1. redpcar Apr 20, 2022

Taking pre-orders now :rolleyes:

moonswatch.JPG

2. sonicosa Apr 20, 2022

Gross.

3. savka Apr 20, 2022

What a time to be alive

4. Walrus Apr 20, 2022

I agree and I wasn’t trying to justify it or anything just noting and observation I think the fakes our s plague. As far as the moonswatch they themselves are fine but according to some rep sites fakes of those are out.

5. speedbird Apr 21, 2022

naw, I didn’t take it that way. I just think some folks need to tell themselves a story to make it sound better in their heads. As far as the fake MoonSwatch goes, I keep my ear to the ground in those spaces, I heard about it. Apparently it can be ordered as we speak. Seems like some interesting mental gymnastics to buy a fake that costs about the same as the genuine article…

6. Revo Apr 25, 2022

Are the fake co-axials actually co-axial movements? That's quite impressive (and depressing) if so.

7. redpcar Apr 25, 2022

No real co-axial fakes. There is a co-axial looking cap on top of a standard balance.

Revo likes this.
  8. Walrus Apr 25, 2022

Saw my first picture of a confirmed fake omega swatch. Also had to warn my coworker as he found one at 200usd online he was excited about. He didn’t tell me the site but I told him at that pice there is a solid chance it’s a fake. I just told him to DYOR as I don’t know where he stands on fakes and I didn’t want to debate. I’m really starting not to care if I ever get a moonswatch not that swatch or omega are much concerned about my opinion.

9. Evitzee Apr 25, 2022

The hysterical hype train left the station on March 26th. Some would be passengers are still roaming around the station. It's over.

10. Utheman Apr 25, 2022

They look just like this....

20190618_200034.jpg

... and inscribed on the back is the real tell

"Mission to Your Wallet "

TwinPeaks, Tire-comedon and apsm100 like this.
  11. proximal Apr 25, 2022

A few videos of supposed fakes have shown up here.

oxs_rep_jupiter.JPG

oxs_rep_moon.JPG

oxs_rep_uranus.JPG

Some of obvious tells:

1. "TACHYMETRE" instead of "TACHYMÈTRE"
    2. No copyright statement above "SWISS MADE" on the dial (I think? It's hard to see completely.)
    3. Noticeable difference between dial and case colors for Uranus and Jupiter
    4. Step on the Moon dial is painted on

Omegafanman and JwRosenthal like this.
  12. savka Apr 25, 2022

Wow, straps look even worse than the real thing. What a feat.

Wryfox, lando, Omegafanman and 3 others like this.
  13. JwRosenthal Apr 25, 2022

Lack of copyright is the biggest and easiest tell. Good looking out. That’s the advise to lead with if anyone we know asks.

14. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Apr 26, 2022

Going over this thread, it leaves me wondering whether this is a ‘first’ in the Swatch world. If sap, entering the rarified realm of brands worth faking is something to congratulate Swatch on… Sort of. ::stirthepot::

sheepdoll, Utheman and studeb like this.
  15. Bugbait Apr 26, 2022

Not even mocking when I say these make the real ones look better. The quality of these look really nasty in the pictures.

Could be just the videos and/or lighting but the colour on the cases doesn't even look uniform.

savka likes this.
  16. EauTerre Apr 27, 2022

Tbh fam... between a real, overpriced watch featuring a basic ETA 2824 for 1000€ ; and a high quality fake Rolex for the same price... I know which watch I'd buy. Quality/price ratio matters.

17. JwRosenthal Apr 27, 2022

….umm, I’m not really sure which one you would buy- I reread that three times thinking I missed it.

18. bmpennington Apr 27, 2022

International prices compared to the US really depend on supply and demand. Sometimes the prices are higher and sometimes lower.

19. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 27, 2022

Let me guess- Fake?

Using words with a negative connotation to describe a real watch vs
    Using words with a positive connotation to describe a fake
    Ultimately, since you called the real overpriced and the fake high quality, and wrapped up your comment with price and quality matters, I am guessing you prefer the fake.

DaveK and JimInOz like this.
  20. JwRosenthal Apr 27, 2022

I think it’s also VERY important to distinguish the difference between a watch made in the style of (like most Steinhart) that are indeed quality made products made to look like another brands style (most refer to them as homage watches), but make no attempt to deceive and are clearly branded with their own name- versus “fakes” which are violating all kinds of copyright and intellectual property laws unabashedly- like the watches that are the subject of this thread.

JimInOz and Scarecrow Boat like this.