New To Watches In General - Need Help identifying

Hi All,

I've been holding on to this since last year when i found it in my granddads old stuff. Ive been one trying to figure out the model and 2 how to know if its real or not. The only only identifier i can see besides the name are the letters and numbers etched on the side. I want to take it to a shop to get it repaired but thought i'd ask for some help here first before i went.

Thank You in advance

Nice watch. 1940s bumper automatic. Small second dials like that are very popular.

The mark on the lug is a watch makers repair I’m guessing. Most just do it on the inside back

Get the moment serviced only. No case polish. Get crystal polish. Leave dial and hands as is.

Make sure the watch maker knows how to service bumpers and last.

You bought it at flea market. That’s all the watch maker needs to know

If you post where you live. Maybe someone can recommend a watch maker

Also. Get a quote and mention for yes or no

Welcome to OF! This should be a reference 2576.

I would make sure to take this to a reputable watchmaker. Hopefully all it needs is a regular service. I wouldn't have him polish the case or touch the dial.

Thank You both @DON and @rendo for the quick response advice and knowledge. I'll look for some places around me. I'm in the DMV area so if anyone also has person/place recomendation that would be appreciated.

What is that little device you got there? virtual pet?

The DMV covers a lot of area. When I lived in Northern VA this is who I used several times.

I’m currently looking for someone more in the Richmond Charlottesville area.