Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. YY77 Oct 14, 2020

In Automotive business the factory, when a new high demand model is introduced (let say an EV), allocates a certain number to their distributors per month/year. Due to high demand it's also the distributors allocating to their dealers on monthly basis based on their area potential percentage wise. So customers in a certain area may need to go to a dealer in a different part of the country to be able to get on the list.

Although is a difference with watches as the contract for a car between customer and dealer is binding (cancellation fee of 15%). I would assume Omega does wants to achieve equal distribution of a watch like the Snoopy 3.

So distribution based on whether a full deposit is placed wouldn't be reasonable if the store only requires a partial deposit or isn't allowed (UK?) to ask for a deposit as it will be a contractual agreement to deliver when they aren't sure they can.

2. rlskyline Oct 14, 2020

good analysis. but I think deposit will still not deter flippers as I believe the resale price for snoopy can easily hit usd 15k.

3. texasmade Oct 14, 2020

It will prevent them from getting several allocations at once though since it’s going to tie up their capital.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 14, 2020

Who is paying 15k when yo can still order one it just takes a few months to get one. People pay more for watches that aren’t available
    Grey market aren’t going to sell them for profit when they are still available at
    RRP at a Omega Boutique
    This is not going to be like a Rolex wait it’s just going to be a wait to they are made.
    Not many are going to Pay 5k to save a few months wait and 1 visit to a boutique

Dogmann, 8100_RPM, rafabond and 2 others like this.
  5. YY77 Oct 14, 2020

Seems more a post with pumping and dumping in mind.

8100_RPM, nahckered and STANDY like this.
  6. E-wotch Oct 14, 2020

Hmmm..wasn't the last Omega Worldtimer (released 2-3 years ago..?) listed as "non limited" yet it's no longer in production?

I could be wrong but it sounds like it may not be unreasonable to expect a pattern if it's true. Just saying.

7. YY77 Oct 14, 2020

Do you mean this one, if so it's still available for order?
    upload_2020-10-14_16-14-56.png

Pun and E-wotch like this.
  8. E-wotch Oct 14, 2020

Yes, I heard production had stopped going forward. I'll try to confirm with Omega once their chat service is back online and post back here.

YY77 likes this.
  9. rlskyline Oct 14, 2020

yup. but this time round demand outstrip supply by few times so not necessary can get one just by waiting. but let's see

10. scapa Oct 14, 2020

I think it's more likely that the wait extends beyond a few months to 6, 9, 12.... at which point some will opt for the GM. I'm down for one but if I don't see it within the year I'm perfectly happy to stick with my FOIS and bank the difference -- or, more likely, spend it elsewhere.

11. Capt Cave Man Oct 14, 2020

Omega HQ have more than likely been building stock for a few months already to supply OBs as watches are expected to be delivered from November, I suspect the next wave built will be delivered towards the end of Q1 for OBs and ADs.

This isn't an LE piece and as mentioned by Omega, everyone who wants one will get one.

I don't see the price point being heavily affected by the GM or expect the increases being suggested, imho this will only be affected when Omega ends production and by guesstimates on how many are in the wild at that point.

bobby shankit and nahckered like this.
  12. Eastman Oct 14, 2020

In my watch sales experience, people will still pay over retail for a hard to get Omegas. Even a new model.
    In NJ, we only have one Omega boutique since others have closed. Plus, the fact that many buyers don't want to wait what could be a month, three months, etc.
    If you have the means and one is available, people will pay. The car analogy used above is quite accurate. A few years ago when the Type R first released, one dealer was selling it $20k over retail (in stock), while another a few miles up the road was selling it at retail based on an order.

rominvicta and E-wotch like this.
  13. petay993 Oct 14, 2020

Why do people keep saying "everyone who wants one will get one"
    How do you know?
    Does everyone who wants a BLRO get one? Not limited but you never see them at the AD do you.
    This is going to be down to supply versus already very healthy demand.
    If Omega make say 7,000 but 15,000 people want one then this statement will be patently untrue.

Japanred, Duckie, taz101 and 3 others like this.
  14. Arctic228 Oct 14, 2020

well said/agreed

Japanred likes this.
  15. Pun Oct 14, 2020

With due respect I don't agree. Omega can't be compared with Rolex in sales and/or marketing hype/scarcity.

What Rolex has achieved so far in relation to supply and demand is not at all related to any watchmaking feast. They are neither the best nor so desirable, but that perception is made and maintained very successfully..

Any other brand getting that with good numbers in production is not so easily achievable.

16. Arctic228 Oct 14, 2020

I could be wrong here but I think in the world based off people who know nothing about watches, Rolex comes first followed by Omega. Your average person doesn't know Patek, AP, Blancpain, Panerai, Breguet, etc. The Snoopy 3 is not LE or LP but that doesn't mean they will make enough to satisfy demand.

OB's are already not taking additional people for official waiting list and I find that this watch resonates with people who are not even "watch guys/gals", simply because they could be a fan of Peanuts and/or Snoopy and want this watch for that reason.

There are 3 main brands that have watches that go well above retail on the secondary market; Rolex, AP, PP. But I think after that Omega probably has the most so it wouldn't be that surprising to see this watch end up that way as well.

IMHO I just see demand for this to be higher than supply.

FBCello likes this.
  17. EricCsN Oct 15, 2020

Try searching for snoopy 1 which you can hardly find anywhere now - whether eBay, Chrono24 etc - and look at the price of snoopy 2 now ( not last week). And you tell me you can secure a snoopy 3 . Collectors are after the snoopy trilogy/trinity- the full set. And every piece.

Edited Oct 15, 2020
    E-wotch likes this.
  18. bbp Oct 15, 2020

I was told by OB to buy a watch to get on board together with the already very long list of clients who had purchase history. OB also politely hinted it will be unlikely to get the snoopy 3 if i choose to be placed in the interest list which is for the walking clients without history. When i asked which watch should i buy, OB said any watch but they cannot give me a delivery date.... sadly, the feel is no diff from buying rolex hot models...

19. rlskyline Oct 15, 2020

are you from singapore? this sounds like the response I had from the Orchard boutique.

20. bbp Oct 15, 2020

Yes! ;)