Forums Latest Members
  1. Christiang Mar 25, 2023

Purchased in 1992 my Seamaster was my only wrist watch for about 10 years. In 2010 a local jeweler in an effort to replace the battery, scratched the back pretty badly and still failed to open the case. I sent the watch to Omega for a full service. They cited signs of water entry, replaced the crown, the back, seals and the movement (!). I noted a distinct change in how the new crown seated, called Omega and was told the new crown would wear in. Well it really didn’t and about 8-9 months later I dipped it in a glass of water and noticed condensation on the inside. I sent the watch back to Omega as it was still under the service warranty. Apparently the new crown had not been a good fit, and had damaged the case - which Omega replaced. So 20 years later my watch was again good as new. It continues to operate perfectly and while I have a number of other watches, but this one remains my favorite.
    What is your favorite?

2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Mar 25, 2023

Photos? :)

Duracuir1 and Dan S like this.
  3. Christiang Mar 25, 2023

Hmmm my cell phone probably does not really do it justice - particularly I was unable to get a clear picture of the luminous markers.

MySeamaster4.jpg MySeamaster3.jpg MySeamaster2.jpg MySeamaster1.jpg
    hen, flw, Geezer and 8 others like this.
  4. pbook4g5 Mar 25, 2023

I have a weird feeling about omegas (or any manufacturers quartz watches) but it’s irrational. Some of the stylings on these mid 90s to mid 2000s Omega Seamasters are incredible and so classic.
    I’ve never seen this reference before, but it looks great. Simple and refined all at once

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 25, 2023

Glad you finally got it all sorted and it's still on your wrist. :thumbsup:

Spruce and Scarecrow Boat like this.