Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. kelsey Jul 29, 2020

White side of the moon ceramic Snoopy now that could work :)

2. SurvivingJoe Jul 29, 2020

I guess the price will increase to 10K or more by looking at the price of Apollo VI 50th LE. I just called my OB and was told no way to deposit now and have to waiting for the call to place order and wait again...
    Hope Omega don't fail me by poor design.

WatchNurse likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 29, 2020

Same price as the Apollo 11 and same amount released.

The box is going to stay. If they used it for the Apollo 11 and the 321 it’s here to stay.

Fratello ST3 will be a unique item instead of a box.

Fresh design ? It’s a Speedmaster :whistling:

4. Vale21 Jul 29, 2020

The design doesn’t mean only the case, but the watch in all aspects. I wasn’t clear probably ...

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 29, 2020

So what design do you want ?

A black dial with a silver Snoopy Similar to Buzz is my prediction. As stated a page ago. Happy to hear yours or what design you want.

Pun likes this.
  6. Vale21 Jul 29, 2020

What I want, i hope it is what they will give us

Silver snoopy is also what I could expect.

A special counter at 3 with the 14sec mark

And of course a nice case back for the 50th anniversary.

7. Capt Cave Man Jul 29, 2020

Obviously guessing but...
    * Can't see it being anything other than a Speedy
    * LE of 6,970 pieces, Omega have virtually sold in & out 6,969 pieces for the Apollo 11 50th, I can easily see a similar number being sold. As previously mentioned there maybe issues around ©Snoopy so I don't see it a like the Apollo 8 DSoTM
    * cal 3861 seems obvious. I've heard rumors of it being a 321 but can't see Omega competing against it's own limited production piece
    * SS and White Gold... a further LE in PM like the Apollo 11 Moonshine Gold? This tends to be for Apollo 11, unsure if they will create similar for a Snoopy but it is the 50th?
    * approx. £7k / €8k / $10k, priced similar to the Apollo 11 50th LE... although I suspect the August/September hike of ~6.6% may come into play here to justify an increase

Won't risk commenting on design or packaging as I'm sure to be way off... did someone say white/silver? :whistling:

::popcorn::

8. gostang9 Jul 29, 2020

They won't, would be impossible. As a seller of Veblen goods, restricting supply and raising prices is mandatory to maintain/improve their position and status as a luxury goods retailer. Is what it is...

Pun likes this.
  9. Evitzee Jul 29, 2020

There would be no serious issues around the Snoopy copyright if Omega wants to make this a standard item, albeit it a limited number per year like the Apollo 8. If a small company like Gerald Genta could figure out the licensing aspect for the use of various Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Pluto, etc) on his watches over many years Omega could certainly figure it out too for the use of one figure, Snoopy.

10. softwareurchin Jul 29, 2020

It makes me imagine a watch identical to A11 50th except Snoopy's butt on 9.

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 29, 2020

I predict a panda dial, enameled caseback w/ Snoopy, and if you shine a UV light on one of the subregisters there will be an image of dog poop.

TJH, WatchNurse and SpikiSpikester like this.
  12. WatchNurse Jul 29, 2020

Take my 10k!!! :D

13. Sterling Archer Jul 29, 2020

If it's a nice design, and priced accordingly, it'll sell out quite quickly. As far as I'm aware, it seems like it is sold out already with all the people calling the ADs/Boutiques inquiring about the piece.

I haven't heard a single story of anyone calling an AD recently and being told there is no one on the list. From what I gather on my watch groups, the watch is already spoken for at all the ADs members are a part of. Omega would love to release a watch and have it completely unavailable everywhere and have their dealer networks be spammed a la Rolex. This selling over list and being a crazy hot release elevates Omega. Sucks for many fans who will miss out as everyone's Chrono24 will have plenty in stock.

Never got a call from my AD to confirm deposit. Owner told me he would speak to me later. Not holding my breath, I could very well be booted off the list. Told him already, if there are already several people ahead of me there really is no point but I'll keep people updated. Would rather be told I'm not getting it, then have my deposit taken and then not get one.

On the subject of pricing, it's always an art form. This watch could be priced at $8k and sell out in an instant and then sell for $12k with people fighting to get one. On the other hand, it could be priced for $12k initially and be a slow mover and then sell for less than retail even though it is the exact same watch. This is the lunacy of pricing. Rolex understands this.

Unfortunately, make no qualms about it that the demand for this watch is sky high because of the prices the previous model is selling for. Not hard to fill up a list when 1000s of people believe that they can't lose on the purchase and could very well make a gain. It's not about the watch at that point but the $. This is the state of the industry. It wasn't like this when the previous Snoopy launched :/.

14. EricCsN Jul 29, 2020

From my experience (with A11 50A), majority will go to OB. AD get pitiful and these will go to their regulars and VIP customers.

15. Sterling Archer Jul 29, 2020

Once I have an update from my AD, if bad news, I'll call my local Omega boutique just to ask. The boutique is a very wealthy area and while I think the guys at my local boutique are stellar, I'm expecting a response that there are tons of people putting their names down. Now, if Omega just allocates based on deposits that will not matter but from what I'm told that's not exactly how it works. They like to distribute their product across the board and don't just fill based on demand. Thus, a lot harder to get a watch in a wealthier area as opposed to small market.

But you are absolutely right that Omega favors their boutiques and for good reason. No need to share the profit lol. The NTTD watch was going to take about 3 months to get based on my AD's supply chain and the local boutique told me 1-2 weeks with a deposit. Of course my AD offers a decent discount and the boutique would laugh if I asked so it's give and take. Not even going to broach the subject of discount with the Snoopy, I know it'll be 0 either AD or Boutique but I don't have to pay tax at AD which is a huge bonus.

Edited Jul 29, 2020
  16. EricCsN Jul 29, 2020

dont wait, go concurrent and place a call with OB. When I booked in April with my OB, i wasn't the first one on their list. All the ADs rejected me; I have been honestly told at one AD, the AD owner chooses the customer (ie their regulars), and they take priority over your pecking order in the queue.

Edited Jul 29, 2020
    WatchNurse and Sterling Archer like this.
  17. Sterling Archer Jul 29, 2020

I'll call them tomorrow just to ask. I'm almost certain they will ask for a deposit. Don't want to commit a deposit, until my AD tells me no. I don't think putting my name down will mean anything. Good advice, although they may be closed due to COVID, worth a shot.

18. EricCsN Jul 29, 2020

Although no news to date since (total silence), yet my family and I have separately reserved (no deposits needed) 3 pieces with OB in total, third piece (at 8th position in the queue) is uncertain (ie delivery cannot be promised by OB) and this was in April..

Edited Jul 29, 2020
  19. Sterling Archer Jul 29, 2020

Yeah, lol that doesn't give me much hope. At the end of the day, it's fine. I would really like the watch but if I don't get it the consequence is that I keep around $10k. Most of these watches will rot in a safe. I can maybe rescue one, if not I hope your family enjoys them and I hope the enthusiasts here get one.

20. EricCsN Jul 29, 2020

ppl will drop off the list at OB or change their mind (particularly COVID economy). you should do ok if you get onto OB.

JesterP likes this.