Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2020

Not sure if you want to update this list but what happened to me this morning is in bold and I am UK based.

Gossip from the store - Massive interest, phone didn't stop all day Tuesday and Wednesday, staff have done nothing but talk about Snoopy, lots of walk-ins and e-mails asking for the watch. Store is somewhat shocked by the reaction, they are now trying to establish who is genuine and who is not so lots of calls and vetting going on. The store has a limit on the number of deposits that they are taking, they wouldn't tell me what that limit was but did say that if they are taking the deposit then you are going to get a watch, at some point.

Deposits are completely refundable, so if the number of watches required doesn't materialise or you have a change of mind you will get your deposit back.

Hope this helps. :)

bobby shankit likes this.
  2. Cabinetman Oct 8, 2020

My first post as well.

My local Omega Boutique told me I had to pay in full upfront for guaranteed delivery. I was also told that they would be distributing watches based on previous purchase history and not the order in which payments were received. I was one of the last to make a payment before they closed the list, but about half the people ahead of me have no purchase history so I will go ahead of them in the distribution order.

My friend is also interested in the watch and I asked yesterday if he could call and place an order. I was told the prepayment list was closed, but he could get on the waitlist. If someone who prepays decides to drop out the OB will contact the people on the waiting list and ask for full payment to take the vacated spot. My friend is number 7 on the waitlist.

It is interesting how different US OBs are handling the order process. Maybe some of the boutiques are corporately owned while others are privately held which would allow them to make their own rules.

3. Capt Cave Man Oct 8, 2020

... and to add to @Martin_J_N comments...

I had been politely chatting on and off with my AD since the initial message back in April. They always stated they were not compiling a waitlist until something was announced but I maintained my interest.

On the 5th they confirmed I was #2 but that all UK ADs had no information from Omega at that time.

I was contacted yesterday to place a deposit if I still wanted the watch. I was informed they expect deliveries to start late in Q1 2021, possibly running into Q2.

In a roundabout way I've been informed the A11 bracelet does fit so I'm also debating on buying another or using the existing one between the two.

I had just received my rail season ticket refund (since the covid lock-down in March) so simply flipped the money without worrying about transferring any from elsewhere.

Confirmation via email that my deposit was received came through today and I will be regularly kept informed of progress relating to my order. A wonderful experience throughout and in general chatting about various watches etc... downside was when I brought up the possibility of buying a Rolex Sub for err my 50th....

ROLEX RANT (sorry)
    Register my interest... wait... vetting stage... you already have my details, purchase history etc... added to a waiting list... wait... place a deposit at somepoint... annnnd wait... I may just stick with Omega for a diver as honestly, I can't be arsed with jumping through this many hoops for a friggin mass produced watch, Jesus wept!

bobby shankit and Martin_J_N like this.
  4. Martin_J_N Oct 8, 2020

Registered my interest, got a call 12 days later and collected the watch 8 days after that, and its a beauty. Sorreee :rolleyes:

5. taz101 Oct 8, 2020

Had a hulk fir 3 years and have to say I prefer my new sea master it’s technically better as well with the 8800 (not sure how it fairs to the latest sub tho)

6. platogsd Oct 8, 2020

Yeah, that’s my question! It is a stock photo for a watch that hasn’t been distributed to anyone yet, but they have delivery for a at least a week to two weeks before anyone else, and eBay allows this? Are people really this naive? Surely they have read the launch details too (including that it is not limited! And with some patience, everyone should be able to get one if they love it) if they are already searching eBay.......... I’m not an ebayer so see this as nuts and sincerely confused! Complete insanity! ::facepalm2::

Edited Oct 8, 2020
    Dbirds11 likes this.
  7. Capt Cave Man Oct 8, 2020

::censored::

