24!

17. YY77 Aug 5, 2020

Well this one actually sold for this amount, are the ones your referring to on C24 asking prices or the sold ones?

18. texasmade Aug 5, 2020

Asking price plus their new 7.25% tax or whatever the amount is.

19. phooi Aug 5, 2020

If you add all of the above, it’s going to close to $50k! That’s bonkers on a watch originally listed at $7k.

20. asrnj77 Aug 5, 2020

Perhaps it was Omega themselves hoping to stir up a frenzy before the new release. The watch world now is filled with people trying to mimic the stock market. Everybody wants to buy something that will leap in value. Rolex could announce a new model with no pictures or descriptions and people would lose their minds trying to buy it sight unseen. Omega doesn’t have much of that, but the Snoopy watches have been successful for people and the idea that stores want a 5k deposit for a watch that nobody has seen, is evidence of this. I guess the real litmus test is if you buy this new watch and it’s worth 10% less after one year, would you still like it?

Pun and WatchNurse like this.