Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Pun Oct 11, 2020

I'm sorry, my typo error on mobile phone. I meant few datejust and precious metal watches. Thanks for correcting me.

rominvicta likes this.
  2. fred.zueri Oct 11, 2020

I asked two AD and an OB in Switzerland (as I live here). All three were really confident that they will be able to deliver the watch maybe already this year, latest next year. One of the AD’s even mentioned that there will apply a small discount probably.

for this reason it seems like that Omega will try to sell as many watches as possible. As Swatch is having issues with the low and midpriced watches, I have the fealing they will want to try to milk the profits as extremely as possible. Basically only the three high price point watches are growing within the group (omega, blancpain, breguet).

Already the Omega Apollo 11 50th Anniversary can be found sometimes below 9600.- CHF in Switzerland. I bought a new one from a private person yesterday for 9000 CHF (I guess he wanted to flip it, but prices came down quite a lot; as 6969 is not really a limited series) -> Apollo 11 and 13 is rather a theme for the US, so I guess the availability there is less than in Switzerland.

I like the watch a lot and want it. But my question is rather if I should buy it at an AD or OB or wait a year until there will be probably some discounts on the watch on the grey market. To be honest, as I have several watches, I want to avoid paying a premium on a watch (as you never know if you have to sell it at one point in time). This is as well the reason why I bought my other Omega watches on the secondary market (Apollo 11, 60th anniversary edition).
    it really depends how many Snoopy watches Omega plans to sell. And my understanding is, that nobody knows yet..

3. Feifei0416 Oct 11, 2020

I wouldn’t trust what they say until they actually delivered the watch to you.. I called around AD and OB here in Canada, every store gave me a different answer.

FBCello likes this.
  4. texasmade Oct 11, 2020

It's been a year for A11 and most of those are listing slightly above MSRP on chrono24. If Omega slow drips this watch, I could see this one going for close to the same as A11. Also, pretty much all of the recent Speedmaster special releases in the past 5 years are listing above MSRP on Chrono24 at this point.

E-wotch likes this.
  5. rominvicta Oct 11, 2020

Hands down, I would say Apollo 11 was personally for me a disappointment. Gave it up, and left it for someone else hopefully to enjoy it. Clearly opinion is not unilateral on it. My expectation for that watch is, that unlike Apollo 13, it won’t move upwards from list price unless next Apollo 11 55th or 60th does not lift it up, like a tide. Then it might appreciate and it will totally depend on the level of success of next Apollo 11. though I would not say the same concerning Apollo 13 50th. Tide wise had already risen it and additionally it is really unique. Of course it will depend how many pieces Omega will supply the market with but my feeling is that instead of pouring they will leave it to trickle down.

taz101 likes this.
  6. midimanwatch Oct 12, 2020

Exactly and everyone that has paid a deposit, or for the watch in full already thinks that they are going to get one. Omega are telling the Boutiques that customers are guaranteed. (That's plain English to me deposit or not)

So why would you hand over your money to a store that can't guarantee delivery?

Especially AD's!!

Show me one AD that is actively showing that they are getting this watch for sure?

And even if they do manage to get some, how many will they get, and when would you get it?

Edited Oct 13, 2020
  7. asedfasdfawsdf Oct 12, 2020

Edited Oct 12, 2020
    Pun, mk2rick and neoguendia like this.
  8. wolfe44 Oct 12, 2020

mk2rick likes this.
  9. Boony Oct 12, 2020

Got mine last Friday - green dial - I have many omega speedys but this is a cracker. my every day watch from now on. great looks, comfortable and amazing 70 hours reserve. oh and cool case back lol

EricCsN and demchocholips like this.
  10. asedfasdfawsdf Oct 12, 2020

Yeah...I would assume those examples are under intense lighting...But either way, I think we are not able to see the same hue from the original video posted by Omega in any case, which is what really triggered me initially

11. nismo Oct 12, 2020

All jokes aside, my favorite caseback actually is on a Rolex. It just happens to be a very special one you can't buy new...a few have come up second hand although extremely rare and expensive. I would love to earn one of these in the 24 Hours of LeMans or 24 Hours of Daytona, but I'm not a race car driver lol.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/tom-kristensen-le-mans-rolex-2850142/

m116500ln-0002_1805rlx_001.jpg

FBCello, E-wotch, Japanred and 3 others like this.
  12. mk2rick Oct 12, 2020

yeah I really liked the hue of blue in the omega promo pics.. very similar to the new tudor black bay 58 blue.. with the electric blue pics that came out from Fratello, had put me off a bit i must say as I like my watches more "below the radar"..

