Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. midimanwatch Nov 7, 2020

I was telling all the people on here that the reliable OBs were telling people that the watch would probably not be seen until late October and early November due to supply chain issues and that was even before a second lockdown was imposed on England.

I also told the depositors that their deposit means nothing and the OBs were not asking for them due to issues of not being able to meet the demand and timelines of the watch.

And while this watch had not been released as a limited edition, it could become limited in other ways, especially due to the time that it is being released in.

I wouldn't expect most people to see one for a while now unless Omega have already made a large batch of them already?

2. Csradawg Nov 7, 2020

New to the forum but a member of the Omega family for over 7 years. I live in State of Georgia. I am #2 on list at the OB I deal with. They told me early next year is when to expect delivery.

3. wlchuccc Nov 7, 2020

I am so sorry to hear that. The snoopy that you viewed was a prototype but with the actual movement. The lug on the back engraved "not for sale". I have played with it as well. Still Omega can confirm me the date of delivery. Be patience!

IMG_3761.jpg
    Vaipec likes this.
  4. Vaipec Nov 7, 2020

The blue is a bit darker that I was expecting but I really liked, its not flashy. The back I´m not so sure. I like it, its unique, but I still prefer a movement when is worth it, and the 3861 is beautiful. My wife loved it (obviously, she's a Snoopy fan) and she's not into watches so it was an easy sell with her.

The strap was ok, looks a bit cheep, I would prefer on a bracelet. I will use with some aftermarket leather strap or the moon watch bracelet.

On the good side, I guess I'll have the first Snoopy available on the AD even though if the first batch is too limited, the OB will grab them all and my relationship is with the AD, not with the OB.

Yes, this model had the "not for sale" on the back lug.

My wife will use it as well IMG-9425.jpg

My skinny wrist
    IMG-9419.jpg

Edited Nov 7, 2020
  5. stevec14 Nov 7, 2020

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. The more I see it, the more I like this watch and can see me picking one up.

6. texasmade Nov 7, 2020

Sounds like your wife is getting a new Snoopy watch. I hope she enjoys it.

Twocats, RMA, Vaipec and 1 other person like this.
  7. Evitzee Nov 7, 2020

I thought it sounded too good to be true. Shame on the AD calling you yesterday telling you you would be taking Snoopy home with you. Seems he got carried away, too. He owes you one.

That blue looks very similar to the CK2998 blue Panda color, a nice shade.

Vaipec likes this.
  8. Lbennett Nov 7, 2020

Sounds like you handled it in a positive manner! That’s all you can do sometimes. Congrats on THAT!

Vaipec likes this.
  9. Martin_J_N Nov 7, 2020

Nice to see Snoopy on someone's wrist, congratulations

Vaipec likes this.
  10. griffith_500 Nov 7, 2020

Sorry to hear that this wasn‘t working out for you yet...

One question: Did the strap fit you and your wife? I have a small wrist as well and it would be interesting to hear about your experience.

Thanks!

Vaipec likes this.
  11. Vaipec Nov 7, 2020

I did fit on my wife wrist although not perfectly tight, she could get away with half a hole tighter, but she normally uses watches like that.

On mine was perfect, I have a skinny wrist as well. Many straps are a bit loose on my wrist, not this one.

griffith_500 likes this.
  12. Vaipec Nov 7, 2020

Yes, I was very disappointed, but I was also feeling it was too good to be truth. I even comment with the AD on Friday, that it was very strange that no one here was getting the Snoopy here. Anyway at least I get to have the same good anticipation feeling twice.

Aludic and Newatch321 like this.
  13. phooi Nov 8, 2020

sorry for the disappointment. Maybe you can ask for a 321 in consolation!

Would you say that the blue in these pics is accurate to what it looked like in the metal? Thanks!

14. PhilF Nov 8, 2020

My AD advises that he may have one for me "in about 6 months ", anyway, unwilling to read the whole thread, but have a question: Does the 3861 movement "hack" ? Seeing as it's METAS Certified, I'm presuming it does, but would like to know for sure.

15. YY77 Nov 8, 2020

Yes.

PhilF likes this.
  16. phooi Nov 8, 2020

I was going to reach to my OB to check on status but I guess I will reset my expectations that the watches are arriving soon. Can’t wait to hear about a real delivery so we can calibrate our expectations!

17. Vaipec Nov 8, 2020

Yes definitely it looked like that in the metal and less like in the Omega official videos. It could be the light as I didn't see with natural light.

I could live with the 321 hehe. Actually I'm on the list as well for the Ed White, but the list is much bigger and I'm nearer the back than the top.

18. Pazzo Nov 8, 2020

Am I alone who prefers the 321 Ed White to the 50th Snoopy?
    Sorry as this might not be the appropriate thread for this question.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  19. Pun Nov 8, 2020

I am also there, vacillating between these two...

Dedalus05 and Pazzo like this.
  20. ToyotaMoe Nov 8, 2020

Sorry for asking, but what is your wrist size? I don’t have big wrist and I took a risk putting a deposit on this watch. I do have a Rolex 41mm DateJust and 41mm Oyster Perpetual and those fit me perfectly.