Forums Latest Members
  1. cbs59 Jul 26, 2022

Hello Omega Forums members!

I am a new member and I must say I am impressed with the qualify of the content available from this community.

I am looking for help with a restoration of a 1960's Seamaster Deville which I bought for my small but growing collection. I also have a Panthere de Cartier, TAG Heuer Aquaracer, Rolex Datejust 16013 and a Hamilton Masterpiece "Thin-O-Matic". They are all in excellent operating condition with various levels of patina. So now it is time to get this Seamaster Deville restored and then I can find another project watch to work on :)

Here are as many specifications on this watch as I can think of:

1. Model B6308
    2. Caliber 670
    3. Case diameter 31mm
    4. 14K gold filled
    5. 1960's apparent time of manufacture
    6. 18mm between the lugs
    7. Automatic
    8. Runs and keeps fairly accurate time when wound and also runs automatically

My goals are:

1. I want to replace the crystal with a genuine Omega crystal which is the proper one for this watch. I don't know what it came with originally; whether it was sapphire, plastic, etc. You can see from the photo that the crystal is 29mm in diameter. It also has a "step" or ridge along its circumference. FYI, I have the gold ring and it's in good condition. So I just need the crystal. Is there a part number I should be searching for so that I make sure I order exactly the correct crystal?

2. I want to put an Omega brand leather strap on this watch. It does not have to be vintage. I would be happy if it is Omega-branded, leather and has the official Omega sign on the gold buckle. As long as it looks appropriate, is in excellent condition and is an Omega, I don't care too much when it was manufactured. Do you know of a good source for what I am looking for? I have seen fake Omega straps but I would never go for that. Any suggestions for where I can order this?

3. The crown is some kind of generic. I want to put the correct crown on this watch so it needs to be made by Omega with the Omega sign on it. Does anyone know what the part number is for this crown? I have seen many Omega crowns for sale online but I don't know exactly what to order.

I have attached several photos of the dial, caseback, inside of the case, movement and crystal.

So, the bottom line is that I need to source the Omega brand crystal, crown and strap. I greatly appreciate any guidance available for this.

Thank you,

Chris

Dial - 20220713_174003.jpg Inside case - 20220713_174036.jpg Movement - 20220713_174121.jpg Case back - 20220713_174156.jpg Crystal - 20220713_182821.jpg
    sheepdoll likes this.
  2. Davidt Jul 27, 2022

On Cousins UK you can search by brand, put in the reference number and search for the part number for the crystal and crown. They’ll almost certainly be unavailable as Omega doesn’t supply third part providers any longer so you’ll then need to either source them via eBay or similar or get the watch serviced by a watchmaker with an Omega parts account.

The strap won’t be listed. You simply need an Okega strap with the correct lug width.

3. cbs59 Jul 27, 2022

4. cbs59 Jul 27, 2022

Davidt, thank you for your advice. I will check on Cousins UK. Have a great day!

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 27, 2022

You won't have any luck with Cousins as it's a US production case made by Ross.

Start your search for Omega Crystal PX5069, good luck.

sheepdoll and Dan S like this.
  6. DON Jul 27, 2022

You don't say where you are, but use the case reference number to order the crystal, but mention ring color (just in case). Comes with the crystal.

Style might be available for the crown. However. Omega no longer sells gold filled/gold capped crowns. Gold plated only, so will not be a perfect match to case color. As I mentioned to someone else. People sell NOS crowns on Ebay, but majority are only a small number of years old and and still plated.

31 mm case. Maybe 16 mm strap? Just buy a nice quality generic. Older strap leather can dry out and show cracking if not taken care of after sitting around and 16 mm may not be the easiest to find

DON

7. Dan S Jul 27, 2022

As Jim noted, it is a US-cased model, so the OP will probably not be able to use a reference number to order the crystal. Personally, I would just use a generic acrylic crystal for a watch like this. A professional watchmaker will have an assortment, and can fit one for you.

If you want to be certain that the strap is made by Omega, you may be able to get a strap from an authorized Omega dealer. Personally, I wouldn't bother, it means nothing to me, and again it doesn't make sense to pay the price for an Omega-branded strap for a watch like this. I tend to avoid vintage straps, since the leather has sometimes degraded.

Edited Jul 27, 2022
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 27, 2022

9. SkunkPrince Jul 27, 2022

Why in holy hell are you looking for parts? That's your watchmaker's job. She has sources you have never heard of.

If she says she can't get parts? You need a new watchmaker.

10. cbs59 Jul 28, 2022

11. cbs59 Jul 28, 2022

JimInOz, thank you!!
    The part number is exactly what I needed. I appreciate it.
    Do you happen to know the Omega part number for the correct crown?
    best regards,
    Chris

12. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

13. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

Thank you Don!

14. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

15. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

Thank you Dan S!

16. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

17. cbs59 Aug 1, 2022

Thank you again JimInOz!