Eager to see more pics of this watch in various lighting conditions!

13. midimanwatch Oct 13, 2020

That looks good.

But I'm not a fan of most of the other case backs.

Japanred likes this.
  14. calcheng Oct 13, 2020

Hello guys

is anyone on this forum from Singapore? I called the Omega boutique yesterday and they said that they are not accepting deposits (unlike their counterparts in other parts of the world, the boutique in SG never accepted deposits even before the announcement). They have indicated that they may only be able to deliver the watch in 2021.

I have gone round various ADs and it seems like they may be allocated a few pieces. Not sure how true that is.

Thought I might share this news with you guys.

15. midimanwatch Oct 13, 2020

Hi, it sounds like that they are giving you good advice, unlike some of the other places that are taking deposits from people in order to try and get your business.

I am from the UK and most OB's are saying exactly the same as what you have just said.

A deposit is not a guarantee, it is something that the retailer will use as a means of insurance and/or leverage for ordering one in. Providing that they are able to get from somewhere.

A waiting list is just as effective and no doubt you will be contacted and asked for a deposit, or payment in full as soon as the store knows that they are in a position where they can actually obtain one. Well that is how it should work.

The benefit of not having to put a deposit down also means that you can register your interest with multiple suppliers and have them all competing for you. Or else what is the incentive for them to get the item for you if they have you money already and they know that you are not looking to go elsewhere.

It doesn't make sense. IMO if you cant assure me of getting the item, or having a fairly decent chance of even getting it then you are not getting my business.

Go to as many places as you can Calcheng if you really want it but don't get suckered in by all the talk. We have people on here saying that they are number one on the waiting lists of their trusty ADs, that they have now paid their deposit and been told that the watch is theirs for sure, and that that it will be coming to them in first batch etc..

calcheng likes this.
  16. rlskyline Oct 14, 2020

yup i am from singapore, think can forget about getting from boutique if you are not VIP

17. calcheng Oct 14, 2020

let's see. the only saving grace is that this model is not a LE - so hopefully it is just a matter of waiting patiently...

rafabond likes this.
  18. rlskyline Oct 14, 2020

hehe u are very positive

19. Bugbait Oct 14, 2020

Here's another take on the whole partial and full deposits requirement/fiasco:

Omega may have learned from the A11 50th from last year where most outside of the US were not required to place any or only a small deposit. This lead to many on the list being multiple listing and/or opportunists. The multiple listing lead to opportunists getting one or more watches ahead of the customers that really wanted them for personal use. Forums only represent a small portion of watch owners out there and I'm sure customers who missed out feed back their disappointment to the OBs and ADs.

So with the Snoopy 3 Omega want increase the chances of the early batch of watches ending up in the hands of customers who really want it for personal enjoyment (not the opportunists). So they're asking for full deposits in an attempt to achieve this. Full deposits means less multiple queueing from individuals since there is an up front capital outlay. It also requires a serious commitment from a customer upfront so short term flippers may not want to gamble the capital for that duration of time.

I would argue that the deposit scheme has merit for the people who really want the watch for themselves.

calcheng, 8100_RPM, bbp and 3 others like this.
  20. Martin_J_N Oct 14, 2020

UK stores not asking for full deposit only 10%, at in least my dealings with Watches of Switzerland, the store also took full details of me, my address, e-mail, phone number, this is used to verify that you are only registered at one WOS store. This same approach also applied when I registered for the new Submariner range. My guess is that this is WOS trying to do their bit to stop flippers.

No idea how an independent AD is dealing with these requests or how the Omega run boutiques are operating, my OB is run by WOS as they do in other parts of the UK so I can only speak as I find.