Forums Latest Members
  1. nkb Mar 23, 2020

Hi
    I was wondering if the Movado experts/enthusiasts can assist me?
    I am looking for a 18kt gold dress watch and came across this vintage Movado that I am drawn to!
    To me the case and movement are in good condition
    The dial has some issues that have been disclosed by the seller (circular scratch and a small dent both between 9 and 10.

Is the dial original? I have been scouring the internet and found only 1 example of a Movado Tempomatic with a dial having no minute markers and "Switzerland" below 6.

The seller says it is from 1965; how can I verify this? I am new to vintage Movado.

Given the price of $700 US is it a reasonable purchase?

Please see pictures below.

Thanks!

Movado1.jpg

Movado4.jpg

Movado2.jpg
    Movado3.jpg

Movado5.jpg Movado6.jpg Movado7.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Mar 23, 2020

A damaged dial like that on a dress watch would be a no go for me. And although you don't see it when it's on your wrist the case back is a mess too.

nkb likes this.
  3. Walrus Mar 23, 2020

No expert but that movado writing looks a little off. Possible redial? I’m with you though I love vintage movados and have been looking to pick one up but I see so many redials. Anyway good luck on your hunt, I think at the 700 dollar mark you should be able to find something decent.

nkb likes this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 23, 2020

Original dial, I'd say, but like others, I would suggest finding one on better condition.

They are excellent watches. I own a steel Tempomatic.

nkb and DaveK like this.
  5. nkb Mar 23, 2020

Thank you all for your valuable feedback! I had a feeling the dial damage is a deal breaker.
    The hunt will go on!

Walrus likes this.