Newbie needs advice

Hello everyone, I’m a total newbie with regards to vintage omegas but a long time admirer of them. I saw this for sale in Japan and wondered why the dial didn’t say “Geneve” on it.
Would any “experts” be able to tell me if this watch looks genuine or worth the US$599 price. I like the look but have no idea if this is legit or worth it.
Description says “Geneve Early Model Cal.1010 166.0163 Men Watch”
Serial “38893239“.
Thank you all.

Run away from this one. The case is so heavily polished it's worn down to the base metal in spots. Not even worth considering regardless of price, but yes, it's genuine,

Run away from this one. The case is so heavily polished it's worn down to the base metal in spots. Not even worth considering regardless of price, but yes, it's genuine,
Thanks - that’s valuable feedback!

Agree.
You'd start getting green corrosion spots a week after you received it.

Agree.
You'd start getting green corrosion spots a week after you received it.
Thank you! For my own learning, how can you guys tell it’s been polished down so much?

If you search for the reference and inspect a few examples, you'll notice that the lugs are supposed to have sharper angles. An example below.

Screenshot_2024-02-14-03-16-57-366_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

You'll also notice that some spots have a different color, either lighter or darker depending on the light. Those spots have been polished so deep that the plating is almost gone.

Screenshot_2024-02-14-03-27-11-247_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-14-03-24-28-034_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Thank you! For my own learning, how can you guys tell it’s been polished down so much?
If you look, you can see the base metal (e.g. brass) showing through the bare spots where the gold plating has been totally removed. Shopping online for vintage watches is all about training your eye and attention to detail. Otherwise, you are going to buy watches that really disappoint you in person.

............................. going to buy watches that really disappoint you in person.

Lucky non of us ol'timers have done that eh.

😉