8. bobby shankit Oct 8, 2020

midimanwatch said:
    No OB were taking serious orders for this item in the UK - OB's are getting serious as of Wednesday 7th
    They were only taking your details
    None of them were supposed to be taking deposits. - 10% paid this morning, now the watch is announced deposits can be taken
    The only time that you were eligible to get on the list was when the watch was announced for sale ie Oct 5th. - OB was evasive on this and whether it was my e-mail months ago or my spending history at the store that generated the call yesterday but either way I have been given the chance to buy the watch early 2021 (and allocation is on a first come first serve basis - I believe but cannot substantiate that the OB may be doing VIPS and contacting them and not taking deposits based on walk-in, phone or e-mail requests) not on a date of rumour!!
    You should have received a confirmation email of your interest from the OB not long after that with the T&Cs. - No confirmation to my e-mail from months ago, received call yesterday saying that if I want the watch I needed to say yes and pay my deposit ASAP or sooner so this was paid this morning
    OB's are still not taking deposits. - As of yesterday (Wed 7th) they are
    OB's are in place to get the first shipments and ADs may get some. - Nothing until 2021 according to my OB

This is what happened to me on Tuesday evening, opened up my emails to an email from the OB to say they were now in a position to take a deposit for the watch in order to secure one which i paid and have had a order confirmation today with a receipt of deposit paid, however someone on here was quick enough to doubt what i was saying and wanted proof that i'd paid :rolleyes: glad someone else has had the same experience as me from expressing interest in the watch with the OB through to the paying of a deposit to secure one :thumbsup: just to prove others wrong in their know it all comments at times :whipped:

Edited Oct 8, 2020
  9. pauly Oct 8, 2020

just one factual error - they are now taking deposits...

10. pauly Oct 8, 2020

USA OB asked for $4,600 plus taxes on top of $5k deposit already paid. They said a full deposit was required - I explained that would not be a ‘full deposit’ but 'full payment’ which is morally wrong blah blah and was never agreed ... cut a long story short they said that I would not lose my place and they were content with the $5K ...... :)

hb8745 likes this.
  11. pauly Oct 8, 2020

I have also had the same experience - everything you said was spot on and given it was staple stuff and not at all outlandish I thought the request for proof was a bit outrageous...

bobby shankit likes this.
  12. WatchNurse Oct 8, 2020

Planning on putting down $5k deposit at my OB tomorrow. They estimated I should get one by April 2021 lolol.

13. Ryan1122 Oct 8, 2020

That doesn't seem too bad considering it's a few days after release and others have said they aren't expecting watches until mid to late 2021! Where are you located if you don't mind sharing?

14. Pun Oct 8, 2020

OMG. You'd have bought a lottery ticket at that moment when lady luck smiling at you!
    I'm in regular touch with the only Rolex Boutique in the city and they don't have any information yet on when OP 36 mm 2020 would be delivered, nor are they taking deposit...
    They have only less than a dozen precious metal datejust watches in the entire store. This is the story now for more than a year...
    The boutique was opened 2 years ago..

Martin_J_N likes this.
  15. WatchNurse Oct 9, 2020

I'm in Miami, FL. I'm not a VIP by any means at this OB. I've just been very honest about my intentions of owning this timepiece for the last 2+ months. I guess they can sense I'm not a flipper or do they have some way of verifying that? I did provide them my name, email address, other contact info.

16. EricCsN Oct 9, 2020

For a rookie to omega, you sure hit the bulleye and got VIP like treatment.

17. WatchNurse Oct 9, 2020

Really? Well, never know how long it'll actually take. They said they may receive one earlier or later. They said they would give me a call once they have one for me, and if I'm not ready to purchase for whatever reason, they will give it to the next person on the list.

18. EricCsN Oct 9, 2020

compared to what i got (and you can trail my quest for this piece back to april), no deposit, no news yet, it sure does.

19. WatchNurse Oct 9, 2020

Damn, sorry to hear that. I hope the situation changes in your favor. :)

EricCsN likes this.
  20. Dedalus05 Oct 9, 2020

Ireland, Weirs & Sons took my details but won't take a deposit until they know how many they will be allocated. Any other Irish have better luck than me?

Also, I can't believe I am immersing myself in the hype. Again. It's 10k God damn it. Just last week I told myself, "That's it, I'm out".

Pun and Japanred like this.