novice, looking for advice. is this real?

Hello,
I've been pouring through this forum looking for info or a similar watch... lots of really cool watches, but didn't see anything like this one. Not exactly sure what these symbols are, masonic? shriner?

It was inherited, no real backstory... any info would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, quite genuine, ca mid to late 1960s.

Reference number will be inside the case. Movement on these comes out from the front, no removable back.

Not Masonic.

Reference number will be inside the case. Movement on these comes out from the front, no removable back.

Not Masonic.
Not Masonic, but closely related.
Shriners.

Yes

Fun watch .. will clean up nicely but get it off that twist o flex which is probably grinding away at the inner lugs.

Not Masonic.
Thank you, glad to know it's not a fake. I appreciate the info.

Fun watch .. will clean up nicely but get it off that twist o flex which is probably grinding away at the inner lugs.
Thank you, very good to know. I'll definitely find a better band. I thought it looked a little abused, glad to hear you think it'll clean up nicely. I was thinking about getting it restored, but wasn't sure if this model had any value. Is it worth getting it appraised?

This dial was available on special order from Hamilton.

My guess is OPs watch was done in a special batch through Norman Morris (Omegas distributor in the US).

IMG_7572.JPG IMG_7573.JPG

I can make a new post for this if needed, but I wonder if anyone knows what a ball park value would be on this watch?
I can't find a model name for it, making it hard to research. I'm not 100% sure I can expose the movements to get a reference number, might need a special tool. Seems to be working fine. Says 14K on the back... is that solid or plated, I don't know.

Is it worth getting refurbished? What can that run? and can you recommend someone in the US midwest?
Thanks for your time and expertise.

In that condition, not much past the value of the crown/hands and some parts inside if not rusted and damaged.

List at eBay for $100 and see how it goes......then $50

If real 14kt gold, scrap plus $50

Welcome

In that condition, not much past the value of the crown/hands and some parts inside if not rusted and damaged.

List at eBay for $100 and see how it goes......then $50

If real 14kt gold, scrap plus $50

Welcome

Thanks for the info. Very good to know, I definitely don't want to dump a bunch of money into something shabby.
The guy at the watch shop who took the movement out so I could get these numbers loosely offered me $500... I better stop back in 😀
Maybe he was a Shriner.

Thanks for the info. Very good to know, I definitely don't want to dump a bunch of money into something shabby.
The guy at the watch shop who took the movement out so I could get these numbers loosely offered me $500... I better stop back in 😀
Maybe he was a Shriner.

Make sure what it says on the back and inside as to case metal.......real tiny print sometimes says "14kt gf" and sometimes the brain just stops at "14kt" and reboots.......

Make sure what it says on the back and inside as to case metal.......real tiny print sometimes says "14kt gf" and sometimes the brain just stops at "14kt" and reboots.......

I was surprised that it wasn't marked on the inside of the case. Only very lightly marked in a very hard spot to photograph, I'm lucky I even found it... I'll attach a bad pic. Does this look like a legit mark?

I will say, as a beginner looking into these watches, it is a rabbit hole... so much to learn. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Yes, that is the correct marking for this type of case. A gold-filled one would specifically say so in the same location.