Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

Thank you.

2. Capt Cave Man Oct 7, 2020

I would also state as I'm sure many others would, do not to buy as an investment and only what you like and can afford as expect a watch to depreciate :thumbsup:

Caliber561, Dedlock and Martin_J_N like this.
  3. Duckie Oct 7, 2020

In all fairness, the Snoopy 2 was a lovely example of a really fun watch with the lume being a significant feature.
    There is a degree of carry over expectations a play here and it's part and parcel of human nature.

It was always going to be a total lottery as to what Omega was going to come out with and some will be disappointed whilst others happy with the most creative aspects of Snoopy 3.

4. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

5. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

Ofcourse, but omega has been testing the waters with the limited production NTTD model and so far it has held. It could be a different story at this point next year.

6. Duckie Oct 7, 2020

Agreed, and be that as it may.
    It's a fun feature that has its own special degree of usefulness that can't be ignored whether it's of a practical nature or novelty.
    After all readability in different lighting conditions is one of the essential elements of the Grand Seiko grammar of design that is served by stunningly polished hands and dial markers.
    It's the same but different.
    Can't we all simply agree that the watch is not a failure regardless.
    Personal expectations are just that. Personal.
    Like it and buy it.
    Dislike it and pass.

phooi and E-wotch like this.
  7. scapa Oct 7, 2020

I'm on call day and some nights and find I use the lume on my SMP and/or Pelagos pretty regularly. It's a useful feature for me, and it does seem to be part of the Speedy DNA. Not a dealbreaker, but not a novelty either, and like it or not a premium-priced tool watch is expected to have premium lume, seems to be the run of the commentary.

E-wotch likes this.
  8. Barstoolman Oct 7, 2020

Somehow, you believe your speculation into how many units of this watch Omega will produce, in its first 2 years, is more informed than OB employees/managers.....that's funny!!!

hb8745 likes this.
  9. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

Collectively, I believe there is a lot more perspective here on OF than there is from any employee or manager at an OB, but some believe that if an OB says something it is somehow based on fact because they have an OB pin on their shirt. Employees and managers aren't given data such as production levels or plans, they trade on hearsay just as much as many do here on OF. The goal of everyone is to separate the wheat from the chaff.

10. kilofinal Oct 7, 2020

It gets to the point where there's so much hype that it becomes a turn off. That's just me

11. nzcoffeem Oct 7, 2020

Just my two cents...
    Buying this watch would be a terrible investment because it is not going to be a small production, and based on how successful the response to the 50th has been, I would say that Omega is highly likely to released a 55th, 60th and so on. It would be silly for them not to do so. I can imagine some more cool changes e.g. a lumed bezel

Anyways, I like the blue and while combination quite a lot. The strap looks awesome. I have put in a deposit and will most likely keep it in the collection.

12. schwxmb Oct 7, 2020

Is it better to email or call OB to try and put a deposit down?

13. shutterlife Oct 7, 2020

Better to show up in person

14. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

Given the fact a lot of people have mentioned long wait times that would suggest demand will outpace supply thus would go against your assessment

Edited Oct 7, 2020
    E-wotch likes this.
  15. nzcoffeem Oct 7, 2020

Yes, demand will outpace supply in the short term but would you say that demand will continue to outpace supply in the long run?

In 5 years time, we will probably see another iteration. Unless you are looking to just flip, keeping it long term is what I am looking at.

16. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

I seriously doubt you are going to see much hoopla for 55th, 60th space anniversaries. It will be relatively quiet going forward.

taz101 likes this.
  17. pauly Oct 7, 2020

Bobby is 100% right. What he has described is exactly what happens and in the UK (unlike the greed in the USA) they take just a 20% refundable deposit. The greedy OBs in the USA not content with taking $5K as a deposit are now demanding a further $4,600 plus tax - disgusting and importantly, contrary to what they said when they took deposits!!! I think its unethical to ask for 100% in advance without even providing an arrival date.

Beautiful watch experience slightly spoilt by some greedy USA OBs (I don’t know if it’s all USA OBs)....

Be useful to know if every OB wants 100% upfront in the USA???

hb8745 and E-wotch like this.
  18. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

You are assuming production will run for 5 years..but I agree any watch you buy it's nice to know it will hold it's value. I accepted my Seamaster wouldnt do that just the way it is.

Also we do not know how many pieces Omega will release each year so it could well be demand continues to outpace unless they make 10's of thousands which I can't see

19. Arctic228 Oct 7, 2020

I think in 5 years if there is a 55 snoopy that won't have much bearing on the 50. Just like how the 50 won't have too much bearing on the 45. It's a collection now for the people who are collecting these. Speedmaster watches will always have their faithful fans who will desire them so imho I think this watch will hold its value quite well going into the future

20. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

Guess I was lucky only had to pay £1000