No details on this watch. Is it real or fake?

Posts
14
Likes
9
Hi guys,

Won this watch at auction. In hindsight paid far too much for it without knowing if it's real or not. I just don't assume that people would sell replicas at a original price. I've been told different things especially regarding "qalemdar" which I'm still not sure of what it means.

Anyhow here's a few pictures. It feels solid and like real leather tho.
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,801
It's just as fake as it was in the first post you made about it.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
If it was eBay, you may have rights to return it regardless of “no returns” since it’s a fake. Never bought a fake so don’t know the protocol
 
Posts
18,732
Likes
38,884
It was police auction where items are available for inspection prior to the auction (unless you are on-line).

The only way for the OP to determine the validity of this watch is to open it, as advised in one of his other posts.

Also, being a police auction the items sold are "as found", so unless the auctioneer described it in detail as a genuine Omega there is little chance of recovery.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
So quartz in a watch labeled mechanical ... err co axial which is a mechanical movement.

might be a sign.

additionally an annual calendar needs a month setting...


So fake as a 3 dollar bill.
 
Posts
18,732
Likes
38,884
In case there's any doubt.

Simply compare the two.

OPs "Father Time" caseback stamp.



Genuine Omega "Father Time" caseback stamp.

 
Posts
14
Likes
9
OK thanks for letting me know. I didn't know anything about the watch at all. I came here for friendly advice after being directed here and was met with a sarcastic bunch of rude wankers. I appreciate the helpful comments. However, being so rude in your little elite group is actually distasteful and just YUCK. Middle aged men posting like your on a Facebook gossip group. JUST CONSIDER YOUR RUDE WORDS. I genuinely have no clue about watches but after joining the group I'm glad to say I still know nothing. Fantastic.
 
Posts
2,477
Likes
3,866
Calm down, you misread the room. It's not elitist at all. I know this because I'm here and I bring everyone around me several levels down.
 
Posts
970
Likes
4,490
OK thanks for letting me know. I didn't know anything about the watch at all. I came here for friendly advice after being directed here and was met with a sarcastic bunch of rude wankers. I appreciate the helpful comments. However, being so rude in your little elite group is actually distasteful and just YUCK. Middle aged men posting like your on a Facebook gossip group. JUST CONSIDER YOUR RUDE WORDS. I genuinely have no clue about watches but after joining the group I'm glad to say I still know nothing. Fantastic.

You were actually given some very clear indicators of why your purchase is a fake. Perhaps take less umbrage and more notice.
 
Posts
1,243
Likes
3,878
JUST CONSIDER YOUR RUDE WORDS.
I read through the posts three times looking for all the rude words the “rude wankers” used and the only person I could find saying anything distasteful was you.

You asked for free advice - you received several honest answers and some suggestions on how to return it. What else did you possibly expect to receive?