MoonSwatch “Mission to Moonshine Gold”

12,999 pieces in the edition, they were in great demand. Swatch mania was huge in the early 90's, bigger than it was for the Moonswatch gimmick of last year.
So @ 13,000 clowns paid @ $1,600 for a swatch…….and I s’pose some missed out!
There’s no such thing as a limit on the amount of morons with money…..a figure only bested by the amount of morons without money!
Seemingly the rest of us both with and without money are a minority

Like 2
Fooled most "Fans" once ...
After "OnlyFans" now "OnlyFools" ... for a Bio-Gold moonSwatch ?
Anyway, de gustibus non est disputandum

Like 1
There’s no such thing as a limit on the amount of morons with money…..

Keep in mind that the vast majority of the earth's population would consider that anyone who buys an expensive mechanical wrist watch, costing many thousands, that doesn't tell time as well as their phone or cheap quartz watch, and requires expensive periodic maintenance that takes months, would be a "moron with money" or worse...

Despite assurances that it would kill Omega, ruin watch collecting, etc. it has been nothing but a success. For some odd reason the Moonswatch simply drives some people crazy. It's very fun to watch...:D

Like 25
Well a few days ago I actually held one in my hand. I was so happy I never spent any money on it.

But I am excited to see what this release is.

Like 1
There’s no such thing as a limit on the amount of morons with money…..a figure only bested by the amount of morons without money!
About 99% of the population thinks only a moron would spend US$260 on a non-repairable plastic watch today, in 2023, it doesn't even tell the date. Yet here we are. Many have bought multiple Moonswatches because they are 'fun', there are some who have bought all 11 versions for a total of $2,860, plus they will add this new gold version to the collection, whatever the cost. There are always morons among us, most of the mobs that queued up around the world last March fit the definition of a moron. Swatch knows that and capitalizes on it. It's fun to watch.
Edited:

why isn't this thread in the swatch subforum?

it might be less triggering if its moved there ;)

12,999 pieces in the edition, they were in great demand. Swatch mania was huge in the early 90's, bigger than it was for the Moonswatch gimmick of last year.
There is a reason why the company is called the Swatch Group now. ;)

Like 2
About 99% of the population thinks only a moron would spend US$260 on a non-repairable plastic watch today, in 2023, it doesn't even tell the date. Yet here we are. Many have bought multiple Moonswatches because they are 'fun', there are some who have bought all 11 versions for a total of $2,860, plus they will add this new gold version to the collection, whatever the cost. There are always morons among us, most of the mobs that queued up around the world last March fit the definition of a moron. Swatch knows that and capitalizes on it. It's fun to watch.
Explain to me how these potential buyers are morons. We pay thousands or tens of thousands for a watch that needs to be manually wound and still is off by a few seconds a day, when you phone is superior at telling time.

These things are LUXURIES. It's jewelry that just happens to tell the time... meaning they are just toys for adults. If they are dumb for buying an expensive Swatch, we are all just as dumb for buying an expensive Omega...

If you think it's silly and dilutes the Omega brand, then just don't buy it. Vote with your money.

Like 7
It’s causing conversation and controversy (to an extent) if it’s true there is no such thing as bad press it’s working but tbh a few people I know who had 0 interest in watches did bring these moonswatch things up in conversation stating they wanted one it shall be interesting to see if the same thing happens on this round.

I dunno. Jewelry serves a social "use case," or it can. It can communicate a lot about a person. What's the point owning a real piece of corundum when artificial sapphire is so incredibly easy to create? Or, for that matter, Alexandrite- which is even more rare and valuable, but is easily "replicated" with color-change 'sapphire?' (and of course, there's Diamond...)

It's in interesting debate. Stupid? lots of things *society* has dreamed up are immensely stupid in terms of resources and time, but they still have a social use case.

Even if I agree with you often about it...

Explain to me how these potential buyers are morons. We pay thousands or tens of thousands for a watch that needs to be manually wound and still is off by a few seconds a day, when you phone is superior at telling time.

These things are LUXURIES. It's jewelry that just happens to tell the time... meaning they are just toys for adults. If they are dumb for buying an expensive Swatch, we are all just as dumb for buying an expensive Omega...

If you think it's silly and dilutes the Omega brand, then just don't buy it. Vote with your money.

Like 1
Is this really it ?

B965D8BE-B19C-490A-9FC7-542737F32F3E.jpeg
Would be surprised if it was! Guessing it’s a bio-ceramic case with burgundy bezel. A BA145.022 for the masses (if any of us can actually get one…). Maybe Moonshine gold hands?

The sunswatch?
Is that even a thing ?

I have two of these things, the pink one and the Alaska looking one. Both still in the box as I was offered by friends who were at Swatch in Germany and could get them and I can't say no so ended up with them. I will say no the next time.

EDIT: I just googled Sunswatch, its the yellow one.
Edited:

Keep in mind that the vast majority of the earth's population would consider that anyone who buys an expensive mechanical wrist watch, costing many thousands, that doesn't tell time as well as their phone or cheap quartz watch, and requires expensive periodic maintenance that takes months, would be a "moron with money" or worse...

Despite assurances that it would kill Omega, ruin watch collecting, etc. it has been nothing but a success. For some odd reason the Moonswatch simply drives some people crazy. It's very fun to watch...:D
This is an example of a post that almost makes me want to register a new/different account with OF just so I can give it another like :)

I think they should honor the dwarf planets. I would buy a Mission to MakeMake just because it’s hella fun to say.
https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/dwarf-planets/makemake/in-depth/

Jupiter has 92 moons and Saturn has 83. There’s a lot of runway left here.

If spending $300 and enjoying a fun watch is stupid then scrutinizing the minutia of 70 year old watches for countless hours and spending thousands on them is equally stupid. A lot of people wouldn’t think twice about dropping that much on a dinner out. Live and let live.

Like 3
Wait, it's real? I was being sarcastic...

Is that even a thing ?

I have two of these things, the pink one and the Alaska looking one. Both still in the box as I was offered by friends who were at Swatch in Germany and could get them and I can't say no so ended up with them. I will say no the next time.

EDIT: I just googled Sunswatch, its the yellow one.