Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. rominvicta Oct 8, 2020

I know quite a few Dutch people and they are always nice and kind! :thumbsup:

YY77 likes this.
  2. queriver Oct 8, 2020

Today an OB in Australia said I am able to lodge a deposit but I declined because the watch doesn't float my boat enough to put my money down without first seeing it in real life.

rafabond likes this.
  3. Soulcreek Oct 8, 2020

Well, I’ve done all I can now in my location to secure the watch:
    1. Visited the OB on 10/5 (b4 launch due to time zone).
    2. Emailed them next day and got a reply today saying I’d been added to the list with no guarantee or timeline.
    3. Contacted the dept store SA on10/3 and he’s going to get back to me when he knows if or how many they will get.
    No deposit system here so it’s the best I can do. Do I feel confident? I reckon I might get a call somewhere down the line

4. rafabond Oct 8, 2020

right now this answer is the most sensible of the whole thread

Pun and queriver like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 8, 2020

Would look good next time your out for your smashed Avo and coffee........:whistling:

6. queriver Oct 8, 2020

With the greatest respect, this is my weekend breakfast watch. I have reached out to Omega requesting they create a gold alloy that better matches my coffee though...::bleh::
    xyz.jpg

SwissZ, Japanred and STANDY like this.
  7. taz101 Oct 8, 2020

Best so far!

Japanred and YY77 like this.
  8. taz101 Oct 8, 2020

it never said non limited edition was always just non limited which is why there is ambiguity over exactly what that means. Could still be limited production just not officially announced

9. ericksakti Oct 8, 2020

see the last paragraph
    upload_2020-10-8_17-28-48.png

Japanred and demchocholips like this.
  10. midimanwatch Oct 8, 2020

I wouldn't have had an issue with it as it would have helped to wean out most of the misinformation that was being posted on here and cut out most of nonsense that we have had to endure leading up to its release.

I made sure that I put my name down on the best possible list that I could think of that had some weight behind it, and your contribution would have helped others to do the same.

So lets hope that some of the users on here that put their deposits and/or names down on an AD lists get to see one too.

I think some people are expecting to pick one up on the cheap through an AD just before production starts to end, but I can't see Omega dropping the price and keeping production open for long. The lead time on this watch is already getting longer and disrupted because of Covid, therefore the fortunate ones will be the first to see one.

Best to switch off now until early 2021. :)

11. taz101 Oct 8, 2020

Good catch that is def new. I still think this will be distributed on a reduced scale compared to the regular speedies though it has to have something that makes it more special

12. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 8, 2020

Keep it up. I think even you'll have a job pumping and dumping this one unless they are in fact only making 50 a year.

redzer007 and chunkythebulldog like this.
  13. taz101 Oct 8, 2020

I actually quite like that!

queriver likes this.
  14. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2020

So thats my deposit paid, 10%, fully refundable. The OB is only taking a set number of deposits, once that figure is reached then they will stop accepting further deposits until the situation on the number of watches available becomes clearer.

Based on my chat in store this morning it is clear that the dealer network has minimal information on numbers being produced, the length of production, how quickly watches will become available etc..

The OB asked outright what are my plans for the watch, am I intending to keep it or sell it, my response of keeping it was noted.

Watches will not be available until 2021, whist the OB is aware of how many watches they are getting they don't know if this is in one hit or spread over a single or a number of deliveries, they expect the first deliveries in January or February but exactly what will be in this first batch is unknown, (or at least they're not saying).

Now just have to sit back and wait.

15. pauly Oct 8, 2020

good for you my friend! It’s nice to see loyalty rewarded that is deserved!

taz101 likes this.
  16. pauly Oct 8, 2020

If you don’t know the answer to your own questions then for sure I cannot assist you.... and what’s more i won’t waste my energy trying!

17. pauly Oct 8, 2020

Believe me it is a slightly mistake perhaps even jingoistic belief that the Apollo Missions are somehow hailed more in the USA - for those outside the USA we never thought of it as an American Mission but a Mission for ALL humanity on this planet irrespective of the country in which they reside and for that we are grateful to the USA....

As for the purpose of business of course it is to make money but your values dictate how much and how you wish to make - there is not just one simple interpretation of business or capitalism which is about maximising profit at all costs.....

speedypants likes this.
  18. pauly Oct 8, 2020

excellent - then it is the case that there are some very greedy OBs out there making up the rules to exploit demand and get a free loan till the watch arrives. They already have a huge markup on the watches and it’s nice to see a lot of decent OBs recognising that and respecting their customers... that’s good business!

E-wotch likes this.
  19. texasmade Oct 8, 2020

I plan to keep mine too if and when it comes in but I'd be pretty tempted to sell if someone offered Snoopy 2 money to me. That would easily fund an EW 321 and NTTD Seamaster.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  20. pauly Oct 8, 2020

:)