Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. jw0n Nov 5, 2020

Were you told that delivery would be in the next 2 weeks?

2. slwoodster Nov 5, 2020

It's true, Omega has intentionally improved all unboxing experiences for their watches. The omega special edition, limited edition experiences are all pretty special, even the moonwatch nowadays comes with a box and straps. This aspect is so much better than Rolex. Rolex has the special boxes for platinums, pearl masters, but still nothing like omega's attention to packaging details. Granted, Rolex almost never puts out "limited edition" watches it's just that their stuff is limited in production compared to demand.

nahckered, Caliber561 and speedypants like this.
  3. texasmade Nov 6, 2020

https://www.revolution.watch/in-conversation-with-raynald-aeschlimann-ceo-omega-watches/

Interview with the CEO of Omega. Most interesting part to me was when asked why this isn't a LE.

"It’s funny. I read on the Omega forums that they were complaining that the watch should be limited, and I was thinking, “Thank you, guys. You were complaining five years ago that we should stop with the limited edition, especially because not enough people can get the watches.'”

Apparently the CEO of Omega reads the forums.

4. YHY Nov 6, 2020

yup

5. Evitzee Nov 6, 2020

More likely a few of his minions monitor the site.

6. pdxleaf ... Nov 6, 2020

Unfortunately, he must have read selectively. Perhaps I misread this myself, but my impression was that the majority of people were pleased that it wasn't an LE.

Pun and softwareurchin like this.
  7. texasmade Nov 6, 2020

He also mentions new Moon Watch next year which we all pretty much knew was going to happen towards the end of the article.

HeyBigGuy likes this.
  8. AK1 Nov 6, 2020

I heard some bad news from my OB yesterday in Delhi, India.

13 to 28% price revision on November 15th ! Anyway the snoopy was a little higher priced than the rest of the world. 10,850USD including taxes. It might become out of reach.

Oh well, more availability for people abroad I guess.

9. Bp1000 Nov 6, 2020

Given that Raynald, the CEO of omega is happy to spend time and do interviews with very prominent online publications and youtubers im pretty sure he himself would read these forums, not any minions as you mentioned.

If I was CEO I would certainly be reading them fairly regularly. It’s a very concentrated feedback loop, the kind you pay good money for in customer surveys.

hb8745 likes this.
  10. jw0n Nov 6, 2020

Interesting, looks like potentially one of the earliest to get the new Snoopy, anywhere in the world. Do keep us posted as you get more info!

11. notchrishansen Nov 6, 2020

Hm, I didn't hear anything from my U.S. OB... and last I checked we were first to the moon.

12. Evitzee Nov 6, 2020

And Snoopy was definitely an American dog.

13. texasmade Nov 6, 2020

It's obvious Omega doesn't want to deliver blue dial watches while the election is going on.

14. Vaipec Nov 6, 2020

Good morning, couldn't sleep, in a few hours I'm going to pick up my snoopy! I will post photos. Apparently here in Portugal they are considering this a pretty special event hosted in the OB.

Edited Nov 6, 2020
  15. EricCsN Nov 7, 2020

you make one heck of a grandstand appearance with your first notes. all eyes are on your snoopy

16. Vaipec Nov 7, 2020

I didn't post before because I didn't have nothing worthly to post before. I'm aware this will probably be one of the most important moments of my watch collector life. Why me? why Portugal? I'm just enjoying enough and aware of my luck for this time.

E-wotch, EricCsN and Dedalus05 like this.
  17. AK1 Nov 7, 2020

Who would have thought Portugal !!??

It must have a significance to Omega or Raynald given the snoopy is so close to their hearts.

All eyes on you and your wrist :cool:

18. midimanwatch Nov 7, 2020

It's because they believe any old BS and maybe they think that is is working in their favour by telling others to hold off.

My philosophy is get one while you can and don't take that change.

19. Vaipec Nov 7, 2020

Bad news, It was a miss understand between my AD and OB. They have the Snoopy, but not for sell. It was a BIG disappointment for me and for the AD, mainly for me. As I entered the OB, my AD call me on the side and told me the meeting was to see and try it but not for sell.

The worst is that the AD call me yesterday confirming that I would be able to purchase it and that we would meet Saturday morning at 10 at OB.

At least I could try it on and took some photos. And my wife tried it as well so I have her approval.

They also confirm that they didn't have a date for delivery, maybe before Christmas.

I'm so sorry about everything. If you have any questions about it, as I saw it in metal, please let me know.
    IMG-20201107-WA0009.jpg IMG-20201107-WA0006.jpg IMG-20201107-WA0007.jpg IMG-20201107-WA0006.jpg

Edited Nov 7, 2020
  20. Soulcreek Nov 7, 2020

I like the blue in these shots! I’m so sorry for you, that must be a gut punch. I reckon the AD owes you one so at least you’ll get it when they start shipping properly. Ps, love Portugal, beautiful country.

ps, how did the case back look in person? Cool or gimmicky?

Vaipec likes this.