Noob needs De Ville 145 research help

Please excuse the noob question but I am interested in purchasing a De Ville 145.018 (or similar alternative) as an alternative to a Speedmaster, and would like to make a deep dive into researching the model before buying (watch details, variations, service issues, where to buy etc). I have looked a the Omega online data base and the usual You Tube videos but still don't know what I don't know. Thank you for your thoughts.

I can't help with that reference, but I can suggest you type "site: omegaforums.net 145.018" into Google to see what others have said here before.

Yes, there are plenty of threads on various Seamaster chronographs if you search.

I can't help with that reference, but I can suggest you type "site: omegaforums.net 145.018" into Google to see what others have said here before.

Thank you for your help

Search Google for omega 145.018 review - lots comes up. Including this which is fairly superficial review but not bad to start.
These are great watches they are smaller 35 mm case with 861 ( same as Speedmaster) movement with several dial Color combos. Many prefer this reference with 861 over others that have 321 movements as they are easier to service and parts are available, and a little less expensive. I have the white dial version on original 1069/524 bracelet. Pictured below. Lots of commentary here on OF worth reviewing. Good luck with hunt.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-omega-deville-145-018-chronograph/#gref

IMG_4671.jpeg IMG_4715.jpeg IMG_4036.jpeg