Forums Latest Members
  1. John X Jan 28, 2016

Do you know it took me years to find anyone interested in my Compax. Now its a Nina Rindt its gone through the roof. What a great photo from the roaring 60's / 70's though Thanks for that photo I now might keep it! John

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 28, 2016

As you should! Pass it down in the family, just not to a nephew.. ;)

John X likes this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Jan 29, 2016

If it was me, there's no way I'd sell it. Keep it in the family for generations. They aren't making Ninas anymore, ya know!

aap and John X like this.
  4. Diabolik Jan 29, 2016

John, with all due respect, you seem to me like a mature guy. You probably know as well as anybody that your watch is not going to be any good to you when your cookie is up. My advice would be sell it, grab the money and spend it, enjoy it, do something that will give you a lasting memory and put a smile on your face every time you think about it. You only live once and let's face it, it's a watch, a nice one, but you cant take it with you ...::rimshot::

John X, cristos71 and rarebirds.de like this.
  5. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 29, 2016

Now that's got me thinking. I'm going to have to change my will, when I get married later this year, so I reckon that I might want to go into the furnace in a coffin with a glass panel in the lid; the fingers of my left hand arranged in the famous "V" sign salute and wearing my Zenith A386 :p

tapaptpat, CanberraOmega and John X like this.
  6. Sueno213 Jan 29, 2016

Keep it!!! Money and memories are over rated.

John X likes this.
  7. John X Jan 29, 2016

Do you mean I look old!!! Yes mature enough to realize that I have enjoyed the best years with my Nina panda so I might as well sell and buy an Omega Speedmaster moon watch and a down payment on a new Mercedes !! Which indeed I might yet do. Who knows Thanks for the laugh John

8. John X Jan 29, 2016

Yes their is that too. But I have kept it in my safe for the last 7 years and wear a Timex. (No not really) Tag Monza or Longines Grand Clasiques which are nice wearable watches that if you loose one you wont weep in your bed at night! I would love to keep the Compax because when I first bought it it was a wearable quality rare watch.but things got silly. (to my advantage) Thanks I do not disagree though. John

9. John X Jan 29, 2016

Or in the safe! John