Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. pauly Oct 8, 2020

Well done Mate - God bless the Dutch!

2. Japanred Oct 8, 2020

Spoke with my (UK) OB. I’m 5th on a list of over 40!!!

He said I will get mine in 2021 but couldn’t be any more specific than that at the min.

Doesn’t want a deposit (maybe due to my history with them?).

He also said he’s pretty sure that AD’s will get them too.

3. hb8745 Oct 8, 2020

Anyone have any idea on how the NASA themed speedmasters are generally received/regarded in the Chinese market?

4. 64Wing Oct 8, 2020

Lots of negative comments on the price here. For the same money there are other things I would buy, but there's a lot going on here. Metallisation of the case back, ceramic bezel with enamel ($$$) tachymeter indices, moving parts on both sides of the movement, some pvd items, etc. In my opinion, not outrageous for what you get but interesting it's not on a bracelet. Can't really see myself buying it even though I generally like it.

Just imagine how much a Rolex with all that detail and processes would cost you...::stirthepot::

SwissZ, Pun and Japanred like this.
  5. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2020

Just imagine the waiting list :whistling:

SwissZ, pw92676 and 64Wing like this.
  6. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

So many people whinging about

The price.
    It's only being sold in OB;s :(
    It's colour.
    Lack of deployment strap.
    Lack of lume.
    The animation.
    The animation not being on the front.
    The stitching not being white on the inside.
    That it looks childish.
    That it is not LE.

Well all I can say is take your silly deposit back and your name off the list and let the serious people buy them.

And If the shop wants to sell me yours I will take that off them too :D

Edited Oct 8, 2020
    RMA, pw92676, Om3ga321 and 2 others like this.
  7. hb8745 Oct 8, 2020

Value for money is all relative. Omega in generally is better value for money with respect to the actual watch and technology when compared with some other brands. Within their lineup however, I think it's $1-1.5k too high.

Rolex's "value for money" comes in the form brand recognition and status.

If you're comparing the watch only directly to a Rolex, then yes you could argue that the technology justifies the price and makes it a bargain. But if you look at it holistically (brand-inclusive), it's not really a fair comparison. Outside some parts of Asia, Rolex is in a different class. Omega might be trying to close the gap in perception in this regard, but there's only so much they can do while still giving thought to the other brands in the Swatch portfolio.

8. hb8745 Oct 8, 2020

Yes can we please just delete all the non-glowing comments, they are not made by SERIOUS people.

You didn't even design the watch, not sure why you're so defensive.

9. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

Rolex are looked upon as items of Jewellery.
    Omega are looked upon as Watchmakers.

That's why Omega will never surpass Rolex, especially in Asia.

But I like the technology and other touches in Omegas designs and IMO the back of a Rolex looks pants for the money.

64Wing likes this.
  10. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

Yes start a new thread.

Here is an idea for the title.

"All the things I don't like about the 50th Snoopy Award Piece"

Then at least I can talk to some up beat people on here.

If you go on other sites too you would think that Omega has just killed everyone with this release.

11. Bp1000 Oct 8, 2020

I couldn't be a bigger fan of the speedmaster, omega and this snoopy.

So any negative tone or posts in this thread are just filtered out. I love it and I'll hopefully be getting one soon. If others don't like it, that's fair enough. Rolex vs Omega. Totally irrelevant to me.

Soulcreek and bobby shankit like this.
  12. Dogmann Oct 8, 2020

Hi all,

So it appears that what I was told on the 18th September was all wrong I was not put on list as to expressing an interest as according to the sales person I just spoke to they weren't taking note of interest at that time as it didn't open until the 5th October. Which is why I haven't received an update or pictures I was told I would be sent as soon as available.

Also they are now asking for a 10% deposit and expect deliveries commencing early 2021 this is an UK Omega Boutique within a major watch retailing group. This is the second time I have an issue with not being informed correctly so not happy with their service and am awaiting a call back from the Boutique manager.

Marc

13. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

There are some things that could have improved it, but they are so minor that it is not even worth mentioning.

From what I can see it looks like that they have done an excellent job with it and it looks far more fitting as Moonwatch than the 2015 model to me.

They have even captured the colours of Nasa on this one.

There are three things that would have made it complete for me but I'm not complaining as they would have been of my own personal choice

Bp1000 likes this.
  14. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

Hi Marc,

This is what I have been trying to tell some people and from what you have said all I can say it this ---

No OB were taking serious orders for this item in the UK.
    They were only taking your details.
    None of them were supposed to be taking deposits.
    The only time that you were eligible to get on the waiting list was when the watch was announced for general sale ie. Oct 5th (and allocation is on a first come first serve basis) not on a date of rumour!!
    You should have received a confirmation email of your interest from the OB not long after that with the T&Cs of sale.
    OB's are still not taking deposits. (Well they shouldn't be)
    OB's are in place to get the first shipments and ADs may get some at a later stage.

I will be taking them up on this too if the situation changes but they have assured me that there will be supply for me and others.

Edited Oct 8, 2020
  15. Atab2870 Oct 8, 2020

First time posting but a lot of time beeing a reader. I m located in Usa. OB told me that by December should have mine, no deposit. Number 3 on the list. Check out Ebay, there are 2 already for sale from flippers! Amazing. $18,000 and $38,000

E-wotch likes this.
  16. 64Wing Oct 8, 2020

I think this is an astute response, good sir

17. 64Wing Oct 8, 2020

Welcome! I hope those idiot flippers lose their a$$ sitting on the watch while sensible people just buy from the AD and wait their turn. Heck, those might be fake listings anyhow.

Anyway, hope you've enjoyed all your reading here. Do please participate with us at your leisure. Lots of good folks on here

Pun, Atab2870 and softwareurchin like this.
  18. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

I hope flippers get turned over.
    I hope Omega keep these watches to OB's only.
    I hope Ebay takes out those sellers using those stock photos.

64Wing, nahckered and softwareurchin like this.
  19. phooi Oct 8, 2020

I’m not in the UK but I’ve heard from others having problems with ADs in the US regarding this release. Someone actually coined it the “snoopocalypse”. At this point, it seems the best way to acquire a 50th snoopy was to order it through an OB. Good luck!

20. phooi Oct 8, 2020

Funny thing is this is a rerun of what occurred during the release of the last snoopy. History will sort itself out. In the meantime, I’m looking forward to getting the new watch.