Forums Latest Members

MoonSwatch “Mission to Moonshine Gold”

1. jaegodylan Jun 3, 2023

There was another drop today of the Moonshine.. I went to the new shop in Battersea and there were about 150 people there.. I suspect 75 got the moonshine. They all seemed like flippers.

They did also have stock of the whole range though.. except for the Neptune.

2. Chris_AT Jun 12, 2023

Still interested in these pieces but unsure of the build quality. are these made to be worn or collected is my thoughts when i see them with the display case that you can also purchase

3. jaegodylan Jun 12, 2023

They are meant to be worn of course.

you could collect them.. but I would wear and throw it away one day like any other Swatch

4. Aroxx Sets his watch Jul 8, 2023

I don't recall seeing anyone here talking about these. Maybe the hype train is finally running out of steam. I am not a Moonswatch hater but the strawberry second hand is over the top to me. Looks ridiculous. Anyway... I'm still waiting for the Mission to Makemake.

Courtesy of the Dink.
    missionToStrawberries.png missionToFlowers.png

5. studeb Jul 8, 2023

IDK, I liked the Strawberry one. More than the previous three ones. I do wonder if they are kinda taking the piss on this though.

6. spacemission Jul 8, 2023

Tonight I will sleep well.

7. Pastorbottle Jul 8, 2023

I hate strawberry……..raspberry or black current or maybe banana would be much more to my taste. :D

8. Evitzee Jul 8, 2023

Every full moon will eject another version this year, Swatch is going to milk this cow until the udder runs dry, just like they did 30 years ago.

9. Dsloan Jul 8, 2023

I agree they are a bit silly, but I'd totally try to grab one if I had a swatch store near me. Not sure if camp out overnight though.

10. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 4, 2023

I kind of like the strawberry hand actually. It’s the silliness that is appealing, it’s like a watch with a sense of humor.
    seems to me they took a page from @secondeseconde’s book. The guy is an enthusiast who started making wacko seconds hands for various vintage watch models, he accrued tens of thousands of followers and now some respected brands are asking him to partner with them to make wacky seconds hands for some of their watches.
    I have no link to him but admire the funky creativity.

Edited Aug 4, 2023
  11. mr_yossarian Aug 4, 2023

Guys..the base plate for the movement is the watch case. I have great difficulties buying things that are actually ready for the landfill the moment they leave the factory. Save the planet, don't buy crap gadgets.

12. Makesbelieve Aug 4, 2023

Very late to this thread, but I
    I am surprised by the ill spent anger.

I don't own a MoonSwatch and don't want to own one but from a brand and marketing perspective this was an amazing move from Swatch and Omega... one that we'll all benefit from as well.

What the Swatch Group have done is what every watch manufacturer's goal is... 'To create more wrists', i.e. Turn a whole group of people who had no previous interests in watches into customers.

When you look at the MoonSwatch the most prominent thing that stands out is the Omega logo (not the Swatch logo). The more people who are wearing these watches the more 'brand space' Omega takes up which will ultimately lead to a small percentage of those people transitioning to a real Omega - people who would never have purchased a mechanical watch before ('more wrists').

That purchase will probably happen on the secondary market which is where a lot of these people actually purchased their original MoonSwatch. This secondary market demand will ultimately increase the 'value' of the real Speedmasters we all own...

We win, Swatch wins, Omega wins.

How is this bad for the brand or us as Omega collectors?

Edited Aug 4, 2023
    macrodust likes this.
  13. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 4, 2023

A great many people here agree wjth you— if you want to read through the 80+ pages of the discussion at the time of the Moonswatch release. This present discussjon may be a bit different—but we’ve seen much worse anger on the forum.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/what’s-happening-on-march-26th-then.143522/

14. Aroxx Sets his watch Aug 4, 2023

Timely revival of this thread. I just saw the new one came out a few days ago. Apparently available for one day only on Aug. 1st for National Swiss Day. Who knew...

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 6.25.19 PM.png

Scarecrow Boat and Dsloan like this.
  15. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 5, 2023

Now that one… ::facepalm2:: maybe some Swiss people will like it? Too bad they already did a “mission to earth” Moonswatch, that could have provided an interesting blue and green patterned seconds hand.

Dsloan likes this.
  16. Aroxx Sets his watch Aug 5, 2023

That is a great idea. The Mission to Moon case color with a blue/green Earth second hand. I'd say that would be the coolest Moonswatch yet!

Syrte likes this.
  17. Pastorbottle Aug 5, 2023

They could do a Blues Brothers version…..Mission from God!

Dsloan and sheepdoll like this.
  18. Aroxx Sets his watch Aug 6, 2023

Another idea inspired by Syrte. Mission to Moon case color and make the running seconds sub-dial a small rotating blue/green planet Earth like on the back of the new Snoopy. Maybe a gold chrono hand or whatever just no silly patterns. It would be just like standing on the moon watching Earth from a quarter million miles away. I'd buy one. :D

Syrte likes this.
  19. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Aug 6, 2023

…or one with no hands, Mission Impossible?

20. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 6, 2023

That would be cool, I might be tempted to buy one too— even though again it’s a hefty price to pay for a plastic watch which cannot be repaired when it breaks.

p4ul likes this.