Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. hb8745 Oct 7, 2020

He's part of the ridiculous conspiracy crowd here who think that nothing from the mouths of OBs can be trusted, and thus anything that one of us hears from them is pure speculation. Unless, of course you can produce a receipt lol.

At least he was kind enough to remind you to redact your personal details!

bobby shankit likes this.
  2. rafabond Oct 7, 2020

[
    the new Bond watch can easily be found cheaper

3. hb8745 Oct 7, 2020

I agree will be somewhere in between. Was also thinking that the high MSRP point likely indicates they aren't going to to flood the market. If they really wanted to milk it, they would've dropped the price a bit to bump the top line. Without a hard stop they have no incentive to produce really limited quantities (<5k) either.

4. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

I dont think that's correct its rarely at my ad and even if they do pop up they refuse to discount them due demand. Also most are selling above msrp on chronos.

Can you please clarify where you can get this watch cheaper?

5. texasmade Oct 7, 2020

From where? Best I've seen was one seller here selling about 10% lower than MSRP. Everywhere else I've seen is MSRP at OB's or higher on chrono24.

6. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

Just wait until someone who is away from home, deposit paid, waiting for the call, gets dragged round the shops by significant other and sees the watch in the case at an AD/OB.

:eek:

7. pw92676 Oct 7, 2020

This thread was more exciting before the release.

spinnaker11 likes this.
  8. rafabond Oct 7, 2020

on Chrono24 there are several cheaper than the official price

63A6AB31-0590-4C7E-A934-D90B9CF1BB08.jpeg DA027013-5355-41EB-A145-9340887ABD66.jpeg

9. Martin_J_N Oct 7, 2020

I'm surprised the thread is still going, not sure why a lot of the posts are not on the new Snoopy watch thread now it's been announced.

10. s2000_driver Oct 7, 2020

The lume on this one is similar to the Apollo 11 50th. It serves its purpose but does not put on a show. Very understated compared to Snoopy version 2 or even ST1. It looks to me that Omega made silver more prominent. Let's wait until we see it in person. Lume looks cool but it dies after a few minutes. Omega definitely chose to highlight the metal and the laser engraving... There's no way to do both, right?

11. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

I think we should start a deposit thread

rominvicta likes this.
  12. texasmade Oct 7, 2020

13. TokenMao Oct 7, 2020

Cherry picking two examples on chrono24 that are ~10% lower than MSRP is a pretty far cry from "Omega pushing prices well below MSRP." As others have mentioned, ADs for the most part have refused to discount, the main grey market online sellers have not discounted, that's in sharp contrast with watches that clearly trade well below MSRP. Doesn't do much to refute the broader point.

Dedlock likes this.
  14. bobby shankit Oct 7, 2020

I never said i'd paid in full just that i'd been asked to pay the 20% deposit of which i duly obliged, i agree there is a lot of BS on here atm and some are on here probably just to wind others up ::screwloose:: but it was you who has questioned the details in my post.

I spoke today to the very helpful lady that i've been dealing with at the OB to confirm they had received my payment and email with my address details etc who said once she had got confirmation from head office of my payment she will forward me a receipt of my payment and my order for the watch, she did say they'd had a lot of interest for the watch, a lot more than usual but she expects my watch to arrive sometime early next year to which i replied, fine I'm in no hurry and it'll come when it does and that I'm not one of those to be the first one to 'must have the watch' ::screwloose::

Asking someone to share a receipt as proof of paying for something details deleted or not is one of the "silliest" things iv'e ever been asked to do to prove to someone i've never met who knows nothing about me that i've paid a deposit for a watch but once said watch arrives i will post a picture if you like :thumbsup: although i would think be then this thread will be long forgotten about ;)

pauly likes this.
  15. Capt Cave Man Oct 7, 2020

Isn't that part of the fun or hunt though, the buildup, anticipation and excitement of something that interests you?

A number, including myself were expecting an A13 50th release in April then the info came out of an announcement due on 5th October.

For me, born after these amazing feats were undertaken now more than 50 years ago feel fortunate, first to be in a position to purchase such a luxury item but also in also what is being celebrated which could still be argued as a pinnacle of human achievement.

I also believe we are on the verge of the next steps in space exploration, within our lifetimes? Omega can still boast of being the first watch worn on the moon but I'm unsure how many more pieces, limited or not, can be created celebrating those achievements as current projects come to pass and possibly progress further?

OmeGez likes this.
  16. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

Exactly, 6.5% drop secondhand isn't cheaper to me.

17. rafabond Oct 7, 2020

In Spain and many places in Europe the Omega Bond with a titanium bracelet costs € 9,000

18. smitty190373 Oct 7, 2020

Reading this thread has actually put me off the watch.

::puke::

speedypants, speedamatuer and STANDY like this.
  19. Capt Cave Man Oct 7, 2020

UK, it's £7,880... after the recent 6% increase.... some of those suggested adverts on C24 may have been created prior to the increase. The overall trend on C24 doesn't display a massive drop in values and the film has been bumped twice which I suspect may perk interest again.

Bond Trend.PNG
    Dedlock likes this.
  20. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

Point being majority on chronos atleast on the first page are selling for above or equal msrp. Come on please go take an average price.