Forums Latest Members

SOLD Movado (Zenith) El Primero "Big Blue" aka "TV Screen" aka "Fernseher"

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 6, 2020

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily,
    (the others really aren't... :D)

In the nature of a collection bla bla bla... reluctantly selling blah blah blah .... one in one out blah blah blah... principle-based blah blah blah... Whatever. For Sale my Movado "Big Blue" / "TV screen". The story of this quirky watch is documented in many places on the interwebz. Still, If you are unfamiliar with it, this link here is a great place to start to understand this cool, unusual, chunky-funky piece that hosts one of the, if not the most famous movement of all times: the original 1039PHC El Primero - you know, the first automatic chronograph ever ::stirthepot::

The watch condition is very nice, whilst not perfect, so it is a very good one to wear without any afterthought, like most of the watches I buy as I do want to wear them myself! In this case, people before you will have gone through the pain of the first ding, which is unavoidable once this beast seats on the enthusiast's wrist. As usual, the close-ups below tend to emphasize the imperfections more than its good general shape, you know how it is...

All watch functions work properly, I have worn it a couple of times the past few days with zero issues. The watch runs with a deviation of ~10s/day from what I've measured - service history is unknown however. The chono starts, runs, stops, restarts, stops again then resets with no issue. It has its rocker pusher, which is far from always being the case (pun intended) as they often get lost. The icing on the cake is that this one comes with that massive integrated Chatelain bracelet, which is a beast in itself, and part of the immense cool factor of that watch. Together, the watch and the bracelet have a lot of presence, and are very emblematic of the 70's, with funky colors and shape - while hosting as iconic a chronograph movement as can get. They don't make them like this any more!

IMG_20200930_165618119_HDR.jpg IMG_20201003_122811792_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20201003_122834381_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20201003_122917707_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20201003_122846120_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20201003_122923475_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20200930_165636775_HDR.jpg

and now... drumroll please... THE WRISTROLL - Wooo-hooo!!!

I would like to get 2750USD/2550CHF/2350EUR (other currencies available upon request) including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my bank account, net to me. I use Transferwise to save you both of us fees, so it mostly just looks like a “local” wire regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (Even US buyers get it right first time :D). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you with a bow, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please. No paypal.

For comparison purpose, as I'm listing this, the cheapest on C24 is listed for $3400 and it's been so polished it doesn't even look like anything anymore... So that price looks utterly reasonable to me, especially as this is what I paid for it a few years ago ::shy::

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references by searching my username. I have met some omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't desperetely lowballing me - If you are, I will just ignore you first, then possibly report you later ;)

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area.

Thank you OF for the space!
    Paul

IMG_20200930_130704184_HDR.jpg IMG_20200930_165622677_HDR.jpg
    Edited Oct 6, 2020
    Albe100, Tet, gminnj and 8 others like this.
  2. Frederic_gva Oct 6, 2020

nice shirt :thumbsup:
    and great seller btw :)

Lonestar likes this.
  3. ATWG Oct 6, 2020

I've owned the Zenith version of this watch, it's spectacular and unique.

GLWS!

Lonestar likes this.
  4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 7, 2020

Thank you gentlemen! It's a cool watch (and shirt :D) for sure :) there aren't other ones like it (except the Zenith, of course!)

First and last N+1 bump, to help the "latest" visibility :thumbsup:

Thanks OF!

Paul

Frederic_gva likes this.
  5. peterkirk01 Oct 7, 2020

Can I ask what size wrist this beauty fits. Thanks.

Lonestar likes this.
  6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 7, 2020

Very good point, thank you!

The bracelet sits somewhat loose on my 17cm wrist, because this is how I like to wear my watches :) I would consider 17.5cm/18cm as the "right" fit. Also, it doesn't show on Pic #5 but in the clasp there are two positions - a tight and a loose one. Let me know if you need a picture to explain that latest feature.The above measurements are taken with the "tight" fit, so you can add a good 0.5cm using the "loose" position and fit this watch to 18 to 18.5cm wrists.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Edited Oct 7, 2020
  7. peterkirk01 Oct 7, 2020

Many thanks.
    Peter.

Lonestar likes this.
  8. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Oct 11, 2020

Now sold, thank you OmegaForums, the fantastic mods and admins, and the whole community. I'm happy to report this one will stay in the OF family :)

Take care and stay safe everyone

Regards
    Paul

ATWG likes this.