Forums Latest Members
  1. ozmega Apr 26, 2013

Does anyone have one of these?

I have 2 of them, and they are supposedly an excellent macro camera even by todays standards.

I'm wondering if anyone could offer some tips for settings/techniques, as I'm new to photography, especially macro.

I've got the tripod/lamps/white material cube tent and have taken some surprisingly good shots, but would like to take it to the next level.

2. ulackfocus Apr 26, 2013

5700 or S700?

3. ozmega Apr 26, 2013

It's a 5700.

They were one of the earlier digital SLR's I'm told, from around 2002.

They were supposedly of good quality with a very high grade Japanese lense and the ability to save images in RAW format (apparently a good thing).

I bought them on ebay because they were said to be an excellent macro camera that some watch photographers preferred.

I'm keen to catalog my collection with good photos.

I've always just saved the photos from the seller, but they vary in quality and aspect.

4. ulackfocus Apr 26, 2013

I have the S600 from 6-ish years ago as my vacation and back-up camera. I just push the flower button and let the camera do the rest.

5. ozmega Apr 26, 2013

Yep, that's what I've done as well.

But there are an unbelievable amount of settings options with this model, and I'm just chasing those perfect shots.

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 28, 2013

The best macro I have had is with my Coolpix P80, set it in P then choose the flower and I can go this close

[​IMG]

Privateday7 likes this.
  7. ozmega Apr 29, 2013

Nice macro shot that one!