Forums Latest Members
  1. slickster514 Jun 7, 2020

Is it only me,
    But I find the new Omega bracelets a bit noisy? I think that the end links that fit between the lugs could benefit from tighter tolerances. Has anyone else noticed this? See other watches at my AD and they are pretty much the same.

2. slickster514 Jun 15, 2020

This is the actual noise I hear, although a bit exaggerated thru the video.

3. Bimmerman77 Jun 15, 2020

Man U keep posting these threads about the bracelet. Send it in to omega for service. I just shook the hell out of both of my AT 8900’s and zero rattle. I then took my 2254 and shook it. No rattle. I even shook my 2 subs, a datejust and my speedy. No rattle. U may want to get a new AD while your at it. The end links on all of the models I listed above have zero gap.

Archer and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  4. Pazzo Jun 15, 2020

How many times in a day do you actually shake your wrist like you do in that video?

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  5. slickster514 Jun 16, 2020

I don’t. But that isn’t the point

6. jeelan Jun 16, 2020

Can you see any play in the end links when you’re inspecting them? Is there any up/down movement? Without knowing the history of the watch, it could be that they hv thinner than the Omega supplied spring bars which is causing some play in the endlinks rather than a flush/tight fit....

7. slickster514 Jun 16, 2020

The noise is from the slight up and down to the best of my knowledge. The watch is brand new. I have seen countless photos of similar new Omega watches with similar gaps so I assume the do the same thing .... I think.

8. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 16, 2020

But isn’t it though? You had to violently shake the watch just for us to hear it. If casually swaying your wrists as you walk doesn’t recreate the noise, what’s the issue? You can create as many new threads on this as you’d like (you’ll get fewer and fewer responses each time) but ultimately you’ll get the same answer- save your anguish by taking it to Omega. Going to Omega will get you a lot further than creating two new threads and bringing it up on someone else’s unrelated issue.

Bimmerman77 and Pazzo like this.
  9. slickster514 Jun 16, 2020

I did just that today.
    There is a local Swatch / Omega service center; they took a look at it and feel that it is perfectly normal for this Omega.

Pazzo likes this.
  10. slickster514 Jun 22, 2020

Regardless what I posted last week, this still bothers me. I think the link below better demonstrates my concern. Hopefully the community will forgive my OCD and help me figure out if this is normal or not on this watch.

11. Bimmerman77 Jun 22, 2020

As I posted earlier, this is not normal. You need to either send it straight to omega service or have your AD do it. Both of my AT bracelets are snug.

12. Pazzo Jun 22, 2020

Can you post an image of the end links from underneath attached to the watch as they are.

13. slickster514 Jun 22, 2020

4DBACA9E-3FCC-4D98-A1F3-3E8E50CC1E39.jpeg
  14. slickster514 Jun 22, 2020

I did both my AD and my local Omega service as I posted last week.

15. Pazzo Jun 22, 2020

Not sure from the pic you posted but to me, it looks like the top (the part next to the watch number) needs to be adjusted slightly by being moved/twisted towards the case just like the bottom part. This is usually done with proper pliers. A really quick fix for a watchmaker.

Just my 2 cents.

16. Bimmerman77 Jun 22, 2020

That’s why I bypass the AD and call Swatchgroup directly. I’ve sent a few back for warranty work and never dealt with an AD for that. Not sure where you’re located, but I always send mine to Omega in Secaucus NJ.

17. Bimmerman77 Jun 22, 2020

Which omega service center did u take it to? Or did you go to the AD and OB?

18. slickster514 Jun 22, 2020

I went to my AD, and the Swatch Omega Service Center in downtown Montreal. I’m located in Montreal Canada.

19. Bimmerman77 Jun 22, 2020

That’s crazy man. The bracelet should not be like that. U could always go on the swatchgroup site, print out the form and just send it in. Write down exactly the issue on the supplied form.

20. slickster514 Jun 22, 2020

I know you’ve your watches have no gap and are perfect. But on the flip side, I have seen many photos online of my watch or close to it that show these gaps. One would assume that they would rattle too?! I just don’t know anymore. This will be my first and last Omega that’s for sure. I sent an email to customer service on the official web site, let’s see what happens next. Also included photos and video.