My Uncle’s Watches

Hello, I am new to this site. I recently inherited a couple watches from my uncle. I am not sure if these are real or fake Omega watches. I saw a similar watch like the black face one on this forum but it did not seem clear what make it is. I have not taken the watches to a watchmaker yet.

History, my uncle was from Poland as a child and lived in multiple countries after WWII before coming to Canada via England. I believe the gold colored watch would have been purchased in Canada due to the inscription on the back.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Monica

Yes, they both appear to be quite genuine.

The gold one (actually gold-filled) 1950s the stainless one 1940s.

The history itself favors the genuineness of these watches : if you got them from your uncle, they would be coming straight from the past ! No fakes IMO. Would be nice to see the black dial with a new crystal to value the quality of the conservation !

Hello, I am new to this site. I recently inherited a couple watches from my uncle. I am not sure if these are real or fake Omega watches. I saw a similar watch like the black face one on this forum but it did not seem clear what make it is. I have not taken the watches to a watchmaker yet.

History, my uncle was from Poland as a child and lived in multiple countries after WWII before coming to Canada via England. I believe the gold colored watch would have been purchased in Canada due to the inscription on the back.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Monica

is that lume or white paint that has been applied to the hands of the black dial watch? If so I would see if possible to have a professional carefully remove it so they are back to their original silver color. With a new crystal this one could look amazing.

is that lume or white paint that has been applied to the hands of the black dial watch?
I think that's white paint, and could be original. Here is a similar dial, white paint on the hands, circa 1943:

I think that's white paint, and could be original. Here is a similar dial, white paint on the hands, circa 1943:

interesting. and weird. well if it is actually original then maybe don't mess with it
Edited: