Forums Latest Members

Moderators are ridiculous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayco May 29, 2021

Ok, so I ask the group and receive excellent advice about the type of hands I need for my watch. I can’t post in WTB section because I need 200 posts to, what I can only assume, validate that I am not a scammer seeking to part a fool with his money. Ok, so be it, I won’t spend the next week replying and posting to simply get to that arbitrary number. So, knowing what part number the hands are, I simply ask if any one has them and the post was removed. I never asked to buy them and the moderator in their infinite wisdom never gave anyone else on these forums the opportunity to let me know they had some that could be traded, gifted or whatever through a PM. What is the point of joining a forum like this for those of us who are active collectors and want to keep a well made machine running with the most original parts? I appreciate the concern and regulations regarding selling. Why would you apply the same to wanting to buy something? There are safety nets on payment platforms to reduce fraud and, if someone doesn’t know enough to use them then, buyer beware. Don’t make this platform so rigid and stodgy that it can’t be used as a useful tool to connect watch lovers and those of us who might choose to help someone out. Someone may be looking for the current, incorrect hands on my seamaster and I would gladly be willing to accommodate them but, I guess I can’t because I probably have 183 posts that still have to be created.
    Give me a break.

Wabi-sabi and fizz like this.
  2. keepsonticking May 29, 2021

Oh my. A rebel. Sexy. Like James Dean except with watch hands. Jayco, let me impart this one bit of wisdom: The forum is privately owned, and the owners can manage it as they/he pleases. It is a very successful forum whose members will absolutely agree that you, not the moderators are a tool, and despite your best Marlon Brando, you are not going to win this one. Personally, I think you're TUFF and would compare you to a young David Cassidy or Leif Garrett. FIGHT THE POWER. heh

I just noticed at the end of the diatribe he included a bit of selfless reasoning to make his case when he emphasized there might be people just dying to have his incorrect hands but that they will never get them due to stodgy rules. So it's not even about HIM. He just wants to get his old hands to some needy watch owner. Cmon MODs.

Edited May 29, 2021
  3. Walrus May 29, 2021

Do you have a cat? I usually just spam pics of my cat hairy.

Hnansen, 64Wing, WadeP and 9 others like this.
  4. Dan S May 29, 2021

Another satisfied customer.

watchyouwant, Hnansen, kkt and 19 others like this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 29, 2021

Does the name of your favorite of the seven dwarfs happen to begin with "G"?

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 29, 2021

If we gave you a break, we’d have to give the other 1,000 people a year with the same request a break also.

Stick around and contribute and you’ll be surprised how quickly you’ll push that button 200 times with meaningful content.
    gatorcpa

7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 29, 2021

I suspect you didn't take the excellent advice given to you in response to your very first post.

8. redpcar May 29, 2021

200 post rule is to keep the seagulls away.

9. keepsonticking May 29, 2021

Goofy wasn't a dwarf. He was a dog. At least, I think he was a dog.

Edited May 29, 2021
    Dsloan, Waltesefalcon and Duracuir1 like this.
  10. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 29, 2021

Here is your break, you can play by the rules without the drama or you can leave. The forum does not just exist just to satisfy your needs.
    Play nice and you are welcome to stay.
    This is your only warning.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 29, 2021

I think he meant “Grumpy”

12. Socks May 29, 2021

I’m not sure if you are allowed to use the term “dwarf” anymore? I think it’s “person of short stature”

unless you are referring to a star...

Edited May 29, 2021
  13. timoss May 29, 2021

He definitely didn’t mean “Grateful”

DaveK, eugeneandresson and Spacefruit like this.
  14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 29, 2021

Members who rant after getting posts removed that don't follow the rules are ridiculous!

15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? May 29, 2021

upload_2021-5-29_8-25-11.jpeg

kkt, vintage hab, janice&fred and 5 others like this.
  16. Wlcutter May 29, 2021

Jeez @jayco—no one owes you the break you request at the end of your post. Further, @Archer already told you the most expedient way to get the hands you're after—find a watchmaker with an Omega account. Really, really not hard. And, in the extremely remote chance that someone's out there losing sleep searching for the hands you'd be able to offer from your watch, I suspect that, chances are, eventually they'll stumble onto your thread and ask if you still have the hands.

I'll note as someone who's hung around here for years and not posted that much that 100% of the time what I'm looking for is findable here, even if not obvious. You want a solution quickly, well done, and cheap, but you only get to choose two of those. So pick: post and earn the ability to post, or buy the parts you need. The moderators have nothing to do with your situation.

watchyouwant, otoron, DaveK and 6 others like this.
  17. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept May 29, 2021

@Jayco there are scammers who place WTB ads to scam people into sending valuable watches - something’s got to give and I don’t see anyone’s hand needs justifying a good forum to bend its good rules.

You may be an active collector but apparently you have not contributed much knowledge here — if you want to receive maybe you can start by giving a little bit?

18. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m May 29, 2021

Can I be of assistance?

F5426213-6ECD-4A27-9F8E-0026A6AA5372.jpeg

19. jaguar11 May 29, 2021

::facepalm1::.....

20. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since May 29, 2021

[​IMG]
    Not mine, the moderators

Larry S likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.