Forums Latest Members
  1. cfw Jan 7, 2016

Thats a stunning piece looks alot like Oris 65 diver

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452200016.044830.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452200037.009803.jpg

aap likes this.
  2. gophishin Jan 7, 2016

Great watch, great story. I had similar experiences with all the "close encounters" when hunting for a Carrera - lots of shady business that got me really turned off at times. But in the long run it worked out, and you really get to see who the good guys in the community are! Congrats on the watch.

As for the hands, I don't know if they're relumed or not, but it's a great looking watch, and it would be very difficult to say without seeing a lot more pictures and even seeing the watch in person. But, I don't think proclaiming that all green-ish lume is evidence of a relume is accurate either. I agree that when you see the minty, toothpaste green, it usually is relume, but I have seen a lot of watches that have tritium that tends to age more towards the green hues rather than the cream, mustard, rust, yellow, etc. spectrum. In particular, you see this on a lot of old Gallet's and Bulova/Caravelle divers, I assume it's because of whatever 'mixture' or 'recipe' of luminescent material they were using. That's my opinion on the matter anyways.

aap likes this.
  3. aap Jan 7, 2016

Thanks for the compliments, guys. As for the hands, I think there are sufficient factors that support it being original - the seller's reputation, the similar examples posted here and other sites coming from known UG collectors and the advice I got from the people here. I won't go out of my way anymore just to prove it wrong.

4. Rman Jan 8, 2016

A big congratulations! This is my favorite Polerouter model and I had a couple shots this year but neither fit the bill. Seeing your example is a reminder to be vigilant and it gave me a big kick in the rear to get out there and find one. I really love the size of these and how they wear.
    You did great! Enjoy!!!

aap likes this.
  5. Kay995 Aug 25, 2020

If you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for your polerouter sub?

FREDMAYCOIN likes this.
  6. Avav1 Sep 5, 2020

glad it all worked out