Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

Pauly, you certainly are hung up on the greed concept.....you must be a recent university graduate where greed is considered a feature of capitalism. No one in the USA is forced to pay money to secure a watch, if they don't like the idea of shelling out $9,600 for an indeterminate delivery date that is their decision. Greed doesn't enter into the transaction, it's all in YOUR mind.

I looked at your past posts, they are all about fees and your idea that they are unreasonable in one way or the other. Businesses don't run by themselves.

Edited Oct 7, 2020
    rominvicta likes this.
  2. Arctic228 Oct 7, 2020

I called my OB on 5th Ave NYC a few minutes after the watch was unveiled and they said they would only take full deposit. I am #77 out of 110 on their official list and I was told that list closed later on the same day

Karusel likes this.
  3. pauly Oct 7, 2020

wow - do let us know if you get away with a 10% deposit - USA OBs are greedily exploiting the situation and asking for 100% upfront with no dates etc.... in the UK its just 20% refundable. May be there are some USA OBs who do not take 100%?

4. pauly Oct 7, 2020

Why do USA customers get discriminated against ? In the UK its 20% and the USA was $5K and now they are asking for $4,600 plus taxes - they are making it up as they go along!!! It’s unprincipled greed not USA capitalist greed :)

E-wotch likes this.
  5. pauly Oct 7, 2020

phone call always better unless you live close to the OB...

6. pauly Oct 7, 2020

10% is great for a deposit - probably the lowest in the world!!

7. Evitzee Oct 7, 2020

Why are you so hung up on USA business practices? There are clear reasons to ask for full payment now, it separates the collectors from the flippers who would be happy putting down 10-20% on a multitude of lists, taking delivery next year, and immediately flipping the watch for a nice profit. Committing 100% now will cut down on those operators. It's US Omega's choice. Perhaps you've heard the expression, time is money.

They did that for last year's Apollo 11, I don't think too many people in the US were unhappy with that policy, everyone who put down a 100% deposit got a watch. And delivery dates were never promised.

8. pauly Oct 7, 2020

I suppose we have a different set of values in our respective countries and that’s fine.

Why do you think the Omega UK is happy to only take a 20% refundable deposit - is it to encourage flipping? No, only a true idiot would suggest that (if the cap fits..) ... indeed it is because it's part of our values - we believe in fairness and we don’t believe greed is good....

As for your condescending University comment I think it speaks volumes about your personal values - when you read something you don’t agree with you resort to such personal comments - and there’s me thinking you might respect first amendment rights of freedom of speech .... something `ive always respected the USA for...

speedypants and E-wotch like this.
  9. taz101 Oct 7, 2020

Got lot of history with AD so built trust

10. kelsey Oct 7, 2020

Damn this threads not slowing :)

Ok my simple take.
    Do I like the watch? Yes
    Do I have a deposit on it? Yes
    Will I get it? Yes
    When will I get it? ??? I’ll get it when I get it and I’m fine with that :)

11. secretagent Oct 7, 2020

MY OB told me the whole purpose of the 100%pmt was to separate the men from the boys, obviously there is great US demand, perhaps less so in the UK, after all Apollo 13, Snoopy, and the NASA Award are all US things......I am sure Omega has a method for the madness, greed notwithstanding. After all the purpose of a company is to make money is it not? I think some of you people ought to try and buy some fine wines, you get to pay years in advance in full, and maybe just maybe you might get the wine.

E-wotch and Karusel like this.
  12. Caliber561 Oct 7, 2020

What exactly was said that constitutes a "condescending university comment?"
    Why are you so upset about US OBs asking for full deposits?

If you're not even in the US, why does it matter?

13. Omega-Q Oct 7, 2020

Interesting. My OB has not demanded the payment in full. Only my initial $5K deposit. Very interesting....

pauly and phooi like this.
  14. pw92676 Oct 7, 2020

Just asking out of curiosity and not to stir the pot unnecessarily. Does omega ever discontinue a “non-limited” from its catalogue and if so how long is a run? The “discontinued” word seems to be a coveted in the Rolex world.

I have no particular interest in this piece appreciating in value and would not buy it speculatively. Just curious what happens other omegas that eventually get dropped from catalogue.

15. secretagent Oct 7, 2020

It is all supply and demand, the spectre, limited to just 7007 watches, they could sell a lot more, but not a huge appreciation. 5000 snoops probably going to cause some supply issues. Time will tell, but I buy watches to sit on my wrist, not to speculate. A bonus if they do, but does not factor in the initial purchase.

16. scapa Oct 7, 2020

I just received the invoice for mine in Canada. Was hemming and hawing because it means moving a few pieces out but in the end it was manageable and I figured it’d be a nice way to close out the collection, so went for it.

2k refundable here and 6-month horizon. List now closed.

Karusel likes this.
  17. texasmade Oct 7, 2020

I didn't know there's a difference between the 2.

E-wotch likes this.
  18. ericksakti Oct 7, 2020

I think this piece will be trading at close to retail price in the grey market, whether its above or below retail remain to be seen.. but I think Omega strategy is, if you want one and you are willing to wait for it, you will definitely get one. Which i really appreciate. There is a reason that they state its not limited edition and limited production in the website and press release.

softwareurchin, STANDY and rominvicta like this.
  19. phooi Oct 7, 2020

Same. I’m in the US. I called my OB to see if I could pay the balance (deposited $7k) given all the noise about paying the difference. Was informed that I will pay the difference when the watch arrives.

Omega-Q and Karusel like this.
  20. rominvicta Oct 7, 2020

You get it quite literally! I do not want to entangle more in a dispute whether a shareholder may milk by himself Apollo 13th 50th! Keep steady and look forward! ::popcorn::