Forums Latest Members
  1. gnuyork Apr 21, 2021

You're right... I called my AD and let them know I would be interested in the new Explorer, (when and if)... the more I look at photos of it, and also of wrist shots I have snapped of DJs and OP36s (previous gen) of watches I never bought, the more I think the 36mm Explorer might be just perfect. I have watches from 34mm all the way up to 45mm (Turtle - but wear much smaller) and I can wear them all. 37-38mm seems to be the sweet spot, but 36mm would be just fine too.

I guess I will really have to see when I can try one on someday - hopefully sooner rather than later, I need to scratch my Rolex itch.

marcn likes this.
  2. EauTerre Apr 22, 2021

The 39mm size was good but the problem was that the dial felt odd ; the 3-6-9 indices were too big.
    So overall the watch was less balanced than the previous, 36mm generation.

3. kcgunner Apr 23, 2021

I don't understand why they did this? Why not keep the 39mm around and just add the 36mm? I mean since they threw all convention out the window with a two tone, why not go full nuts and keep 2 sizes?

EauTerre likes this.
  4. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 23, 2021

Those who can answer aren't speaking.

The minor refinements they made in the proportions of the Submariner last year, and similar adjustments to Explorer II, along with the down-sizing of Explorer I, make me cautiously hopeful that they're signaling that they too have tired of the age of gigantism.

I am literally and a bit shamefully in love with my 39mm Explorer; it's the perfect size for me. But more importantly in the 4-years I've worn it, I've learned it's the perfect watch for me, and I would follow it into 36mm if I had to. No question at all.

EauTerre likes this.
  5. Eve Jul 8, 2021

Here it is.. :)

1.jpg

Edited Jul 8, 2021
    scv55, TJH, Alfista88 and 2 others like this.
  6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 8, 2021

We’ll, you wanted it… you got it!! We’ll done Eve!

Eve likes this.
  7. marcn Enough space to say witty Jul 8, 2021

Congrats, @Eve it looks like a perfect fit. How do you like the width at the clasp?

Eve likes this.
  8. Eve Jul 8, 2021

Thanks! i didnt expect to get it so quickly without any previous history with the AD.
    To be honest i dont like bulky bracelets, therefore i actually like this one. Nevertheless this bracelet feels heavier than the hollow link bracelet.

marcn likes this.
  9. Shay Aug 3, 2021

Yesterday I tried the Explorer 36 at my AD. My wrist is fairly small but I found the 36 too small. It looks quite small on the wrist, IMHO the 39 is a better fit. But everyone has their own taste.

10. Eve Aug 3, 2021

My first impression with 36mm was the same, since most of my watches were 41-42mm. I also leaned more towards the 39mm. and i had two chances to purchase the 39mm at OB and both times i passed, since it looked like a dinner plate.
    The more i looked at the 36mm, the more i started to warm up to it. and right now i dont think it looks too small at all.

11. Shay Aug 3, 2021

Great! Maybe it’s me, I had the chance yesterday to try a few Rolex watches. It’s strange how your view changes once it’s on the wrist. I tried both Explorer II white and black. I never liked the white dial, but stunning watch on the wrist. I tried also the BLNR GMT and it’s a great watch also.

12. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 22, 2021

I also think the 36mm is more balanced but the 39mm suit some people better. Like my father-in-law who has huge, hairy wrists.

He was at a café not long ago, when a man leaned over and asked, if he could buy the watch. My father-in-law politely declined even when offered the man’s dog :)

13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Aug 22, 2021

for real?